It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will cell phones have serious consequences?.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: RisenMessiah

Well worth a look the damage to sperm is established, I think in the experiment the damage was three times the limit to the controls, and in the memory test on rats it took them three times as long to find food. I also notice legal disclaimers are out saying if a cell phone is in your pocket your getting too higher dose. So pregnant females be aware.

kids under the age of 18 should not have cell phones, that is the truth

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

No, they weren't

Submitted by John M. Osepchuk

In 2012, some respected colleagues referred to a ban on the sale of microwave ovens in the old USSR. I believe this is not true and in the following I present ample evidence supporting my belief. I have been intimately involved with microwave ovens since 1968 and I have in my extensive historical coverage[1][2] of the field cited evidence of development of microwave ovens in the USSR in the 1970’s , including a brochure on “A superhigh-frequency oven” in 1971, an ad for the “Electronika” oven in 1980 and discussions with Soviet scientists on ovens in 1977. But the evidence is even much more extensive and so I present here a record of the many events that support the idea that microwave ovens never were banned in the USSR. (The rumor about such a ban was generated among anti-microwave persons and Internet sites.

edit on 17/6/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I'm not too sure about the health risks but these things sure have reshaped our entire world as far as communication; external and internal stimuli, not to mention the behavioral aspects.

Have a problem or feel bad when your text or email isn't answered knowing full well that person is available and purposely ignoring you?

What about the impact of repetitive checking of the device...up to 150 times a day for most young people and business folks?

Or how about separation anxiety from your device? The worry of not being able to charge your device?

When it comes to these phones, ask yourself, "Who's your daddy?"

edit on E30America/ChicagoSat, 17 Jun 2017 06:58:48 -05006amSaturdayth06am by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

We all know pollution is a killer, but considering cancer rates are not going down is this a valid reason for concern.
We've exposed animals to high levels of microwave radiation to test the effects and found there are dangers to high levels of exposure, which are considered in the exposure limits for cell towers and for microwave ovens.

If people were getting cataracts that would be the first symptom I'd expect to see from excessive exposure to microwaves, which is documented here:

Cataracts induced by microwave and ionizing radiation.

Microwaves most commonly cause anterior and/or posterior subcapsular lenticular opacities in experimental animals and, as shown in epidemiologic studies and case reports, in human subjects. The formation of cataracts seems to be related directly to the power of the microwave and the duration of exposure.
I think this was first noticed many decades ago when human radar technicians working close to intense microwave sources developed cataracts prematurely.

From what I've been able to gather the eye tissue is particularly susceptible to the effects of excessive microwave radiation. I have yet to see validations of these claims of other maladies like cancer supposedly associated with microwaves, and I think they are dubious claims.

Note in the video there is a sign posted that exposure limits to radiation might be exceeded if you go past this point, and what does the guy do? He goes past that point so of course it's not completely safe in that region when there is a sign posted saying it's not safe, duh. You could also ignore the warning on an electrical panel that there's lethal high voltage inside and electrocute yourself by opening the panel...the point being don't ignore the warning sign and then complain about what happens when you do.

Exposure limits are set for a reason and are based on at least some research on the effects of radiation on humans and animals. Anecdotes like that in the video are completely meaningless. What might be meaningful if one wanted to establish correlation between cancer rates and cell towers would be to do a large-scale study of say 1000 or 10,000 people living at various distances from cell towers and see if there is correlation of distance versus cancer rate, but that's not what we are seeing here.

Here is what the American Cancer Society says about the dangers of cell towers:

Do cellular phone towers cause cancer?

Some people have expressed concern that living, working, or going to school near a cell phone tower might increase the risk of cancer or other health problems. At this time, there is very little evidence to support this idea. In theory, there are some important points that would argue against cellular phone towers being able to cause cancer.

First, the energy level of radiofrequency (RF) waves is relatively low, especially when compared with the types of radiation that are known to increase cancer risk, such as gamma rays, x-rays, and ultraviolet (UV) light. The energy of RF waves given off by cell phone towers is not enough to break chemical bonds in DNA molecules, which is how these stronger forms of radiation may lead to cancer.

A second issue has to do with wavelength. RF waves have long wavelengths, which can only be concentrated to about an inch or two in size. This makes it unlikely that the energy from RF waves could be concentrated enough to affect individual cells in the body.

Third, even if RF waves were somehow able to affect cells in the body at higher doses, the level of RF waves present at ground level is very low – well below the recommended limits. Levels of energy from RF waves near cell phone towers are not significantly different from the background levels of RF radiation in urban areas from other sources, such as radio and television broadcast stations.

edit on 2017617 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: musicismagic

No, they weren't

Submitted by John M. Osepchuk

In 2012, some respected colleagues referred to a ban on the sale of microwave ovens in the old USSR. I believe this is not true and in the following I present ample evidence supporting my belief. I have been intimately involved with microwave ovens since 1968 and I have in my extensive historical coverage[1][2] of the field cited evidence of development of microwave ovens in the USSR in the 1970’s , including a brochure on “A superhigh-frequency oven” in 1971, an ad for the “Electronika” oven in 1980 and discussions with Soviet scientists on ovens in 1977. But the evidence is even much more extensive and so I present here a record of the many events that support the idea that microwave ovens never were banned in the USSR. (The rumor about such a ban was generated among anti-microwave persons and Internet sites.

