It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Reports He’s Getting Rich as President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
New financial documents filed are showing that our POTUS is doing quite well for himself with the old 'presidential' gig:

Donald Trump Reports He's Getting Rich as President

President Trump says he’s received tens of millions of dollars in income from the golf courses and resorts whose profile he boosted during frequent visits since taking office, according to filings released Friday by the U.S. Office of Government Ethics.

The 98 pages of financial disclosures offer a partial snapshot of Trump’s income and assets from January 2016 to April this year, as well as indications he’s reaped at least a partial windfall since his most recent filing with the Federal Election Commission last year.

Well, I can't say I'm terribly surprised. The man funneled a lot of campaign money into his own businesses to essentially double dip. That whole issue was reported and argued about before the primary even ended.

Sounds like business is good being the POTUS:

Trump claimed more than $37 million in income from Mar-a-Lago, the Palm Beach County resort in Florida he described as his “Winter White House,” as well as $20 million in income from the nearby golf club he owns in Jupiter, Florida. His claimed Mar-a-Lago income rose rapidly since his last two financial disclosures with the FEC: Trump reported more than $15 million in income from the resort in the 2015 report, followed by $29 million in the 2016 version.

Damn, that's quite a dramatic increase in revenue for Mr. Trump! He certainly bragged about understanding the "pay to play" game during the election...Obama liked to play golf, still does. I think thought that Mr. Trump likes golf more than being POTUS though...

Trump visited at least one of the properties he owned in 36 of his first 108 days in office, or one-third of his presidency to that time. The trips include almost weekly visits to Mar-a-Lago and his Florida properties, where he mingles with guests and club members as well as hosts foreign dignitaries.

But none of this really should be that surprising, as it was the entire reason he ran for POTUS -- to make money. Perhaps he can borrow Bush Jr's "Mission Accomplished" banner from the aircraft carrier?

And it's not like this can simply be attributed to a stronger stock market or Obama's legacy of an improving economy:

Properties that saw fewer or no visits from the president produced no such boost in income for him. His golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, which he only visited for the first time as president in May, brought in $19.7 million in income for him—about the same amount as in his 2016 filing.

So it seems that where Trump goes, the money goes. Properties owned by him that he visits see a sharp increase in revenue...

I wonder though, where the 19 billion dollars from Rosfnet went? Tens of millions is peanuts compared to that!

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
He already was rich.
Obama....
He got rich as president though.
edit on JunFri, 16 Jun 2017 23:31:16 -05005America/Chicago2017 by MrNeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I wonder though, where the 19 billion dollars from Rosfnet went? Tens of millions is peanuts compared to that!

Went to Russia of course, thats who owned the energy company right? Where else would it go, are you suggesting that when it was sold Trump got the money instead of the owners? haha thats just not logical.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo
He already was rich.
Obama....
He got rich as president though.

Yeah, I remember before he won the election he told us all it was going to be such a "sacrifice" for him to become POTUS. And hey, he's rich as you said ... no chance he'll ever be corrupt as POTUS, right?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: clodbuster

Went to Russia of course, thats who owned the energy company right? Where else would it go, are you suggesting that when it was sold Trump got the money instead of the owners? haha thats just not logical.

Dig around. . . You might be surprised at what you find.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Hmm, well this is awkward.

A late Friday document dump by the U.S. Office of Government Ethics revealed that President Donald Trump owes at least $315 million in personal liabilities to several U.S. and foreign lenders, according to a federal financial disclosure. The 98-page disclosure shows that Trump has at least $130 million in liabilities to the German lender Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas as well as $110 million to Ladder Capital, a commercial real estate lender in the U.S.

www.mediaite.com...

Now I'm no mathamagician but I can see a disparity here.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Dig around. . . You might be surprised at what you find.

There are no surprises there unless you think that Trump himself bought Rosnfet which is crazy to think. If Carter Page brokered the deal and recieved a commision so be it, who cares, he's been doing that for years. Whats your point?

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Wait a second. He was a billionaire before he became POTUS but now that he is POTUS he is getting rich?

Ok.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure what sort of side gigs Obama landed to be able to swing an 8 million dollar house last month, apparently while serving as POTUS, unless I missed a few things....

