It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would one prove Tarot Card Readings have validity?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's pretty difficult because Tarot card readings rely a lot on individual interpretation of purposely ambiguous symbols.

I suppose one way to do it is to do a kind of double-blind test, where you do a blind reading using the cards and have no contact at all with the person you're doing the reading for, and then you do another reading where don't use the cards and just "predict" random stuff happening. Then after time has passed, you compare the two and see which one was the most accurate.

Again, however, because the interpretation is subjective, you're going to run into problems with confirmation bias and stuff like that.

From my experience, Tarot is a kind of counseling session where the cards are used to introduce new ideas or a new way of looking at a problem. Because it's interactive, there's a lot of give-and-take between the reader and the subject which is then interpreted and actualized by the person in some way, hopefully for the better.

If it wasn't, then multiple, independent Tarot card readers would all give the same reading to the same person about the same problems.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just because the readings are subjective doesn't necessarily mean they have no value. Our entire economy and political system is based on making judgments based in very large on how people feel about or interpret what a politician or stock is going to do. There is a weak attempt to gather objective information, but for the most part how a person goes through their day and reacts to things is based a lot more on subjective feelings than objective information.

I think Tarot is an interesting tool to try and quantify and define those subjective impressions, which can be useful in helping a subject decide what to do. Of course, it may not be the right decision, but it might be right for them, subjectively, and sometimes that's all that matters.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I honestly don't know how one would prove Tarot works as a divination tool,
unless it is through a personal reading with beyond doubt personal proof such as telling a person what the next few big events are in their lives and then watching it play out.

I've read tarot for many years, and have seen them work and seen them fail.
Most of the time it is actually the reader who is just channeling their own psychic abilities through the cards.
So really what you want to prove is that the reader is psychic
before proving that the cards work.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hmmmm...ok, for the sake of the argument here, I downloaded a tarot app and thought of someone that was/could still be most significant in my life...based upon what has transpired within the last month. I was skeptical due to this reading would be 100% digital and not a -true 'hands on spread.

I kept her in my mind as I shuffled and cut the deck as I felt as many times as I had felt that was needed...i shuffled 3x, cut the deck twice and shuffled one (1) more time and let the app draw the cards.

I requested the Celtic cross spread to get as much information as I needed.

When the cards came up, I literally gasped when I saw them, it was as if her life within the last month was on display in a picture which described 100% of our relationship to this day-!!!

I took a screenshot but I'm on a android mobile and so not sure how to upload the pic.

Conclusions...is their validity in the cards? For me, 100% even though I don't understand how it works being a mobile app....but it works.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BStoltman

I’ve tested a whole bunch of websites and in general, I felt let down. On Evatarot.net, it’s different as you get a complete reading and the interface is much better thought out. It’s really worthwhile to get a reading every day, because it’s a way of thinking about what tomorrow has in store, to think about your problems and to get to grips with their essence.

Emily

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emily714

I’ve tested a whole bunch of websites and in general, I felt let down. On Evatarot.net, it’s different as you get a complete reading and the interface is much better thought out. It’s really worthwhile to get a reading every day, because it’s a way of thinking about what tomorrow has in store, to think about your problems and to get to grips with their essence.

Emily

Wow!! Totally shocked!!

I'm speechless...literly..

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Gummy bear oracle.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

How would one prove Tarot Card Readings have validity?

Ask a daemon. Its amazing how informative they can be sometimes.

Hell, they are so Mr/Mrs Helpful, they can set up a link with a Tarot card reader on another continent.

Here is how it all works.

1) Caller sets up live chat with card reader in another country.
2) Reader has all cards face down on table in front of them.
3) Little demon on callers shoulder is in instant commune with little demon on readers shoulder.
4) Caller demon relays life story to reader demon.
5) Sneaky reader demon knows where all face down cards are.
6) Reader says to caller 'stop my hand at anytime as it drifts over the cards'.
7) Reader demon says to caller demon, 'suggest to him now to stop readers hand'. Caller says stop.
8) Reader turns and describes the card.
9) Caller reacts in shock saying 'wow that is totally amazing'.
10) With the WOW moment, the caller demon can decide the fate of its host by stating what card the reader must turn for the caller's future.

This is where its either life or death as a bad card can make the caller think suicidal thoughts. Demons are nasty 99% of the time.

It only works when both caller and reader are possessed as I once found out. And hell, the spirit world knows literally everything about you.
edit on 11-9-2017 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

My choosen form of divination is not Tarot (its Ogam).... sad to say, it is all about belief. You will either believe the reading to be accurate and valid OR you will not and be skeptical. You can't prove it. To do so would take thousands of readings, and statistical analysis, with an idea of what you are correlating. Thus you need to know what your cause of the readings being valid is, then quantify it, then measure its effect. OR you can just believe.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So I've had a psychic tell me things that she shouldn't have known and predicted the future in a couple of ways.

It was too much to be all coincidence, but not enough to have scientific validity.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yep. I've done similar things with my Ogam ... scientifically (and I am a scientist) I can't explain it. I think my answer to this is "accept it, be happy it works on occasion, move on".

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
sleep with the cards under your pillow for seven days and learn how to do it yourself

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I read the same way. For me though, what the book says the cards mean, doesn't usually work for me. I have a few decks I've used for years. I don't let people tell me anything about themselves or what they want to know. I just go with what I "feel" from the cards.

I also find that I will not remember what I tell people a week later, unless I take notes right after. I figure the info isn't for me, for them.

I read one time for a stranger, that lit a fire under her rear, that lead to her finding out her baby girl was deaf in one ear, and she got the help she needed.

So I don't really care if others believe. I do.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

You do not need to sleep with the cards even. Just buy a set, and play with them OR try another diviniation style (Runes, Ogam, coin flipping etc)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

definately sleep with them under your pillow, pray with them as well(not to them)

ask god to use then as a tool to guide you, or ask the universe to guide you through the cards whatever lexicon you choose to use to explain god to yourself
edit on 11-9-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Sorry no. Speaking as a Pagan Polytheist. No, just use them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join