It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bowing To Social Justice Insanity, U.S. Army Prepares For Admission Of Transgenders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Don't see a problem at all.
The only problem that exists would be any reduction in the standards that need to be passed for certain roles and that has nothing to do with a transgender issue. It should be applied to men and women.
There should be no bathroom nonsense, though, and certainly no special rules on uniform.

Standards are set by male and female. Not sure which catagory transgendered would fit in. It overall it wouldn't make a difference the male and female uniforms are the same. So I don't see a major impact other than who uses what bathroom for showers.

And in the army they would never have a guy shower with females even if he thought he was a woman.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

LOL. Do you really think they care about the LGBT in the military? Many of them know a few or are friends with them. So no that is not the reason.
SMH

I know for a fact that many do care, yes. I've talked to people about this issue, both former military folks, and also people who planned to enlist, and then didn't. Yes, that is a reason.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

LOL. Do you really think they care about the LGBT in the military? Many of them know a few or are friends with them. So no that is not the reason.
SMH

I know for a fact that many do care, yes. I've talked to people about this issue, both former military folks, and also people who planned to enlist, and then didn't. Yes, that is a reason.

So you know millions of people? Amazing.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: seasonal

Mmmm, I may be wrong, haven't really researched it, but by the way of the all volontary military, the US military is suffering huge personnel shortages. My guess is they're desperate to take in anyone who can pass the IQ tests and who is literate enough to read the instructions that come with the equipment.

And as the society further degenerates, its only going to get worse.

Have you seen the pictures from the "People of Walmart" website........yea, those, well that's what a majority of the US population looks like........so wretchedly morbidly obese many have to ride around Walmart in electric carts.

So.........open the ranks to the cross dressers. Put Corporal Klink in charge, at least he had good taste.

One of the reasons that there are personnel shortages is nonsense like this. Lots of people left, who might have stayed in, over this sort of policy change, and many who would have signed up chose not to do so, for the same reason.

If they stopped catering to mental illness, and stopped some of the Affirmative Action nonsense, the enrollment would climb again.

If a soldier quits because they can't fight alongside those who are different, I would insist they stay gone. That kind of soldier cannot be trusted to defend America, a land full of people who are different.

You are mentally ill for thinking that's a good idea.

No, the issue is that people with a mental problem are not stable, and a lot of people recognize that fact. I know military people. Married to one with more than 25 years of service, before retiring, and am a veteran myself. It's not about "different"; it's about unstable. For example, one person the hubby knew who was in, and homosexual, killed herself. Yeah, that can be a problem. Isn't always, but for people who don't even believe they are their biological sex? That's not someone stable enough for a combat situation.

But, hey, go ahead, welcome them in, and send the tot he Middle East for deployments. That ought to work out well.....not!! Not for them, not for the people working with them, not for anyone.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

If they are able to serve then what is your problem?

link   

Wrong shade of lipstick I'm afraid.

link   

originally posted by: fatkid

Can you please post where you are getting the "personnel shortages" information..... we aren't at war and haven't been for awhile... I don't think there are any shortages in any service at all, please educate me with something recent if I am wrong.

I didn't state that there were personnel shortages someone else did. I simply commented on one reason for some of that. I KNOW, from talking to people, both prior military, and would-have-been military, how many feel about the issue.

As for at war; where have you been?? Do you have any idea how many times the average soldier is deployed? Many go as many as 4-6 times, long years away from family, and in areas with very real combat. Call it whatever you want, but it's war for those serving.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I would pay good buck to watch this man take on 100 conservatives here then take on the final draft-dodging boss Trump.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Not to be facetious, but to my memory almost on the second day you learn how to wash and where to wash, from a shower, right down to a pan of water in the field.

I mean just to get everybody standardized, from OCD-like hygiene fanatics to the grimiest doofus.

Anybody who transitions during training will obviously have to start at the very beginning as the opposite gender.

I mean nobody could figure that stuff out by themselves.