I don't know, my good friend in Soviet Union says that it is still impossible to buy one?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho
a reply to: solve

Oh no its god and angels and #. Cuz high frequency blah blah gotta raise dem vibraties

Do you even new age bra, frying your brain with hf square waves is good for the soul

Bras have not changed a lot since they were first invented.

Are you saying there are new bras that prevent radiation? Damn it, the women will take over the world and it will be death by snoo snoo for us hermits..

We need George Costanza's dad more than ever with his manbra !!

Serenity Now !!!!!111

edit on 17/6/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

a reply to: clodbuster

Theirs a simple way to check. How often do you see birds sitting on these things? and are they close to government buildings ?

Yes, they do put them on government buildings, but they usually put them quite high and hide them, particularly if it is a heritage building. There is definitely good cell phone coverage in the US capital, so there must be towers.

Google images of birds on cell towers.

XL5

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
They do sell microwaves in Russia. Just find the Walmart equivalent in Russia and look for microwaves.

www.auchan.ru...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

What you are looking at is the same exact financial to legal risk model as the Cigarette industry once played, there argument for that and for this will remain that evidence of damage caused by Cell Phone's is circumstantial and inconclusive yet the truth is that they DO cause harm.

For many years around the world police used always on radio set's on there belt's and a higher incidence of police and former police suffering from a distinct increase in pancreatic and other form's of lower abdomen cancers has been noted in some older studies but of course were earlier form's of wireless communication devices which used far more powerful transceivers and so exposed that localized region of there wearers body's to more radiation over time and at a much higher strength than most modern cell phone's do, there towers were usually much further away and most were UHF rather than microwave but a similar principle remains in place though microwave may be even more hazardous than the lower frequency's are.

Cell phone use has already been linked to a higher rate of brain tumors bout of course once again the Argument Circumstantial and inconclusive is used.

It is not a matter of Will they be faced with legal suit's but a matter of when and the cost to profit motivation remain's in place, people do not want to go back to phone booth's and are now dependent upon there hardware for not only communication's but for there entire social life.

So like any addict society is addicted to this form of communication.

In the future more safe and less potentially harmful form's may take it's place but for now this is the way it is whether we like it or not.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I don't think society is going in the right direction. These signals interact with brain function, a lot of evidence shows this. Same with the signals from the wireless routers we use. I don't use a cell phone much anymore, but I do use a cordless phone and these also give off bad frequencies. Just talking a lot on a regular corded phone interupts our brain function temporarily. But the frequency emitted from the magnet is not quite as bad.

A little of this occasionally is harmless to us, but the problem is these frequencies are all over, the only way to get away from them is to go into the woods for a while. Trees absorb this and can protect us somewhat. From extensive studying on this I have concluded cell phone technology can be a threat to people's health. Even if you do not use one and live next to a tower. This is my conclusion from reading a lot of research. Some research shows no correlation yet it includes disclaimers meaning it excludes some of the evidence that is being used by others to question the safety of this technology.

It is ultimately your choice if you want to use a cell phone. The towers are a problem, but add the signals transmitted from the cell phone or cordless phone in your house and you compound the issue. You need to look at the whole issue.

There are ways to help protect us. Our bodies make a natural insulation that can buffer this signal. It is the fat in the skin and the fat cells themselves that buffer this. Also, certain food chemistries that can dampen the effect can be used to muffle the signal so it does not effect us as bad. I would have to evaluate something that would be put on our skin to figure if it worked, makeup probably does not work. Jello contains amino acids and glucosamine and chemistry that might help to build the skin to protect us, it also builds finger nails and helps with cartilage. Foods that bring more moisture out to the skin, increasing circulation, might have a negative effect. But this last sentence is speculation, I do not know for sure, I am only guessing. The bigger someone's aura, the more open their ability to have it interact with these signals too, it goes two ways. I really do not know what an aura really is, it is some kind of energy field that allows us to sense the environment I suppose. It is not the magical thing that some people think it is.

It is nearly impossible to get away from all these signals now, Obama expanded the wireless network. I think this was the wrong thing to do myself. With these signals interacting with our minds we won't be able to think correctly I suppose so we need to look everything up with google now. Our society is getting more and more dependent on these things, we cannot think on our own anymore. That makes us more dependent on society to survive. It also increases our chances of not being able to survive if there is a major war or solar event, people believe that everything is secure so nobody was listening to concerns of their parents or grandparents years ago and this has ballooned into a risk of people being totally dependent on our government and society. Some people are now seeing this and relearning the old ways here and learning to take care of livestock and grow things. This is getting bigger around here now, people are starting to see a need to learn about farming again and making our communities less reliant on the rest of the country.

