It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Micky Dees now has FRESH BEEF - As Opposed to What?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
No fun!!!a reply to: MarkOfTheV

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What is soooo good is a couple big macs, a large fry, and a chocolate shake after smoking a big fatty. Maybe add an apple pie.....what were we talking about?!?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

as opposed to frozen.

McDonalds has it's own factory cow farms and beef processing plants...as well as it's own ship board fishery/fish processing plants.

It doesn't affect me as I still don't eat meat, but yeah that's what they mean.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

As opposed to Halal?

Hmmm..

bally

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
We buy a half a cow every year, it is a limosine grass fed organic cow. The meat is naturally aged, hung for between two to three weeks. That hamburger is exceptional, it was frozen and it is great.

Fresh/never frozen means nothing to me. There is hardly any hamburger around that compares to this beef. Except of course, burger from the people who raise beef this way and naturally age it before it is cut up.

I did a lot of research on what happens to meat if they are frozen, if they are allowed to naturally age where the cells lose some water, the freezing expansion does not degrade the meat. This is a natural aging vs. wet aging property that determines a loss of texture and taste with freezing. But remember, at the end of that two weeks at a least the beef has lost around a minimum of fifteen percent of it's weight which makes the beef more expensive. But adding a cup of water in the roaster with the roast causes the meat to again expand and the roast is way bigger than when you put it into the roasting pan.

The roasts are great. Knowing where your meat comes from is important if you want good meat.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Interesting! I assume that's a basic black angus breed? Is that from a local butcher or some kind of online thing?

I wasn't much of a fan of the grass fed organic beef ONLY because the fat is less palatable than that good ol' corn fed beef. I understand it's a healthier animal though, which most certainly has some trickle down benefits to humans.

Great info on the freezing... I knew that under the right circumstances it didn't seem to hurt meats, but I wasn't aware of the details.

I do love me some pot roast.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

Interesting! I assume that's a basic black angus breed? Is that from a local butcher or some kind of online thing?

I wasn't much of a fan of the grass fed organic beef ONLY because the fat is less palatable than that good ol' corn fed beef. I understand it's a healthier animal though, which most certainly has some trickle down benefits to humans.

Great info on the freezing... I knew that under the right circumstances it didn't seem to hurt meats, but I wasn't aware of the details.

I do love me some pot roast.

It isn't angus, it is one of the old breeds of cows. It grows much slower than angus do. Angus is actually a more inferior breed that they convinced the American people was better, it has a lot higher meat fat content in the meat itself and can survive better than other cows eating grain diets. I actually like hereford better than angus. I really do not like either of those two though. An Angul Limousine cross is decent, not so fatty. Even those crosses only yield about sixty three percent from hanging weight because of all the fat lost. The Limosine does better, seventy five percent after hanging. Also since Limousine are older than angus when butchered, they have more of an anticancer chemical that forms in older cows that protects against the carcinogenic nature of beef. At two years old or older, the meat actually tips and is anticancerous. This chemistry was just recently discovered. I think it may have something to do with the growth hormone being neutralized by this chemical in cows to slow the growth. This chemical may actually slow our cell growth to stop cancer from getting hold. It still isn't fully understood how it works though.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

You can look up making temporary greenhouses. If you have a porch in an apartment, that works even! You can build a temporary greenhouse with cinder blocks to hold it to the ground. Here's what you need:

PVC PIPE for frame
Bolt cinder blocks to the PVC PIPE with adapter
Use 3 mil clear plastic (looks kind of cloudy) for the siding from your hardware store
4 to 6 cinder blocks attached to the base of the frame
2 fans (one for air intake and one for air output. If you can, make the intake fan about the same size as the output fan.
Then just buy some smart pots, and go to a greenhouse store to buy soil mix and nutrients,
and plant your crop. You can do what I said above for about $200.
It is not permanent, so just get your landlord's permission, I have done it before. Just tell the landlord that you will plant grass after you leave (and do it!) if you put the greenhouse over a patch of grass.

Use more cinder blocks for weight if you live in a windy area, and use aluminum foil tape to tape the plastic to the PVC. You can use velcro, but it's more expensive, unless you use a lot of the foil tape - that gets pretty expensive too! The nice thing about velcro is that it is pretty water-proof.
edit on 6/17/2017 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Yall need to learn the definition of the word commercial. Mcdonalds hamburgers are made from expired bone scrapings and cartilage.. They couldn't make profit selling what you wish you were getting. But whatever. Since whites won't self teach, just pretend ground meat is the preferred texture, not an easy way to mix in fillers.

