It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bowing To Social Justice Insanity, U.S. Army Prepares For Admission Of Transgenders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The government (taxpayers) paid for Chelsea Manning's transition surgery.

Does that now mean that trans persons will now enter the military with full expectation that their "transition" completion will now be paid for with taxpayer dollars?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Perhaps that could be an addition to the GI bill?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Your OP says July 1, there have been transgenders in active military units for over a year...... you are hostile for no reason, I'm just adding to your thread, calm down though guy, I'm not talking about people who dress up as women when they go home, I'm talking about men dressed as women while in uniform, for over a year.....

edit on 17-6-2017 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yes, it is a identified as a mental disorder/condition called gender dysphoria, and military members get healthcare.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

Fatk,

So how a bout a high five for rehashing old info??? Again not new info.

Hate to blow your mind but there are already transgender military members, post op sex changes and all, men who identify as women wearing long hair, female uniforms, with female genitalia, make up, the whole 9.....

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

Yes, it is a identified as a mental disorder/condition called gender dysphoria, and military members get healthcare.

So, a person with a psychiatric disorder accompanied by high anxiety due to gender issues should be in the military?

There is "something in the water", my friends! Or, some kind of social engineering and behavioral modification is afoot.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Your OP is directly related to the my reply, what are you on about? I don't understand your issue, can you please use words to explain it instead of just name calling and being arguementative. I'm not here to Internet fight you. You posted something about transgenders in the military starting on July first, I replied that it has been going on for over a year, what's the problem?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I thought it was to get more votes for democrats personally... I could be wrong though, this is all Obama era policy.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Any soldier willing to fight for their country is okay by me.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I agreed with you.

But the info is not earth shattering. But was argumentative with the phrasing, something I enjoy. Relax, I am not "fronting you".

Hate to blow your mind but there are already transgender military members, post op sex changes and all, men who identify as women wearing long hair, female uniforms, with female genitalia, make up, the whole 9.....

Let's start over, I will act like this is a new idea. Ready?

Ok, I did not realize there were trans and gays in the world until the very second I read your post. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And has the ability. But I bet that was implied.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I'm not saying "in the world" I'm saying "in the military", which is related to your post, you are making absolute zero sense, if it isn't worth talking about, why did you create a thread about it?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Agreed?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Neat. I'm aware, and said as much in my first comment.

The question asked was whether somebody can be told to enlist to avoid jail. In the old days, enlisting would keep your record clean. A clean record means no criminal conviction, which means you can enlist.

Hence why the services have regulations pertaining to individuals trying to enlist to avoid criminal prosecution.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Mmmm, I may be wrong, haven't really researched it, but by the way of the all volontary military, the US military is suffering huge personnel shortages. My guess is they're desperate to take in anyone who can pass the IQ tests and who is literate enough to read the instructions that come with the equipment.

And as the society further degenerates, its only going to get worse.

Have you seen the pictures from the "People of Walmart" website........yea, those, well that's what a majority of the US population looks like........so wretchedly morbidly obese many have to ride around Walmart in electric carts.

So.........open the ranks to the cross dressers. Put Corporal Klink in charge, at least he had good taste.

One of the reasons that there are personnel shortages is nonsense like this. Lots of people left, who might have stayed in, over this sort of policy change, and many who would have signed up chose not to do so, for the same reason.

If they stopped catering to mental illness, and stopped some of the Affirmative Action nonsense, the enrollment would climb again.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

LOL. Do you really think they care about the LGBT in the military? Many of them know a few or are friends with them. So no that is not the reason.
SMH

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: TonyS

Mmmm, I may be wrong, haven't really researched it, but by the way of the all volontary military, the US military is suffering huge personnel shortages. My guess is they're desperate to take in anyone who can pass the IQ tests and who is literate enough to read the instructions that come with the equipment.

And as the society further degenerates, its only going to get worse.

Have you seen the pictures from the "People of Walmart" website........yea, those, well that's what a majority of the US population looks like........so wretchedly morbidly obese many have to ride around Walmart in electric carts.

So.........open the ranks to the cross dressers. Put Corporal Klink in charge, at least he had good taste.

One of the reasons that there are personnel shortages is nonsense like this. Lots of people left, who might have stayed in, over this sort of policy change, and many who would have signed up chose not to do so, for the same reason.

If they stopped catering to mental illness, and stopped some of the Affirmative Action nonsense, the enrollment would climb again.

If a soldier quits because they can't fight alongside those who are different, I would insist they stay gone. That kind of soldier cannot be trusted to defend America, a land full of people who are different.

You are mentally ill for thinking that's a good idea.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Those days are long gone, now a days if a military member sneezes wrong it is all over the news, Facebook, twitter, they are not going to risk upsetting a foreign nation to enlist some guy dodging jail time.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Can you please post where you are getting the "personnel shortages" information..... we aren't at war and haven't been for awhile... I don't think there are any shortages in any service at all, please educate me with something recent if I am wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I don't see a problem, especially for post-op transsexuals (by my experience you can't see much of a difference from somebody who transitioned, and somebody born that gender, or perhaps for people who feel mentally transgender, but have no immediate plans to transition).

Otherwise transitioning during military training might cause issues.
They will need time off for surgical procedures, and as another member pointed out, who will pay for it, or should pay for it?

Then just curious, in the US are women yet allowed to serve in front-line combat roles?
So if a male transitions to female he would be allocated another job (and there are many jobs and roles in the military).
But, would some of his training then not have been wasted?
If a female transitions to male, would he then be eligible for combat duty, and catch-up with the training?

Then I also wanted to ask Americans if there is a still a potential male-only conscription, where even if you don't enlist you must sign up or men lose certain benefits and subsidies?
I think it's called "select-service".
If a female transitions to a male, does he then also have to sign up as soon as the deed is done?
Surely if you want to be male it should come with all the relevant responsibilities.

If they've already transitioned when they enlist it's a bit of a moot point, but since the military attracts many youngsters as a career choice, it could be more problematic if they want to change gender during training.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join