It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone; About to Erupt?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
I have been to Yellowstone 6 times over the past 10 years, both back country and normal , and will say that their is 0 to worry about with what you are reporting.

There is a reason its the most active geothermal location on the planet.
Things shake, things run, things live, die, burn ...

If those things stop then it is time to get worried but since they arent , it is operating as expected.

Signed,

Harry S. Truman
Spirit Lake Lodge
Mt. St. Helens
May 17, 1980

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Im 950 miles from Yellowstone. Is that far enough to survive?

probably for a while
then once the sun cant get through we are going to be pretty cold

We have fire wood and jackets

once the plants that the animals eat stop growing the animals we eat will stop living so it makes little difference.
if that bitch goes we are done

We have barrels of water, and about 25 buckets of assorted rice, beans, and grains. lots of canned meats too. We will share with our immediate neighbors , so we don't have to smell their rotting carcasses. I mean who wants a bunch of over ripe cadavers for neighbors, right?

From threads on the subject that I remember they will be wanting to eat you. Many think eating their neighbors to feed their own is .......ok!

I will hold up my hands and say STOP! I am unarmed, go away"!
Thats what they teach us to do at school when the refugees try to rape us

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
Oh so what. We're human, we can survive ice ages. We already have before electricity. Sure will be unfortunate though for those in the immediate blast zone.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

Aint skeered. This is totally normal and happens all the time.

"Yellowstone gets about 1,500 to 2,000 earthquakes every year. About half of those come in earthquake swarms,,,"

"Farrell said the swarm is the effect of normal tectonic stress in the Earth’s crust. As of Friday morning, his the University of Utah seismologists weren’t seeing anything volcanic in nature."

www.bozemandailychronicle.com... -6dbe-5f18-ba2b-2b839d8e3f5f.html

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Best way out is to eat mushrooms, you can live on fungi , they can grow without sunlight, and are somewhere on the scale between meat and veges.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: silo13

Best way out is to eat mushrooms, you can live on fungi , they can grow without sunlight, and are somewhere on the scale between meat and veges.

so in the event of supervolcanic fallout, make like dwarves. or maybe gnomes. ....hobbits? lol

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have always viewed the super volcano eruption about the same as I view the possibility of a giant meteor strike... It's not a a question of "if" but when because it's an inevitability. Sooner or later we will see one or both occur.

I try not to entertain the speculative, because that's all it is, aftermath of either occurrence. However, one thing is certain, neither will be an amusement ride.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Oh so what. We're human, we can survive ice ages. We already have before electricity. Sure will be unfortunate though for those in the immediate blast zone.

A new simulation illustrates the explosiveness of the volcano that lurks beneath Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming.

www.sciencenews.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

Going to watch this one, thanks for the details.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hi, just checking in to see if the volcano has exploded and we've all died yet and I somehow missed it.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Hi, just checking in to see if the volcano has exploded and we've all died yet and I somehow missed it.

Check back in a week. I'll be back into the 1-3mm zone by then.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Finally, I'm so tired of all the false alarms and waiting.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

A new simulation illustrates the explosiveness of the volcano that lurks beneath Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming.

www.sciencenews.org...

Florida doesn't look so bad now does it. lol

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Im 950 miles from Yellowstone. Is that far enough to survive?

probably for a while
then once the sun cant get through we are going to be pretty cold

We have fire wood and jackets

once the plants that the animals eat stop growing the animals we eat will stop living so it makes little difference.
if that bitch goes we are done

We have barrels of water, and about 25 buckets of assorted rice, beans, and grains. lots of canned meats too. We will share with our immediate neighbors , so we don't have to smell their rotting carcasses. I mean who wants a bunch of over ripe cadavers for neighbors, right?

From threads on the subject that I remember they will be wanting to eat you. Many think eating their neighbors to feed their own is .......ok!

I will hold up my hands and say STOP! I am unarmed, go away"!
Thats what they teach us to do at school when the refugees try to rape us

This quote plus your avatar would make a great meme.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Your avatar gives me anxiety.

Anyway..I thought these swarms were normal? If it does go,then it goes. Nothing we can do about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy
Humans, plants, and animals will still survive, regardless of the few millimeters of ash that will hit the surface far from the physical eruption. Many will die, and many more will survive, just like every cataclysm in human history pretty much.

Its good to see I can avoid the ash though by simply driving a few hours south into the Everglades.
edit on 6-17-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Well it wouldn't be a bad idea to get hold of a book called "Eating for free" or some such title. Because theirs so much good stuff which most people don't know what to eat. The reality is that the National Grain stores have already run out, so if its Bread and Circuses , were just left with the Circus.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
We have lots of grain in 5 gallon buckets. We have a grain mill too. I like to make bread with my mom

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I bet you got a creek nearby where you can put in a water mill as well.I think some of that 1850 ish tech will be the thing to get everyone by if the SHTF. Rabbits make nice stews but you have to eat the heart liver and kidneys as well because their isn't much goodness in the meat.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
todays society survive without power .....shoot people freak out if the power is out for more than 30 minutes. I'm actually excited for an an event like such yes....people will die but with our current state of affairs we could stand to lose a few million or more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join