It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would one prove Tarot Card Readings have validity?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's pretty difficult because Tarot card readings rely a lot on individual interpretation of purposely ambiguous symbols.

I suppose one way to do it is to do a kind of double-blind test, where you do a blind reading using the cards and have no contact at all with the person you're doing the reading for, and then you do another reading where don't use the cards and just "predict" random stuff happening. Then after time has passed, you compare the two and see which one was the most accurate.

Again, however, because the interpretation is subjective, you're going to run into problems with confirmation bias and stuff like that.

From my experience, Tarot is a kind of counseling session where the cards are used to introduce new ideas or a new way of looking at a problem. Because it's interactive, there's a lot of give-and-take between the reader and the subject which is then interpreted and actualized by the person in some way, hopefully for the better.

If it wasn't, then multiple, independent Tarot card readers would all give the same reading to the same person about the same problems.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just because the readings are subjective doesn't necessarily mean they have no value. Our entire economy and political system is based on making judgments based in very large on how people feel about or interpret what a politician or stock is going to do. There is a weak attempt to gather objective information, but for the most part how a person goes through their day and reacts to things is based a lot more on subjective feelings than objective information.

I think Tarot is an interesting tool to try and quantify and define those subjective impressions, which can be useful in helping a subject decide what to do. Of course, it may not be the right decision, but it might be right for them, subjectively, and sometimes that's all that matters.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I honestly don't know how one would prove Tarot works as a divination tool,
unless it is through a personal reading with beyond doubt personal proof such as telling a person what the next few big events are in their lives and then watching it play out.

I've read tarot for many years, and have seen them work and seen them fail.
Most of the time it is actually the reader who is just channeling their own psychic abilities through the cards.
So really what you want to prove is that the reader is psychic
before proving that the cards work.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join