Uh, and lighting farts is a good skill to have as a male.
Not sure about the ladies, but most lads have had some practice in that department before the intake.

edit on 17-6-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If the individual can do the job, then it shouldn't matter what the gender, preference, color skin, the person is.

I put color in there because not too long ago, some felt that people of a certain hue could not do certain jobs in the military.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I would pay good buck to watch this man take on 100 conservatives here then take on the final draft-dodging boss Trump.

Buck is a bad ass. I wouldn't kick him out of my army. Or out of anything. Heh.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Mmmm, I may be wrong, haven't really researched it, but by the way of the all volontary military, the US military is suffering huge personnel shortages. My guess is they're desperate to take in anyone who can pass the IQ tests and who is literate enough to read the instructions that come with the equipment.

And as the society further degenerates, its only going to get worse.

Have you seen the pictures from the "People of Walmart" website........yea, those, well that's what a majority of the US population looks like........so wretchedly morbidly obese many have to ride around Walmart in electric carts.

So.........open the ranks to the cross dressers. Put Corporal Klink in charge, at least he had good taste.

One of the reasons that there are personnel shortages is nonsense like this. Lots of people left, who might have stayed in, over this sort of policy change, and many who would have signed up chose not to do so, for the same reason.

If they stopped catering to mental illness, and stopped some of the Affirmative Action nonsense, the enrollment would climb again.

If a soldier quits because they can't fight alongside those who are different, I would insist they stay gone. That kind of soldier cannot be trusted to defend America, a land full of people who are different.

You are mentally ill for thinking that's a good idea.

No, the issue is that people with a mental problem are not stable, and a lot of people recognize that fact. I know military people. Married to one with more than 25 years of service, before retiring, and am a veteran myself. It's not about "different"; it's about unstable. For example, one person the hubby knew who was in, and homosexual, killed herself. Yeah, that can be a problem. Isn't always, but for people who don't even believe they are their biological sex? That's not someone stable enough for a combat situation.

But, hey, go ahead, welcome them in, and send the tot he Middle East for deployments. That ought to work out well.....not!! Not for them, not for the people working with them, not for anyone.

Do you think you are more qualified to make that assessment than legions of medical professionals and the military itself?

That is called delusions of grandeur. And that is a mental illness.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

That is called delusions of grandeur. And that is a mental illness.

What was it called when it was the trans advocates who were claiming to know better than the legions of medical professionals who called gender confusion a mental illness and the military itself, who agreed with those professionals? Were you quick to say the advocate community had "delusions of grandeur" just a decade ago when the politics hadn't mandated changes in professional and military positions on this issue?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If the individual can do the job, then it shouldn't matter what the gender, preference, color skin, the person is.

I put color in there because not too long ago, some felt that people of a certain hue could not do certain jobs in the military.

You do realize the military was the first organization to integrate blacks in to the military. I'll say in my 15 years never once had a problem involving race. Did have to deal 3 times with gender. 2 gay guys and a female when they first allowed them into spc ops.
edit on 6/18/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yes, I am aware.

I'm just pointing out that these issues that have historically denied people aren't as well thought out as some may think.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yes, I am aware.

I'm just pointing out that these issues that have historically denied people aren't as well thought out as some may think.

Ironically the ones who treated the gay guys the worse were black soldiers. They do not like gay's in the barracks. But oddly when we were in Afghanistan and Iraq they no longer cared. I think there was society pressure when in the states

In Afghanistan had My first Sargeant not willing to take a female in to combat.
edit on 6/18/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Who cares? If they are willing to serve let them.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

So to sum all that up, you can't point to any manning shortfalls, so your point isn't valid. The military "deploys" for months 6-10+ all the time, even if there is no war..... it's really not war for those who are serving, there is no war right now, that's one of thos things people call facts.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I knew a gay female CWO that was tougher than half the guys in our unit.

She did a great job. So no issues.

Hell, I knew plenty of straight men who did absolutely crappy jobs.

Gender, sexual preference is not an indicator of intelligence, drive, work ethic, honor, duty.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join