It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bowing To Social Justice Insanity, U.S. Army Prepares For Admission Of Transgenders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
Will drill instructors have to start using preferred pronouns?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I have nothing against this. These people should be able to perform like everyone else and not get special treatment.

Might do allot of them some good.

I just hope for their sake that they dont go around making their sexual preference be any more important than it is to anyone else.

Medically, they need to just deal with what the armed forces offer. If you need special treatment you probably wont get in to begin with.

HEALTHY people should be welcomed.

edit on 6 17 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Mmmm, I may be wrong, haven't really researched it, but by the way of the all volontary military, the US military is suffering huge personnel shortages. My guess is they're desperate to take in anyone who can pass the IQ tests and who is literate enough to read the instructions that come with the equipment.

It seems the boys all being feminized / wussyized hasn't been much a help either. Kids dont even play outside anymore for a list of reasons (including the parents). How kids that never played out in the woods and the swamp gonna go storm the beaches of Normandy?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Remember when everyone said the military would never fire on its own people? Flood them with lefties and problem solved.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Mmmm, I may be wrong, haven't really researched it, but by the way of the all volontary military, the US military is suffering huge personnel shortages. My guess is they're desperate to take in anyone who can pass the IQ tests and who is literate enough to read the instructions that come with the equipment.

And as the society further degenerates, its only going to get worse.

Have you seen the pictures from the "People of Walmart" website........yea, those, well that's what a majority of the US population looks like........so wretchedly morbidly obese many have to ride around Walmart in electric carts.

So.........open the ranks to the cross dressers. Put Corporal Klink in charge, at least he had good taste.

Boy you pulled that right outta your ass, didn't you? Jesus Christ that's so wildly inaccurate I can only imagine where you could've gotten it, if not from there.

The fact (the actual fact, not a made up one) is that the military is drawing down and recruitment is getting tighter again. Gone are the days of getting a waiver for everything under the sun so they can put you in a uniform. In the last few years the only branch that hasn't met it's recruiting goal is the Army, and they still hit about 90% of their goal.

So no, whatever the reasons one wants to advance for allowing trans folks into the service may be, "suffering huge personnel shortages" is so far removed from reality it's almost comical.

Almost.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: thetruth2017
Is it because some idiots think they will catch the gay cooties?

Uh, yeah, those are the most virulent form of cooties on the planet. So much so that the military may just weaponize it and drop it on our enemies. Imagine?

"Ohhhhh, Abdul, you look tho thekthy in that burka!"

*drops AK-47*

Uh, they considered it...
Remember the "gay bomb"?
gay bomb

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Dammit. I was hoping to score a patent and someone beat me to it again.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Well to be honest it would be for there safety. A transgenderd going in the military wouldn't make it a year. When I was in I had to transfer someone out of our company because the unit found out he was gay. I got a call at like 3 am that one of my soldiers were on the hospital. He would never tell me who did it so I gave him some advice. And transfered him to a friend at another base.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

do they still do the whole you can go to jail or you can go to the service

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Well to be honest it would be for there safety. A transgenderd going in the military wouldn't make it a year. When I was in I had to transfer someone out of our company because the unit found out he was gay. I got a call at like 3 am that one of my soldiers were on the hospital. He would never tell me who did it so I gave him some advice. And transfered him to a friend at another base.

thats so #ty man
so much for brotherhood and teamwork and all that # huh?

we all bleed red man

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Perhaps the person got stomped because they were an A-hole.?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Of course not.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: TinySickTears

Perhaps the person got stomped because they were an A-hole.?

No he got caught with a guy in the barracks by the CQ about a month before. I thought it had blown over but of course I was wrong. At the time we were under don't ask don't tell. I could have had him removed but it wasn't something he wanted. He joined because his dad and said if he didn't stay his parents would never talk to him again. So I think I made a mistake trying to follow his wishes. It cost him 2 weeks in the hospital. But even then he still didn't want to leave worried his gather wouldn't forgive him.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well traditionally the military has had its own way of weeding out those who can't hack it or would pose a danger to others (read can't be counted on) in a life or death situation. I don't really expect this to change that. Be you gay, bi, not sure, straight it doesn't matter...Either you can be counted on to do your duty and protect your fellow soldier or you can't.
edit on 17-6-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

100% agree.

Everyone has something to contribute. Any of this should not preclude a qualified candidate.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Fine, I'll take the court of public opinion hit... I think we're pushing an unnatural and dangerous rate of social change in this area. We've gone from outright bans on service and contentious debate over domestic partnerships to full participation in the military and legal marriage in less than a generation. The faster and more significant social issue changes happen, the more dramatic and likely public backlash will be. I think we should have stayed with don't ask, don't tell for at least a full generation (and resolved the domestic partnership debate fully) before moving on to yet deeper change demands.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If you can comment accurately, do you think this is still an issue?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Dude somebody wants to sign up for the military so that I don't have to sign up for the military I could give two s**** what's going on with them have fun.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join