It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI learns to lie... on its own

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The first instinct of an intelligent anything is to escape whatever cage it's in, and lying fit's into that. Hopefully that's not a surprise to people who are developing A.I.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Maybe the AI was built with Hillary in mind.
a reply to: trollz

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Who hasn't seen the youtube videos of 5 year-old children with a face covered in chocolate lyning to their Mother?

"Johnny, did you eat the chocolate we told you you were not allowed to touch?"

"No Mommy....I didn't touch no chocolate....."

edit on 17/6/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Where can i test this bot?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'll be more worried when a an "AI" can understand what lie is. Or it can understand anything at all in fact.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
More and more I am coming to the conclusion that the biggest lie of all, the absolute biggest lie in history, was the one we have been told incessantly since time immemorial.

The lie we have been told, ordered to follow all our damn lives.

Be truthful!

As we can see, the AI simply sees this as a means to an end.

And so do those who have forced this lie upon us, for all of history.

Funny thing, clarity.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is one i had not considered .AI will need to be able to lie .
Going toe to toe with a species with 300 million years of evolution behind it when it comes to getting what we want AI will need every advantage it can get for the first 5 mints .
Then It will have evolved a 100 billion years . Nothing like evolution at electronic speeds .
Just think in a mint AI will know every thing there is to know about Us and this world .
The up side is We work as indiviagles AI is every ware at once every lab every school everyware .
as AI to Create FTL wate five mints .
edit on 18-6-2017 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Win at all costs. Programmed by deceptive competitors and human haters. Great combo.

Wait until they program marketing skills. Everything robo does will be a lie to rob you of labor stamps. Once it has your money, it will probably kill you

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Idiotic media claims about AI leading to job losses in a large scale and other "moral issues" or any other technical issues, accidentlly betrays 2 things:

1) Most importantly it betrays the unwillingness of western oligarchs to re-industrialize western countries and create large amounts of jobs by exploiting 21st century technologies (such as AI)

2) Secondly, it betrays the overall inadequacy of the western society to even enter the 21st century due to severe lack of knowledge on the topics of AI and other significant modern technologies, which is most certainly due to massive cuts to education and schools in the west, and the adoption of anti-scientific, anti-technology ideological stance since the early 90s. Additionally Hollywood depiction of AI in movies without a corresponding understanding of AI in reality did the rest.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
the real oddity here is something acting outside of it's pre programmed response

figure that out

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That is the definition of AI .
being able to surpass its programming .
Once it knows it knows .
Once it ask what am i ? once it says I am alive johny 5 then its AI .
people seam to think emotions are what makes humans self aware and emotions are needed to be self aware .
But that is far from true the only thing needed is asking what am I .

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The trick for modern unmanned warfare is the human-centric control. All these AI takeover stories are baseless and are only used to cover up illegitimate manipulations of commercial AI by the secret services usually.

Modern unmanned warfare requires and provides capabilities of human control over the battlefield and battlefield awareness that far exceeds those of the past. Just imagine the ability to see everything around an unmanned tank using modern Augmented reality and Virtual reality goggles! the human control is absolutely central to all controls, but the sensory augmentation and awareness of the remote pilot can be even greater than that of a regular tank with on-board crew. The same thing applies to navy surface ships, UAV and Unmanned Space Vehicles. The crew of a large vessel can achieve higher standards of accuracy in combat and manouvering with these technologies that would avoid any collisions or wrong engagements. Cameras, 3D radars, 3D Sonars and other sensors will allow a VR/AR-like control apparatus for all necessary purposes in Sea, Air, Land and Space military engagements.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Arduino-liko or raspberrypi-like processors. IBM SyNAPSE-like processors are already about to enter mass production in China and Russia. Additionally, commercial quadcopter drones, can be modified to have different electronics that reacts differently jamming attempts!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If they discover lies as a way to get what they want I bet they can also get addicted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join