Cell phone technology and wireless technology are just a couple of nails in our coffin. Remember, the nails that close the lid are the important ones. These signals are the nails that build the coffin, not secure the lid.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So, looking on www.cancer.org, there is an article which has some interesting facts.

Cell phones communicate with nearby cell towers mainly through radiofrequency (RF) waves, a form of energy in the electromagnetic spectrum between FM radio waves and microwaves. Like FM radio waves, microwaves, visible light, and heat, they are forms of non-ionizing radiation. This means they do not directly damage the DNA inside cells, which is how stronger (ionizing) types of radiation such as x-rays, gamma rays, and ultraviolet (UV) light are thought to be able to cause cancer.

It goes on to say :

One study looked for signs of DNA and cell damage in blood cells as a possible indicator of cancer-causing potential. They found that the damage was no worse in people who lived near a cell phone tower as compared with those didn’t.

The amount of exposure from living near a cell phone tower is typically many times lower than the exposure from using a cell phone. About 30 studies have looked at possible links between cell phone use and tumors in people. Most studies to date have not found a link between cell phone use and the development of tumors, although these studies have had some important limitations.

I'm sure many on here will scoff and laugh at such a useless, crap, shill site called "cancer.org" -- I mean, what sort of authority would they have, right?

..rolling eyes....

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

High power-lines (like crosses) are now accepted as causing birth defects and cancer(s) from homes being in close proximity to them.

How people buy these new homes directly UNDER and backed up to them...I dont know. The Electromagnetic energy generated is intense...and I see new subdivisions going up all around them, all the time.

Cell phones, cable-dish companies all using these....Im sure there are issues already, only to get worse.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Royal Rife machine enough said. The Cancer Society would lose money if a cure was found so keep trusting in them. Theyve made billions off of never finding a cure and kemo therapy is a joke.
edit on 17-6-2017 by KarmasBiatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Is it true that in Russia one can not buy a micro wave oven? I heard they are band there.

They used to be banned, not for any health reasons but rather political ones. Back when they were the USSR, the Soviets didn't want to acknowledge western inventions and therefore wouldn't sell them. After the fall of the Soviet Union they hit the market. It was only about 3-4 years ago that Cuba began selling them, for similar reasons... politics and controlling the populace. Markets have a very moderating effect on governments and as a result, banning products tends to happen a lot in oppressive regimes. I'm pretty sure they're still banned in NK. At some point they were most likely banned in China as well, though I'm pretty sure that's not the case anymore.

-----------------------------
Edit: On topic. Cell phone signals are safe, if there were a danger from them we would have also seen it from wifi, similarly we also would have seen it in the very high powered radio transmitters we've had for 100 years now as they all operate on the same radio signals.
edit on 17-6-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KarmasBiatch

I do trust them. I don't trust you. You're a liar.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have a laptop next to the bed I use, to listen to right wing podcasts or watch a racist YT vid, knocks me right out.

Anyway, the wife complains about the wifi being bad and messing up her ability to sleep.

I tell her the wifi is in the room whether the laptop is on or not.

Any studies on wifi? Is it different?

My cousin died from a massive brain tumor in hospital while being treated for leukemia, in the 80's.

He lived on one of the early cell phones. He had a trucking company and that's what he'd use for contact with the drivers and everyone else.

They never blamed it on that but in hindsight....

No family history of cancer, he was 35.

edit on 6 17 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If you boycott cellphones they will take down the towers. But lets be honest you people don't really believe any of this. If you did you wouldn't be posting here from your phone like half of you are and you wouldn't even own a cell phone in the first place..

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

a reply to: RisenMessiah

Well worth a look the damage to sperm is established, I think in the experiment the damage was three times the limit to the controls, and in the memory test on rats it took them three times as long to find food. I also notice legal disclaimers are out saying if a cell phone is in your pocket your getting too higher dose. So pregnant females be aware.

That's another big problem being overlooked by the average citizen using these devices. I find it amazing that few people are questioning just how many postive ions are being infiltrated into society,astronomical speaking. As one person here stated, you can't see all of these towers some are hidden. I've even seen towers cloaked to look like Trees.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think it'd be highly unlikely for microwave & other low frequency radiation to actually cause any major disruptions to cellular mechanims (eg. cancer). Below heating range that is (safety limit in many western countries?), go above that and you'll surely have other things to worry about than latent genetic damage...

That said, however, you'll find that many countries will regulate max RF power Well below the heating range, as a precaution against possible unknown effects. This is wise and honest, and lends actual credence to EMR safety concerns, which as we know, are usually quickly dismissed as fringe by the majority. The fact is that at the moment, no person or institution is qualified to give a definitive answer either way. We just don't know enough about [our] biology yet.

Knowing that our nerves rely on electric means of communication, "magnetic" repulsion to be (relatively) accurate; I personally find it entirely appropriate to have concerns about things which might cause interference to these mechanisms. No matter how negligible the observable physiological effects are, chronic exposure to EM fields is an area where current science simply can not provide conclusive data. Anyone claiming otherwise, is lying. Possible implications might include, for example, the exponential climb in occurrence of many mental illness'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join