It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mothman Flap In Chicago

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WHWIV
a reply to: TzarChasm

Because one is an unexpected, abnormal, and sudden event often lasting seconds and the other is a premeditated action defined entirely by forethought and self-prediction.

Next time you are about to be in a car accident, be sure to film it.

its not always unexpected and not always brief. some people just dont have what it takes to make reporting unusual activity worthwhile. such as those who go out of their way to find something worth recording and blank out or split the second they find it. mothman is only one example of people failing to document an event but not failing to share their experience in a thoroughly unconvincing manner.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That's why I used the word often, and not always. I agree if you are on some ghost hunt and run into something interesting you should be ready to record it, but this recent mothman flap seems to be just regular people going about the mundane actions of life when something wholly weird happens.

When someone declares they are out trying to catch video of it then fails to produce anything after the supposed expected encounter, then you can dog pile.

ETA: I'm not saying that it's a real happening, just defending against the idea that everyone is always ready to record everything. It's an absurd notion.
edit on 17-6-2017 by WHWIV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
We should all practice the rapid deployment of phone camera skills daily to ensure we are able to record everything for everyone else.

I wouldn't bother trying to photograph, by the time my phone recognised my thumb, opened the home screen, I found the camer icon, pointed it at the moth man he would have gone anyway, unless the harbinger of doom liked to pose for photos.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

Interesting. Time will tell, if something happens or not. If these things do actually come around before some tragic event, as was speculated in the original case, we'll know soon enough. I have an old copy of The Mothman Prophecies, picked up in a local used book sale when I was in high school; interesting reading, to be sure! Not like the movie, really, or even some of the modern claims from locals there.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Aww man.. I wish cellphones and cameras was invented
I am sure there would be lots of pictures of this entity flying around in Chicago.
Ohh well

Sometimes, people do catch a picture of something odd.

WTC pic, in this case, but still...

Not all events are conducive to getting a good picture. I can't even tell you how many times I've wanted a pic of a raccoon, or a deer, or something of the sort, and wasn't able to get the camera open and aimed in time.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Mothman in Chicago?...They aught to send him to the hood maybe he'd or it would clean up all the crime and stop the shootings

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I found this quote from the alledged expert unsettling:

"The way the dates are falling, I am going to guess that the next sighting will be either on June 14th or 18th. It could be a feeding pattern…"

What exactly does it feed on? lol If I lived in the area, I think I'd stay at home.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Trump is about to pull the plug on the Sanctuary City Chicago. Mothman Sighting = Bad Omen. When he does it there will be mass Protests.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

LOL!!! Or mothman would get shot and we would fimally have a specimen lmao!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Aww man.. I wish cellphones and cameras was invented
I am sure there would be lots of pictures of this entity flying around in Chicago.
Ohh well

While I think the story may be much ado about nothing, I think it's ridiculous to think someone would have a camera on their person at all while walking around.. who has a camera now except a person for whom photography is their hobby? As far as cellphones go, I don't think most people would be experts at immediately snapping off a photo in the 10 or so seconds of a weird sighting. You are thinking in ATS terms. People here would probably picture first.. experience later. Most people would be mesmerized or perhaps terrified, and the last thing on their mind, would be that they need to produce proof of their brief sighting.

I find it ridiculous with UFO sightings, and I find it ridiculous here. As an example - over a major city in China with a population of over 15 million people, a satellite burning up on re-entry startled thousands during morning rush hour was reported bunch a -lot- of people. Videos produced? Three. And if you think about many meteorite or other amazing sightings, they are seen by hundreds or thousands, but the video captures were usually by dash-cams or security video. Those happened.. just because someone didn't think to film it in a moments notice doesn't mean it did not happen.
edit on 21-6-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The original mothman "tragedy" happened 13mo following the original sightings. If it's indeed a warning, then perhaps the "event" is 13mo out.

That is assuming it's not staged as a means of advertising the documentary.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I found the original story interesting though I don't think it's more than fiction.
If some tragedy befalls Chicago soon I guess we can revisit this.

The connection between the Mothman and disasters is purely circumstantial. Because of the uncertainty of this association, being based upon only one instance (bridge collapse), it cannot be regarded as a signature of the authenticity of the phenomenon being reported around Chicago. If by "fiction" you mean hoax, this seems highly implausible, given the number of the original, independent sightings. Misidentification is more plausible and cannot be ruled out in some cases, although in others, it is unlikely.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Is there any chance the mothmen might be secret red indian people who have remained hidden from the western world and occasionally appear? Was thinking the same with the Sasxwatch, maybe they are also indians who have to this day remained out of the western world and maintain their age old ways. I've never been to the United States but with lots of wilderness this might be a possibility

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Poor mothman. Hes going to be very busy if the department of scary monsters (dsm) has assigned him chicago. Poor guy wont have a day off. Constantly showing up everywhere in chicago going " sonething that is going to suck is about to happen at this location in 3...2...wait hold on i gotta be at another location two blocks away theres more stuff thats about suck happening. You have fun with this tragety ...gotta go..

Zooms away as random gang shootings start to erupt in a crowd for no sensible reason.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I live in an area where some of the sightings have been reported. The only one that I would suggest is more credible for at least not taking out a phone for a picture or video is the off duty LEO with his kid in Calumet Park, I know that park well, and the field house he's talking about and the tennis fields behind it, he said it did happen fast as he and his kid were walking (if I remember the report correctly) it flew above and over the field house towards the tennis courts.

The one with the people on the boat, I don't remember what time it was for them, but they should have had enough time to record, but if it was late and the skies were dark it probably wouldn't have done much good, cellphone video or pictures won't do much good late on the lake unless it's a distant shot of the skyline or a shot of someone in the boat, anything in between the boat and the skyline would be very difficult. Also, the green light they saw, there's a chance it might have actually been me, I can see the lake from my house and I often point my green laser out towards the lake

People joking about the mothman should go to the hood, I do live in the hood, area used to be nice, once the steel mills shut down (reason why I can see the lake now from my place, they tore them down) the local economy tanked.

I have been on the look out, and every now and then I do take a drive through the park where the one sighting happened. I don't believe I'll see anything, let alone be able to stop and detach my phone from my dash-mount phone cradle in time to catch anything. However, if I somehow do manage to get something, even if it's probably just some sort of crane flying (heard Sandhill Cranes are frequenting Chicago more these days....maybe that's what it is, or that's what the "explanation" will be), I'll report back here lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

I still liked the movie.
I don't take it as real or even based on reality.
But it was still a really good story.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
dear god... please tell me you don't seriously think that photo is legit....

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

no. no, there is no chance of that. because that is extremely stupid. You know that Native Americans, which for some odd reason you refer to as "red indians," still exist, right? And that they are completely normal people? None of them have wings, or are 8 feet tall and covered in fur? what the hell are you even talking about? Secret red Indian people? good lord....

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I give up. What are we supposed to be seeing in that pic?
(please don't say the bird, please don't say the bird, please don't say the bird)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
what is it about paranormal or otherworldly phenomena that makes a person forget to take a photo or capture some video? the same people taking amusing selfies literally every day somehow miss an opportunity to expose urban myths with their fancy iphone technology. its an odd pattern that frustrates me.

It's like being awestruck. Last night I was listening to George Carlin on my phone while walking my dog. I saw, in the field behind my house, a pulsating light through the trees. I watched it for about 10 minutes before it moved south and out of sight. I never even once tried to use my camera.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join