It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grenfell Tower fire: Man jailed for posting pictures of dead body to Facebook

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
You are not allowed to take a picture of someone in public and publish it unless you get their permission. You certainly can't take a photograph of an unidentified corpse in a body bag for the same reason.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

So almost all photos of public events presented in newspapers are illegal?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
You are not allowed to take a picture of someone in public and publish it unless you get their permission.

That's not actually true. I can take a picture of a street with people, or a person and publish it. No problem. What I cannot do is post stuff that is offensive and menacing etc... That's what he was imprisoned for. The fact that this revolting man felt that he could unzip a body bag to take some photos just rubs salt into the wound.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I guess I would have to see the context of the post. If it was satirical (with this man being a firefighter I doubt it), there should be some sort of penalty. If it was an informative, "dont let this happen to you" P.S.A. type of post promoting fire safety, i dont feel the consequences issued are just.
Regardless of the context, the identity should not have been made apparent.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It's a bit of a stiff sentence, but it's an 'exemplary' case - as in, the CPS wants to make an example of this guy, to discourage others who might otherwise feel emboldened.

Some might remember the (frankly obscene) sentences meted out to various looters during the UK riots of 2011. The case that has stuck in my mind is that of the young lad who stole a £3.50 bottle of water from cut-price supermarket Lidl, and got six months for it.

And that's precisely the reason the justice system does it - so that it will stick in people's memories, and make them steer clear of doing anything similar.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: justb0b

Was the charge indignity to human remains?
That's the only thing I can see being a charge.
But I'm no expert by any means,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join