It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Call of Duty Let’s You Play as Black Female Nazis Because… Social Justice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Who cares? Clearly the Dev's wanted to all gamers to feel represented when they create a character. This isn't about being black female Nazi, just creating a black female character because black females play video games.

Sounds like conservatives are getting triggered over nothing, again.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Read the story.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Not at all. Look at the angles. en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-6-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I love (loathe) how you post a topic with barely a hint of emotion, opinion, or intent and members just start ripping on you and/or the thread.

I admire your neutrality and poise with your posts.

edit on 17-6-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

You said R and L hand. Is there a change that I was not informed of?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
As a avid gamer and what some would label a "gater", I am fine with this. Its multiplayer and most multiplayer COD stuff is simply pvp fps. Normally nobody gives a toss about the lore in MP.
Now, if this was single player with historically inaccurate representations in what is meant to be a immersive historical conflict simulation, then yeah..that would enact my nerd rage

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I try to be logical and even handed. I get the feeling that some members are cemented far below the frost line with their Lib or conserv views. Thanks for the comment.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Dev's wanted to all gamers to feel represented when they create a character.

Agreed overall, in MP, its not gonna be historically accurate. I am a fan of sliders if and when possible, make any color or genital arrangment in rando stuff.

But If it is meant to be historically accurate (single player), then it needs to keep to that format...which they have done.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Blah blah blah...

Its boots on the ground.. no wall running or double fart jumps... and classic weapons with actual recoil..

I honestly don't care ifmy avatar in game is Benny Hill in a pink tutu ...

I'll be playing when I can.

Gamer tag xboxlive:
Mike Stivic

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Although it's boot's on the ground im still going to pass on this and continue playing Black OPS 3.
edit on 17-6-2017 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm confused, what on earth does this have to do with social justice?

I assume it has a system where you can generate any character of any race for any nationality, so in that you could theoretically create a black female german soldier. (I suspect it won't let you create Nazis though, they'll be Wehrmacht.)

So.... why the screaming panic about social justice?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Good god Activision!
Is she wearing a BLM shirt and pink p**** hat too!?!?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I'm confused, what on earth does this have to do with social justice?

I assume it has a system where you can generate any character of any race for any nationality, so in that you could theoretically create a black female german soldier. (I suspect it won't let you create Nazis though, they'll be Wehrmacht.)

So.... why the screaming panic about social justice?

Because a certain subset of gamers get mad about "muh immersion" when they see minorities in historical-based games outside of roles one would expect to find minorities. For one reason or another they find it offensive and game breaking to see black pixels as opposed to Caucasian pixels because it breaks their sense of "immersion" while they sit on their couch holding a gaming controller staring at their TV which is hooked up to the internet and some sort of gaming console, all while they drink their Mountain Dew and eat Doritos. Y'know...all that totally immersive stuff.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I just wish people could keep their politics out of my cod.

I just wanna kill campers tucked in their sleeping bags, nestled in the corner.

My worst fear isn't running into a black female nazi..

Its running out of teabags for the corner whores...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I has seen the previews and I don't understand what the big deal is. There is two sides nazis and a marinas it's a world War 2 simulation. When you play multiplayer you can choose your race and gender. If you play as a black female sometimes she will be a nazi sometimes she won't depending on what team your on.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So a fictional game creates a fictional character and it is somehow SJW's at work. Who cares, I mean who really cares and why?

How does this affect their lives? In fact when most conservatives whine about something, how in the hell does it effect their everyday lives?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Yeah, the Nazi or left handed swatstika is positioned differently than the right handed spiritual swastika is. The Nazi swastika is inverted or "backwards" from the spiritual right handed swatstika. Changes the connotation completely
edit on 17-6-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Y'know, many people are wondering why people are upset over this, and I'm honestly surprised I didn't see this reasoning right here. Some people may be upset because of the influence SJW's are having recently, but others have a problem with it because some people out there actually like their games to be what's referred to as "lore friendly". I can somewhat relate.

I've played way more hours of Skyrim than I want to admit, and have downloaded many, many mods for it. I always liked trying different things, but anytime any of the mods wasn't "lore friendly", I just couldn't get into it. For example, I found this really nice Harley Quinn costume mod. It gave me her armor from Arkham Asylum. I'm a huge fan of Joker/HQ, so I downloaded and tried it out. As much as I enjoyed it, though, it just didn't feel right being in the world of Skyrim.

Many people I've known who have played shooter games themed in WWII didn't just play the games because they're shooters, they played them because it was a WWII game. I do like the idea how being able to make a custom character that can change from side to side, but I can see how for some having a black female nazi could actually break immersion. Sure, one could argue that a 10yo screaming on his mic also breaks immersion, but you can turn that off.

Personally, I don't care if they do this since I just don't play COD at all, but if I did want to play a WWII shooter, I would want it to be lore-friendly. So for that reason, if I ever get that itch, I know this isn't the game for me.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I thought it was totally stupid until I thought about it. People like to play as people who look like them. If you're not a white male and you are playing online, you would be forced to play one if you get thrown on the Nazi side. This way, you can just be your character and count on suspension of disbelief to kick in for those around you.

Although... if I'm forced to play a Nazi in the first place, I think all other physical descriptors sort of pale in comparison.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile
Y'know, many people are wondering why people are upset over this, and I'm honestly surprised I didn't see this reasoning right here. Some people may be upset because of the influence SJW's are having recently, but others have a problem with it because some people out there actually like their games to be what's referred to as "lore friendly". I can somewhat relate.

I've played way more hours of Skyrim than I want to admit, and have downloaded many, many mods for it. I always liked trying different things, but anytime any of the mods wasn't "lore friendly", I just couldn't get into it. For example, I found this really nice Harley Quinn costume mod. It gave me her armor from Arkham Asylum. I'm a huge fan of Joker/HQ, so I downloaded and tried it out. As much as I enjoyed it, though, it just didn't feel right being in the world of Skyrim.

Many people I've known who have played shooter games themed in WWII didn't just play the games because they're shooters, they played them because it was a WWII game. I do like the idea how being able to make a custom character that can change from side to side, but I can see how for some having a black female nazi could actually break immersion. Sure, one could argue that a 10yo screaming on his mic also breaks immersion, but you can turn that off.

Personally, I don't care if they do this since I just don't play COD at all, but if I did want to play a WWII shooter, I would want it to be lore-friendly. So for that reason, if I ever get that itch, I know this isn't the game for me.

I'm the same way. And like you, I don't give a crap what COD does because it's not really a simulator, anyway. COD2 (WWII) was super fun and pretty "lore friendly" but it just got all action movie after that one. I can't stand shooters for the most part, anyway (although Planetside was awesome if that counts).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join