It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perception is Reality: How "Framing" reshapes the meaning of everything they tell you.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Hey you know what, that catchphrase nickname thing is an example method of Framing.

I didnt start really following the election until right around the conventions, tat all that catch phrase game he was doing never really stuck with me.

The question is, were the names he was framing them with accurate?

I cant speak too much for the GOP people, although a Bush is always going to go NWO Neocon scum. Lil' Marco was recently outed as a George Soros henchmen by the looks of a threads I noticed the other night...

And then, of course, there's Crooked Hillary. HAS THERE EVER BEEN A MORE ACCURATE CATCHPHRASE OF A NICKNAME?????

Hmmm.

So now you're going to going to associate that gimmick method of brash communications with the bigot mongering 'you a racist sexist islamophobe homophobe etc etc etc' smears that SJW's (NuLiberals) like to go around throwing at everyone disagrees with them.

Interesting.

Was Trump shouting his opponents down with his gimmicks, like how SJW's use theirs as WEAPONS to squash discourse?

Was Trump's nicknames inaccurate?

Were they really tantamount to 'slurs', were they tantamount to demagoguery?

Were the nicknames interchangeable for any one before him, or did he keep them personalized in his usage? That is, did he get them mixed up and run the run the list of prefixes he had come up with for his campaign opponents like how SJW's you rub them wrong and they unleash that whole list of "anti-bigot" slurs at every one. i.e.: did he ever say to one of them "Hey Little Crooked Lyin Crazy Low energy Goofy Kaine" (or whoever)??? I seriously wasnt paying attention when he was battling the whole pack of them to notice, but I dont recall him doing that. You know, like this:

Is there seriously a comparison there?

Because if there wasn't, well just running around slandering everyone that gets in your way with any old demagogue slurs one happens to know, I mean I guess that would be Framing too, but that's like the hammer in a communicators toolkit (that's right, the Framing Hammer), whereas the way Trump was using his nicknames (were they accurate?) those were far from being hammers. Is my impression about it anyways.
edit on 18-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
'Transformers' as a 1950s Monster B-Movie

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Ummm...I watched Trumps marketing ploy right from the beginning...He labeled each and everyone of his opponents...

As a campaign strategy it was brilliant...it created a mantra like catchphrase in the mind of the consumer that echoed the intent whenever one listened or watched the target perform...

For the most part his..."nicknames" were effective because they were so spot on...

In the case of the overuse of terms like racist they lose their effectiveness...however "deplorables" (as another poster stated)...backfired tremendously on Hillary and instead became a quasi badge of honor...

President Trump...if nothing else is a master when it comes to marketing and the use of framing...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I havnt been around much.. real life and all, but i wanted to reply here..

I talk about rhis issue all the time.. i watch one person make a statement and then watch another person disagree.. and a third person aay the truth is somewhere in the middle..

The hell it is... usually the truth is "not in frame"
So its not "in the middle." Nor is it on one side or the othee..

A false paradigm has been set up and you move sowb a line 2 dimensions true or false.. not realizing its a 4 dimensional problem and the 2 dimensional line of possibilities you pick from never interaect the truth at any point.

Thats how i try to describe it to people.

Its an oddly hard thing to describe..

So take a step back sont react.. rhey have you looking down a tube.. pull your head out look around.. YOU reframe the situation.. start with what you for sure know..

You might hear iran shoots down a us plane its framed as an accident by both sides maybe. That tendions are high and nerves got the best of the irsnisn air defense.. the media will expand this into iran overreacting and terrorism and evil and war your mind connecting it all to iran IS evil..

In reality a secret stealth plane was moving us treasury bonds to a contact inside iranian gov? And someone else in the government didnt know of the secret deal ans shot the plane down?

Both sides are fine with the lie.. and cant do much to stop the media spin without risking some amount of truth coming out.. of course cia spookies feed the lines to washington post.. the guy who also owns amazon.. what was it a 500 million dollar deal with cia??

I dont know im tired and not feeling super creative.. you just make a story around real events.. people think the events took place so the story is true.. BAD assumption..

Sometimes i see how to frame it in reality right off the bat. Most of the time i figure an aproximation.. and yes still a good portion of the time i get lost in the frames.. my frame rate is too slow for the ammount of data.. one of the reasons i dont consume much news.. i watch from a distance.. i do not becpme emotionally involved

Ive never seen such blatant propaganda in my life..
2016 into 2017

Anyways..

edit on 18-6-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Framing is center of election seasons (Electioneering), such as how the MSM constantly labelled Ron Paul as "unelectable"(to play on that "you dont want to waste your vote" attitude they reinforce into everyone every election) whenever they'd mention his name.

edit on 19-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes, perception is reality.

And a huge chunk of America has lost the ability to be perceptive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join