It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect explained...or not? Share your personal stories.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The idea that people are suffering from faulty memories is a little silly (it's only accepted because it is the only rational explanation). The idea that memories some how became faulty over time sounds a lot like the evolution cartoon I watched in the 6th grade. The idea that a large portion of the population suffers from the same faulty memory isn't rational, just the same as fish throwing themselves on land until they could learn to breathe out of water.
For your idea to work, the faulty memory would need to be contagious. That doesn't seem rational to me... when was the last time you thought about any of the early ME's? Faulty memory could only happen in two ways, the original memory was faulty or it became distorted over time. Berenstein bears, for me, has an actual memory of the spelling... are you suggesting that I was initially wrong about the spelling, or that it occured over time? If it occured over time, why? Keep in mind, that even though stein is more popular than stain, the spelling had no common place in my life beyond that of a 7-8 year old me.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
This memory was very clear to me until I stumbled upon this alternate date. I Instantly knew the house I was living in 1986 just wasn't matching up to my memories. Oh well I'm obviously wrong.

I too have things I thought I did with family members I've been wrong about, or maybe they were.

My stepmother used to say you remember things how they got told to you. Perhaps she's right, although it's not explaining my example. It was never discussed much after that. Every now and then it came up on another launch but never with a date. Or it did and I wasn't paying attention.

I just have to accept I'm wrong!

Happens!! I know I have been, on occasion, but other times, I am SURE I was correct, but others disagree. Memory is a funny thing.

The real kicker is, because of how our memories work, if there were such discrepancies, how would we prove them??

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightGoddess
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

There's a few theories going around.

- Mandela effect is really happening because of the lhc.
-We're all losing our minds and don't know it yet.
-Time has already ceased to exist, and we don't know it yet.
- Time lords have taken over, and we don't know it yet.
- We're trapped in a time loop skip, and we don't know it yet.

I'd be willing to bet it's nothing to do with the LHC.

The LHC is just the latest magic glue that holds together any conspiracy theory.
How is an atom smasher meant to alter timelimes, cause universe jumps or make people remember things incorrectly?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join