It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters INTERRUPT Trump Assassination Play – RUSH STAGE —

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
so people are cool with this non violent protest...totally cool

but when some college kids walk out on pence talking...you know, being non violent there are people calling for their diplomas to be withheld from them and even worse.

is it cause pence is more special?

non violent protest is non violent protest

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
These people were correctly thrown out.
They are no better than the idiots who protested at Trump rallies.
Same thing.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I'm foreseeing a big fat buffet of can dish it out but cant take it come from this.....

Please explain. Who is dishing what to whom?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. The Left has been doing this sort of thing for ages now. It was only a matter of time before the Right adopted the same tactics.

This play is in very poor taste. Frankly, I think the Secret Service should shut it down as subversive.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

Not good. Not right.

They're no better than the idiots at Berkeley who wouldn't let people speak.

I do not agree. They are protesting very different things.

This ceaser play is sending a message to kill the president in a very visual and public way.

It is not equivalent to shut down a conservative speaker unless they are calling for violence.

Also yelling out from the stage is not remotely the same as destroying property and hitting people with bike locks.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen>>>> Good for them. I wouldn't call the attendees " Nazis"( although that shooter James Hodgkinson certainly was a nazi) but they could be described as empty headed gawkers wanting to watch a spectacle and lacking taste or civility. Throw rotten eggs at the actors, rotten fruit, set off air horns, disrupt the idiots activity. Its not art, its not intelligent satire, its just base boorishness.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

I don't differentiate based on what is being protested.

I'm all for protest.

What was done here wasn't protest.

It was an infringement. True, no property damage took place. No one was harmed.

But the woman infringed on the rights of the people watching, and on the rights of the people acting on stage.

We can discuss protests.

We can discuss the messages of the protests.

While I think what the woman did was wrong, I think the woman was right to be outraged. She just went about it incorrectly.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I don't differentiate based on what is being protested.

I'm all for protest.

What was done here wasn't protest.

It was an infringement. True, no property damage took place. No one was harmed.

But the woman infringed on the rights of the people watching, and on the rights of the people acting on stage.

We can discuss protests.

We can discuss the messages of the protests.

While I think what the woman did was wrong, I think the woman was right to be outraged. She just went about it incorrectly.

So, there is no limit to free speech at all? If somehow mark zuckerberg flipped out and demanded that on every facebook page a high production video pop up explaining the need to kill all republicans for good of the planet you would be fine with that?

Look I understand free speech purism, but there is also such a thing as brainwashing that is quite effective. Look I understand the vast majority will not commit any violence when they hear calls for it, but some unstable people might, and the effectiveness is cumulative if it is allowed to continue. Just like in Germany eventually it was ok to kill Jews because they are subhuman.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

We can't start putting limits on free speech. The second we do, it no longer exists as free speech.

Just imagine if Hillary had become president and someone was wanting limits on my free speech if I disagreed with her.

We have to accept the good and the bad if we are to truly have free speech.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

We can't start putting limits on free speech. The second we do, it no longer exists as free speech.

Just imagine if Hillary had become president and someone was wanting limits on my free speech if I disagreed with her.

We have to accept the good and the bad if we are to truly have free speech.

Disagreeing with someone is completely fine. Repeatedly calling for their death in the media is not.

There is a reason for the yelling fire in a crowded theater exception by the Supreme Court in 1919.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

This ceaser play is sending a message to kill the president in a very visual and public way.

Oh come on! Have you ever sat through Shakespeare's Julius Caesar? The audience doesn't walk away from it with a warm and fuzzy resolve to assassinate their current leader. Nope, the audience walks away a little bit less naïve, a little bit wiser and sadder.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

This is "art" and full allowed in the realms of free speech.

(grinds teeth)

I can't believe you have me defending this abortion of a play!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Typical Brownshirt and Blackshirt behaviour from the 1930s.

You must be so pleased.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Let me ask you this, Isis is on social media calling for death to westerners all the time, and their social media accounts are deleted.

Are their first amendment rights being infringed?

Do you support their rights to call for death of infidels as much as they want?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
When this play and director used other political figures, it was never very big. They used a Obama likeness when Obama was potus, and it was just a play.

alt-right trump cult are snowflakes

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
When this play and director used other political figures, it was never very big. They used a Obama likeness when Obama was potus, and it was just a play.

alt-right trump cult are snowflakes

Was it blasted all over the media then? NO

Did they keep it going after a republican tried to shoot up some a bunch of democrat congressmen? NO

Was their thousands of death threats made all over social media against obama at the time? NO

They are not equivalent.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
Let me ask you this, Isis is on social media calling for death to westerners all the time, and their social media accounts are deleted.

I can't conflate the two.

This is an adaptation of a play. That's all.

ISIS is something entirely different.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

HAHA! They should adapt the play to reflect ISIS players assassinating one of their own! Then everyone would be happy, even the terrorists! They'd revel in the publicity and the message of a righteous death! You know, Julius Caesar WAS deified after his death.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I can't conflate the two.

This is an adaptation of a play. That's all.

ISIS is something entirely different.

Ok, so I take it that means you don't support Isis rights, and therefore there is limits on free speech in your eyes.

The only difference between Isis and radical leftists is their intensity level. Allow this to go on unchecked long enough and assasination of their enemies will eventually become normalized. It should never get there, but if there is no pushback, such as peaceful protests like yesterday it could.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
so people are cool with this non violent protest...totally cool

but when some college kids walk out on pence talking...you know, being non violent there are people calling for their diplomas to be withheld from them and even worse.

is it cause pence is more special?

non violent protest is non violent protest

So really ... you don't see the difference between a formal higher education graduation, where alleged non-interupting protestors walked out and thus disrupted the event for every other respectful graduate and their families, and protesting a play assassinating a sitting POTUS?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join