It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters INTERRUPT Trump Assassination Play – RUSH STAGE —

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I never forgave him for killing Romeo and Juliette.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I never forgave him for killing Romeo and Juliette.

I never forgave him for becoming a 'classic' that requires translation on the next page.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Pfft... fake news, fake language.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
edit on 18-6-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I must admit to being woefully ignorant of this play, but perhaps someone can help me.

Isn't the entire point that a bunch of people kill caeser (Trump in this version) and it turns out that it solves none of their issues, and only makes things worse.

Wouldn't that mean the point of the play is that this sort of violence is counter productive.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

My pleasure!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

My pleasure!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't understand this guy. Is that Latin he is speaking?

Honestly though that was hilarious.

Like all Shakespeare, it seems that it is complicated.

But I wouldn't take from this that this play is celebrating Trump death, it is more cautioning about the people who conspire against him.

Thats a message as a Trump supporter I would agree with.

Look I think there have been a lot of classless things done and said about Trump, and this may be another example.

But I think people are being hyperbolic in their reaction to it, and I certainly defend their right of free speech to perform it.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

But I think people are being hyperbolic in their reaction to it, and I certainly defend their right of free speech to perform it.

Much ado about nothing. Me thinks the Trumpettes do protest too much!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

But I wouldn't take from this that this play is celebrating Trump death, it is more cautioning about the people who conspire against him. 

I never thought of it that way. Thanks. The Trump fanboys need to take a chill pill.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I never thought of it that way. Thanks. The Trump fanboys need to take a chill pill.

Thats why I dont consider myself a Trump fanboy.

I am a Trump fanMAN!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Bless the slack-jawed protestors' hearts. Shakespeare is challenging and difficult for some to grasp. Next they'll storm a Macbeth production because witches.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Thats why I dont consider myself a Trump fanboy.

I am a Trump fanMAN!

LOL.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So the fact that this has happened before with Obama and GW is news to me; having said that, the depiction of ANY sitting president in that manner is beyond classless and wrong. If I had known about the Obama depiction, I would have been just as vehemently opposed as I am to this one.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I must admit to being woefully ignorant of this play, but perhaps someone can help me.

Isn't the entire point that a bunch of people kill caeser (Trump in this version) and it turns out that it solves none of their issues, and only makes things worse.

Wouldn't that mean the point of the play is that this sort of violence is counter productive.

That may be the case, however, I highly doubt many leftists know, let alone care about, some anti-violence message. They've made it clear they're only interested in blood and guts, and fantasized violence against their president, Donald J. Trump.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You're wasting your breath. The average termite doesn't have the attention span to eat its way through a single 2x4. That's why they join clubs in the first place.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Delta and bank of america has pulled there sponsorship. So I have a feeling this is going to get shut down. Delta gave them 500000 last year. They both said they will no longer support the New York theater.

Here's the statement from delta.

“No matter what your political stance may be, the graphic staging of Julius Caesar at this summer’s Free Shakespeare in the Park does not reflect Delta Air Lines’ values,” a company spokesman said in a statement.

So the free play will have to start charging I guess. Then we can see how many actually support this.

I am actually stunned that BofA pulled out. Nice to see, but still....I know how bad they are!

Should prove interesting, to see how they do without these big donations!!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: xuenchen

BOOM!! Protesters INTERRUPT Trump Assassination Play – RUSH STAGE — Screaming “Goebbels Would Be Proud!” (VIDEO)

I am happy to see few trying to call it out to what this garbage play is.

If any of this happened during the Obama administration PEOPLE WOULD BE IN JAIL!

A play about assassination a sitting President should be illegal. These people doing this play, are no different than terrorist.

Those people sitting there applauding this play are nothing more than mindless, mainstream properganda, brainwashed, idiots and should be ashamed of themselves for supporting this asinine smut.

Your response, and a lot of the responses here, prove that Goebbels would be proud.

Shakespeare presented Julius Caesar as a ruler who was tempted by a little bit too much power. The conspirators killed him to save Rome but, instead, plunged the entire empire into crisis.

Its similar to Alan Moore's message in V for Vendetta - the graphic novel, not the bland film version - fascism and anarchy are polar opposites but there is little to choose between them.

Let me summarise what Shakespeare says in the play in simple language: killing Caesar was a terrible mistake. Learn from history.

Let me interpret one of the points of this production in simple language: Trump is president and he is infinintely better than anarchy.

Unfortunately, there is a strong knee jerk anti intellectualism ion ATS and in the US as a whole. The same kind of anti-intellectualism that Goebbels exploited, that fascist governments from Portugal to Romania used to gather support against all their enemies real and imaginary.

Learn from history.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheNewsMan

That may be the case, however, I highly doubt many leftists know, let alone care about, some anti-violence message. They've made it clear they're only interested in blood and guts, and fantasized violence against their president, Donald J. Trump.

Enemies real and imaginary.

Learn from history.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I thought that some might be interested in this related story....

A North Texas theater company is working with the FBI after it received dozens and dozens of hateful emails, some of which threatened the lives of employees.

The hate mail was directed at Shakespeare Dallas over a play the company is not showing. The e-mails are surrounding a depiction of the play “Julius Caesar,” which is showing in New York City as part of Shakespeare In The Park.

dfw.cbslocal.com...

wrong city, wrong theater, wrong play, but that won't stop the crazies from coming out of the woodwork!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

Well there goes the free speech.
On the contrary, I fhink this is a remarkeable display of free speech on all fronts. Plus, it enables a debate as to when and where free speech is applicable and with whom is it obligitory to tolerate.

While you may be right perhaps I should have been more clear. The people on the right complain about certain "leftists" expressing their certain free speech "expressions" and yet they have no problem with this.
Well I can't completely argue against your point. Both sides of the political spectrum have that same habit.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join