It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone; About to Erupt?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Im sorry for the loss of you and those you love.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

You realize we are talking years right....

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

As if 1850s tech was all that bad lol it sure was greener

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

Insects and fungi/mold will survive we can eat that.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: Aeshma

Insects and fungi/mold will survive we can eat that.

I knew it was a good idea to cancel that pest control service.

Any good info on becoming a termite rancher?
edit on 18-6-2017 by AutonomousMeatPuppet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Im 950 miles from Yellowstone. Is that far enough to survive?

Well considering we put a nuclear reactor on every major watershed, it really doesn't matter. Once they start melting down, it'll be best to have been standing in the park when it goes.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MissCoyote

I reckon a crash course on an Amish farm would be a good idea. Perhaps it could become a compulsory school curriculum subject.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I don't want the volcano to blow up.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

TOTALLY on board with that one my kids would feel right at home.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: redoubt

Watch out for little eruptions As with magma mapping, the science of forecasting volcanic eruptions is always improving. Most scientists think that magma buildup would be detectable for weeks, maybe years, preceding a major Yellowstone eruption. Warning signs would include distinctive earthquake swarms, gas emissions and rapid ground deformation.
www.livescience.com...

Let's hope not , are there reports of gas emissions or ground deformation ?

Remember when Mount St. Helens went , no one saw that coming.

There have been many changes to the geysers, new geysers and various land deformations and cracks forming over the past few years.

Not to be a doomsday guy here, but historically it has erupted on a ~600,000 year cycle, and the last time was 640,000 years ago. That eruption spewed ash over 1,000km2(over double that the time before), and caused the mass extinction of many different species in North America, as well as global weather changes on a scale that puts man-made climate change to shame.

If it goes, there's nothing we can do to stop it. Best thing for anyone in North America to do would be to make sure your emergency kits are stocked, and make sure you have access to clean water. Our freshwater will become contaminated very fast with ash, sulfur and debris.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

Like any volcano even super volcano's can have small eruption's (Deccan trap's they took a long time to form), so if it does go let's hope it is a small one as we would then have plenty of time to adapt or even to compensate for the slow increase in carbon dioxide and dust it would add to the atmosphere (volcano's still far outstrip human's for this).

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: opethPA
I have been to Yellowstone 6 times over the past 10 years, both back country and normal , and will say that their is 0 to worry about with what you are reporting.

There is a reason its the most active geothermal location on the planet.
Things shake, things run, things live, die, burn ...

If those things stop then it is time to get worried but since they arent , it is operating as expected.

Signed,

Harry S. Truman
Spirit Lake Lodge
Mt. St. Helens
May 17, 1980

Ha!!!
The difference of course being that Mr. St. Helens and Yellowstone are not close to the same.

You get people thst have never been to the park flipping out because "animals are running down the road so they know its about to get real" except that is part of the appeal of that wonderful place..wild life is wild and Yellowstone is a wild place.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote

As if 1850s tech was all that bad lol it sure was greener

Really? It was mostly coal-fired. Trees in England turned from white to black because of the coal dust. This led to the emergence of back moths that could not be seen against the black trees, a perfect example of Darwinian survival. The fog in London was deadly. 1850's tech was as dirty as they come.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MRedfield

oh me oh my don't say climate change they will blame us for that thing earth has been doing for billions of years.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
if and when it does go I'm pretty sure it will end up as Yellowstone lake. much like oregons crater lake that use to be a caldera (still is)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Well that surely made me spill me coffee!! haha! many thanks for that laugh

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I'm not talking about London.....im talking about old west style pioneer times....but go on with your bad self...here i'll even giggle a little.....if I can

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join