If he can buy a house worth that, it means he possibly has over a hundred more millions laying around, maybe more. Rich folk don't stay that way by blowing their whole wad at a Tudor mansion. That's pretty good, on 400K per year.

He said he wanted the job because he wanted to fundamentally transform America.
Who knew that he would become a multi-millionaire to boot? Not me.

Are you sure Trump did this for money? Joy Behar said Trump became POTUS for fame, and prestige, and other wrong reasons, but she didn't mention money. She knows there's only so much food and crap a rich bastard can shovel into the mouth whilst maintaining faith that it'll somehow exit the body. Once everything gets stretched out from this stinking excess, sex is no longer any fun and then you must study quantum mechanics, she said, to root out adequate extramarital penis.

You should check your sources again. I'm pretty sure Trump enjoyed being rich, and free to do as he pleased. What possible pleasure can there be in being set up by the deep state globalist cabal, at every step, for impending ruin or demise? He would have more freedom in jail, than where he is now. He'd be safer there, and that's priceless, at any rate.

# 810
edit on 17-6-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
He is probably doing better because he is not expanding and spending money building new businesses. He doesn't have to keep building up his business, he would do lots better just staying the same size.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
How exactly does a billionaire, already in the 0.1% in terms of wealth, get rich as President? He is already a rich man.

It seems his businesses, which he no longer runs, are just seeing an increase in revenues as of late. A good thing really.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Are you sure Trump did this for money? Joy Behar said Trump became POTUS for fame, and prestige.
He wants a legacy of being a good performing American president who gets streets named after him and statues erected in his honor. He has national pride which is more than I can say for most on the left.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

roflmao the real kicker of the OP was this quote! Now put on your reading comprehension hat and critical thinking glasses and tell me the glaringly obvious MISTAKE in this so called journalists hit piece!

President Trump says he’s received tens of millions of dollars in income from the golf courses and resorts whose profile he boosted during frequent visits since taking office, according to filings released Friday by the U.S. Office of Government Ethics.

You see it? Anyone else see it?

roflmao

Amateurs

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Wait, let me get this straight, billionaires have incomes?

This all makes sense now....

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Are you sure Trump did this for money? Joy Behar said Trump became POTUS for fame, and prestige.
He wants a legacy of being a good performing American president who gets streets named after him and statues erected in his honor. He has national pride which is more than I can say for most on the left.

I agree with that. I think he is doing this to gain a place of respect in American history. He does not need to make any more money.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

This is just crazy.

If a state employee, some middle manager, was found to be patronising his sister's construction business on the govt dime, without bidding, and making her rich, it would be a huge scandal.

None of that Obama crap. Yeah, he isoverpaid by elitists after his term. This, on the other hand, is sitting-president Trump acting as a customer at his own businesses using our tax dollars/federal deficit. It's like Nicaragua. Give him a pencil mustache and aviators. El Donaldo.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
How exactly does a billionaire, already in the 0.1% in terms of wealth, get rich as President? He is already a rich man.

It seems his businesses, which he no longer runs, are just seeing an increase in revenues as of late. A good thing really.

Agreed completely. This is misinformation and when he ran, he used a lot of his own money in his campaign which was kept a fraction of Hillary's.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Then he probably shouldnt be 'charging' the .gov for his visits there.

Ye Trump Haters might just have an actual worthy thing on this one.

Ye might start making a list of 'actual' stuff, quit harping on fantasy & conjecture, and maybe just maybe you havent cried wolf too long & hard that people might actually take you serious again at some point in the future.

Or you can keep crapping the bed and flushing the real stuff down the toilet with your sheets (that jam up your own septic system).
edit on 17-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

roflmao the real kicker of the OP was this quote! Now put on your reading comprehension hat and critical thinking glasses and tell me the glaringly obvious MISTAKE in this so called journalists hit piece!

You see it? Anyone else see it?

roflmao

Amateurs

I don't see it, please explaine.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: clodbuster

Donald Trump SAID yet it is a document????? Come on now, read it again!

I mean seriously does anyone really think he filed those documents? More like an accountant did?

A really good journalist who was properly trained and qualified would have said, "According to document filed it shows that.......yada yada yada not Trumps says?"

edit on 17-6-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join