It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Without A Father This Father's Day

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Appreciate it Night Star. You're a sweetheart.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Lost my dad almost 24 years ago now. Suddenly. I still have nightmares about how.

He had his moments due to me being a little creep and not realising how fragile life is, but he was the most protective and supportive father. My entire world ended/changed/rebirthed the day I watched him gasp his last breath, in public..

Happy Fathers day, Dad... I hope you and nan and grandad, les, john, and doreen, are together.. somewhere.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Thank you fishy! We all need courage sometimes, but it is often hard to hold on to so...we can always try again tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Appreciate it Night Star. You're a sweetheart.

Thank you sweet Domo!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I am sure he is together with the people you mentioned. I am sure you will see them all again someday.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I'm a father and a grandfather, but this is for my father who maybe still into my mind, since once spirit of creation doesn't leave the soul of one that it has created.
My father taught me right, and would "only" punish me one time in my childhood. I do mean punish "us old folks here remember the belt" that was not child abuse at the time. That was keeping your child from "abusing" others in life.
My father taught me how to live a life of survival on the water and the land. That I'm most grateful for. Now at the present time , I'm using the river with my knowledge of throw lines to catch eel and octopus. (I'm in Japan). This will bring me a daily income from my catches. I owe this to my loving and hard working (2 jobs) and caring and sharing dear father.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You got me worried for a second!

Did not know, that fathers day is celebrated on different days in different countries.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

I kind of wonder if it will even be celebrated anywhere in 50 years. It may well fall victim to societal pressures against gender stereotypes and the toxicity of masculinity.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

I kind of wonder if it will even be celebrated anywhere in 50 years. It may well fall victim to societal pressures against gender stereotypes and the toxicity of masculinity.

don't worry, father and mother and child will remain the same in an unpolluted world of BS

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That post is awesome; my song for my ex is A place for my head by Linkin Park

edit on 18-6-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Mine too has been gone for a long while now...1986. 'Miss him every single day...and wonder if I'd have made him proud....even a little bit.....

:/

Happy Father's day to all!

MS

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Always sweet, ma'am.

I did ask my oldest son what he got me for Father's Day.

His reply, "Why does Father's Day always have to be about you. . . DAD!"

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I encourage those who have shifted unwanted situations in our upbringing into mothering/fathering our own children with a greater love than we experienced ourselves, to offer the newer generations the same respect. We must reflect that we were the troubled youth of the past, and should be thankful that we made it through safely. Each generation faces harsher and harsher childhood experiences, and we as humans should shift our attitude on how we raise EARTH'S youth... not just our own.

It's time to stretch our traditions a bit further to fit these current times. It is no longer satisfactory to treat others as we want ourselves to be treated... We MUST treat all others as we would want them to treat our own children!

People have the freedom and capabilities to treat life as they wish, but whatever paths we travel come with practice. What I mean is, it takes practice to create divide... just as much as it takes practice to create a talent in any of life's wondrous feats.

I would like to see Father's Day stretch beyond the definition of our individual father's. It is the spirit of fathering life and ALL life on Earth that is to be celebrated. There is no such existence as a fatherless child in my mind... any and all children are to be protected as the oneness of the human spirit thrives as one.

The human male does wear, and should wear the responsibility for the paths that generations behind us are forced to travel on. To see a change in the young generations that we wish for, we should be sacrificing our efforts to elevate all youth to the standard of parenting that we see fit. If actions of divide are chosen instead, then it shows through that the 'very troubling' aspects you speak of might be sourced from an internal source more than you might think. Think about it, you are the adult and have been in their shoes... you know what its like to live by learning the hard way, without your father's advice. That's all these young kids need these days... is the need for the world's love and fathering. I feel it is a responsibility of all adults to father in ways that by way of what is wished to be created as a whole... not just within our individual family's.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

His reply, "Why does Father's Day always have to be about you. . . DAD!"

Hahaha... your son has his father's sense of communication I see!!!

I know you took that comment with a smile...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
3 years to the day for me. My father's bday was June 18th as well. My family's plagued with ironic bad luck like that. Who dies on their b day? Dad knows I would make that joke at his funeral or wherever...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

I encourage those who have shifted unwanted situations in our upbringing into mothering/fathering our own children with a greater love than we experienced ourselves, to offer the newer generations the same respect. We must reflect that we were the troubled youth of the past, and should be thankful that we made it through safely. Each generation faces harsher and harsher childhood experiences, and we as humans should shift our attitude on how we raise EARTH'S youth... not just our own.

It's time to stretch our traditions a bit further to fit these current times. It is no longer satisfactory to treat others as we want ourselves to be treated... We MUST treat all others as we would want them to treat our own children!

People have the freedom and capabilities to treat life as they wish, but whatever paths we travel come with practice. What I mean is, it takes practice to create divide... just as much as it takes practice to create a talent in any of life's wondrous feats.

I would like to see Father's Day stretch beyond the definition of our individual father's. It is the spirit of fathering life and ALL life on Earth that is to be celebrated. There is no such existence as a fatherless child in my mind... any and all children are to be protected as the oneness of the human spirit thrives as one.

The human male does wear, and should wear the responsibility for the paths that generations behind us are forced to travel on. To see a change in the young generations that we wish for, we should be sacrificing our efforts to elevate all youth to the standard of parenting that we see fit. If actions of divide are chosen instead, then it shows through that the 'very troubling' aspects you speak of might be sourced from an internal source more than you might think. Think about it, you are the adult and have been in their shoes... you know what its like to live by learning the hard way, without your father's advice. That's all these young kids need these days... is the need for the world's love and fathering. I feel it is a responsibility of all adults to father in ways that by way of what is wished to be created as a whole... not just within our individual family's.

What a great post full of wisdom. Thank you for sharing your thoughts .

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Just came in here to catch up and saw your post. What a truly beautiful and inspiring post! There is much wisdom in what you say. Thank you so much for sharing that!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I lovely story of Fatherhood. I had to chuckle about the belt as us older folks remember those days. LOL!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

You got me worried for a second!

Did not know, that fathers day is celebrated on different days in different countries.

That's true. Other Holidays as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

I think it will be, at least I hope so. I have no more Mother or Father, nor am I a Mom myself, but they are lovely days to celebrate and honor good people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join