It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Shark Die-Off on California Coast is Alarming Researchers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
More bad news about animal die-offs on the west coast..

Mass marine animal die-offs have become regular news in recent years, especially along the western coast of the America’s where it is quite common to hear of pods of whales or other animals mysteriously perishing in great numbers.

Most recently along the coast of California, primarily around the San Francisco Bay area, an alarming number of sharks are dying, and officials are at a loss as to why. For the past three months, thousands of dead leopard sharks have been washing up on shores in the bay, and their decomposing bodies may be making the problem worse.

The best guess at the present moment is a fungal infection affecting the brains of these sharks,

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
At least they're dying, not turning into zombie sharks.

The best guess at the present moment is a fungal infection affecting the brains of these sharks,

edit on 17-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So many wildlife from the oceans dying off over in the pacific.

Has anyone compile a list off all the die offs and beachings?

Is the radiation from Fukushima directly or in directly involved?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
So many wildlife from the oceans dying off over in the pacific.

Has anyone compile a list off all the die offs and beachings?

The news article speculated it was a result of a large amount of toxins runoff into the ocean from the massive rains the west coast has experienced over the past few months. They did not confirm this...only speculated.

Fukushima was my first thought as well.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky it's because of the Japan reactors leaking radiation in to the Pacific.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

i guess no one will talk about it

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

i guess no one will talk about it

Of course it is.

peace
edit on 4337Saturday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissionTruth
a reply to: 727Sky it's because of the Japan reactors leaking radiation in to the Pacific.

Actually. they are pumping in a circular motion. ocean water to keep cooling the melt down radioactive rods from causing a nuclear explosion.

Man nor robots can reach the rods to do any damn thing about it. So, it is, and will continue to be, a continuous killing of the Pacific Ocean and all the species of life in it.

Mankind has the most horrific ongoing disaster happening, and can do nothing about it but feed us lie after lie of what is really happening.

Des

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

happens sharks die. could be suntan lotion poisoning them its toxic to their immune system.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Officials won't talk about it since they can't fix it, which will lead to anger directed against them. They know what is causing this you can bet on that. Because of all the lies already told, to admit now what is causing this could cause widespread pitchforks and torch riots nationwide. Before these sharks it was sea lions and seals. Before that it was starfish.. It's nuclear poisoning already found in sea life, but no one is testing them anymore since the public will be quite angry as they should be..My favorite one was "a little radiation is good for you"..
radiation die offs
edit on 17-6-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: added

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
At least they're dying, not turning into zombie sharks.

Great, now that you said this the universe is going to have to manifest the movie.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
You were saying??

We also have flying sharks piloted by NAZI zombies. Have we gone too far yet??

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am a reef keeper. A small .5 alk change would nuke the tank. Usually down to runaway train effects.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram
Your a Reefer eh? Cook your own rock too??? Got to cook the rock, you never know whats inside before it goes in the system.

Funny that anybody who isn't in the hobby would probably think we are talking about drugs.

SPS, LPS, or soft corals??? You said reef so I don't think its fish only.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Your a Reefer eh? Cook your own rock too??? Got to cook the rock, you never know whats inside before it goes in the system.

Funny that anybody who isn't in the hobby would probably think we are talking about drugs.

SPS, LPS, or soft corals??? You said reef so I don't think its fish only.

No. No cooking or ro dipping. I like every bit of creepy stuff from rocks. Now and then on forums try to figure out crabs and worms suddenly showed up.

Yeah 1000l mix reef. GSP to deepwater acropora. Proper mix.
No anemone tho.. hate them bastards.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The only anemone's I hate are the aiptasia. Constantly stinging corals and spread too fast. Them, gorilla crabs, and bristle/fire worms are the primary reason we should always cook rock. The best way I found to get the zooplankton growing naturally in the rock is to occasionally seed with ocean water/macro.

I had these awesome tiny snails that were barely the size of the ball point of the pen that started producing. Great source of food and algae cleaners. Just started producing one day. Its all gone now, I topped out at a 72 bow, had to sell the livestock to the local club members. The equipment itself as well as tank and stand I traded for a PS3 in 2007. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Its still working to this day.

I wonder is how can such a die off be limited to one species of shark?? Even alkalinity issues would affect a more diverse sampling of specimens.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Sh#!!

Starfish in Puget Sound. Even polar bears and seals with patches of fur missing.

We're drowning in our own filth and taking everything else down with us!

Before we head to the stars we need to clean our room.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I got few peppermints so no aiptasia issues. I even buy small rocks with aiptasia to feed the copperband as treat. I got ton of bristle worms but No fire worms as far as i can tell. But i never put the hand in the water without arm lenth rubber gloves after touching a paly and touched my eyes and went blind for a week. 😂
At one point astarinas population went haywire and started to munching on my £10 a head zoas. Added a harlequin and and problam under control now.

I think its a fungal or virus issue with sharks aswell.
edit on 17-6-2017 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Ha. I just did a thread that featured a unique insights from "trailer remixes", and then you mention this and lookie here a movie trailer for just that:

Zombie Shark (2015) - Official Trailer

EDIT: I see it was already mentioned.

edit on 17-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thats the beauty of marine systems. Got a pest?? Just add another animal!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join