It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many particle accelerators exist?! so we all know of CERN and switzerland but .......

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

The big bang is not really about pulling particles apart. There is a period of inflation but I don't think that is what you are talking about.

Extreme separation, was the term I was using instead of a big bang theory ErosA433.
Basically describing a origin point of all created things in this universe of which the current observable and un observable universe materials where compressed until they came in contact with the preexistent universal medium described as space and separated at a speed of or near light speed.

There isn't really a process in which you can just 'pull' particles apart at the speed of light.

Theoretically there may be a way. Basically either compress a particle compound within a vacuumed cell then place said cell into another component following this theory being the universal medium or space and upon contact the universal medium causes a chemical and or physical change to the cell holding the particle compound releasing said particles in a expansive nature at or near light speed.
Or place the cell containing said particle compound within a powerful magnetized chamber and pull the particle compound apart as the electromagnetic field of the chamber is increased. Eventually to the rate of pulling the particle compound apart at or near the speed of light...

The point of the big bang is that if you look around, everything is moving away with us at the centre. This doesn't point at us being the centre more that spacetime is expanding in all directions giving rise to a centre paradox.

Yes and a Extreme separation process as 1 theorized would do just that, expand from the point of origin why the universal medium placed within assist in carrying/directing/pulling the moving particles once compressed together outward.

The cosmic microwave background being so isotropic is also something that means that every point in the universe at some point in history was connected. One of the best ways to do that or best theories that gives rise to that is that all material was causally connected. If you then take the exact temperature of the cosmic microwave background (which is a perfect blackbody!) and figure out what energy the average cmb photon would have if you compress spacetime back to its origin, a time that it would have been causally connected and you predict that it was emitted during an era of recombination, when the universe became matter rather than energy dominated.

Indeed

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I read somewhere China plans on building the biggest one on the plane by 2020 I think it was. sorry if it was already mentioned

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruptedstructure

yeah, lots of plans and speculation, though nothing fully funded yet. Still will be interesting should it happen

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dingdongdoodah
I love how 9 out of ten are ring shaped too. its like ive found something fascinating to obsess over . I have done a fair bit into nuclear research but not in this direction per say not till today ah well another day learning is another day not wasted , its normally nuclear power . reactors and such. I like looking into the odd dab with quantum mechanics and fluctuations atm and my brothers are both physicists but its always odd topics can honestly say some of this creeped in but never about how many of these exist.

Being ring shaped means the particles can be accelerated round n round n round etc until they reach near light speed.

Do you know why they collide them ? It's all to do with Einstein and his equation E=mc^2. If you take two very light particles and accelerate them until they reach near light speed and then collide them their speed (c in the above equation) drops to zero or near as damn it and thus all the energy (E) is expressed as mass (m) and thus you end up with a stream of particles with all sorts of mass heavier than the originals. So the bigger the ring the more power (E) applied the nearer to light speed they get and thus the more massive the resulting particles after collision. Hence why the need to build ever larger accelerators.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join