Its even the same with drugs. They have to be stepped on or no profit can be made. No one is saying a prayer over a sacrificed chicken every time you order nuggets. No, those nuggets would not even exist if liquidated expired poultry industry scraps were not the basis of all commercial poultry food stuffs.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBangWasAnEcho

That's a nice lie.

The Beef patties here in Australia are very much made out of proper cuts here, I know that personally.

I would LOVE to see your proof on that claim, because of all the workers around the world that deal in the raw meat patties, including myself, would have noticed a smidge difference with that, it is very easy to notice cartilage and the like, even ground up.

Don't care how much some one can hate fast food places etc, but don't make up bogus stuff like that, there is so much more you could state that is true and shocking.

I'm not defending, I don't even eat it - I'm a person that says eat what you want to eat, enjoy whatever it is you like to enjoy.
edit on 17-6-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Added + Fixed

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBangWasAnEcho

I'm not arguing with you... but I really would like to see some evidence of these purported expired scraps and cartilage. Dig up some proof to back your claim. I really am interested to see because I can't seem to find anything quite so dramatic.

Sounds kind of like the old fogies describing what's in hot dogs... "whatever they scraped off the factory floor"

Almost like that rhetoric between brothers to make one another cringe.

Coming from someone who has been a butcher, I totally understand the concept of the grinds bin, and the nature of "expired" is usually just left up to someones nose, but you're painting a very dystopian picture that seems a little more fantasy than reality.

a reply to: MuonToGluon

beat me to it!
edit on 17-6-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm guessing as opposed to frozen but..

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Wendys has been like that...You can taste the difference and juiciness between all the other fast-foods burgers...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Well, I located this - link - from 2013, with a video from inside the factory. Claims are, it was all beef then, too. Assuming the change means fresh instead of frozen, an maybe less salt or something? Anyone with older nutritional info could check that part.

edit on 17-6-2017 by LadyGreenEyes because: video issue

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It isn't angus, it is one of the old breeds of cows. It grows much slower than angus do. Angus is actually a more inferior breed that they convinced the American people was better, it has a lot higher meat fat content in the meat itself and can survive better than other cows eating grain diets. I actually like hereford better than angus. I really do not like either of those two though. An Angul Limousine cross is decent, not so fatty. Even those crosses only yield about sixty three percent from hanging weight because of all the fat lost. The Limosine does better, seventy five percent after hanging. Also since Limousine are older than angus when butchered, they have more of an anticancer chemical that forms in older cows that protects against the carcinogenic nature of beef. At two years old or older, the meat actually tips and is anticancerous. This chemistry was just recently discovered. I think it may have something to do with the growth hormone being neutralized by this chemical in cows to slow the growth. This chemical may actually slow our cell growth to stop cancer from getting hold. It still isn't fully understood how it works though.

Thanks for that!! I tried some Angus once, some place that had it, and was NOT impressed. Nothing better about it, as far as I am concerned. Less flavor, I'd swear even the texture wasn't as good. Never bothered again. More fat, too, eh? Why am I not surprised? It's like someone wants us all fat. Even for ground beef, I prefer the leanest you can buy, which tends to be 93%, over the fattier options.

So, older cows means better? Huh...that IS interesting.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho
Yall need to learn the definition of the word commercial. Mcdonalds hamburgers are made from expired bone scrapings and cartilage.. They couldn't make profit selling what you wish you were getting. But whatever. Since whites won't self teach, just pretend ground meat is the preferred texture, not an easy way to mix in fillers.

Its even the same with drugs. They have to be stepped on or no profit can be made. No one is saying a prayer over a sacrificed chicken every time you order nuggets. No, those nuggets would not even exist if liquidated expired poultry industry scraps were not the basis of all commercial poultry food stuffs.

So, a ot of nonsense, just to be able to toss in some racism, in a discussion about burgers? Really? Tsk, tsk. That's about as lame as it gets.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: rickymouse

Thanks for that!! I tried some Angus once, some place that had it, and was NOT impressed. Nothing better about it, as far as I am concerned. Less flavor, I'd swear even the texture wasn't as good. Never bothered again. More fat, too, eh? Why am I not surprised? It's like someone wants us all fat. Even for ground beef, I prefer the leanest you can buy, which tends to be 93%, over the fattier options.

So, older cows means better? Huh...that IS interesting.

When cows are fed all grains, they have different bacteria flora in their ruman with more of the yeast and some grain eating types. These bacteria are not good producers of food for certain bacteria that produce good quantities of elastin binding protein. This protein needs to be produced only by certain types of microbes and it makes the meat a little tougher. It also is needed in humans, we often cannot support the bacteria that make this in our guts. So we have to eat it to get a strong heart muscle, tougher muscles and skin, and more elasticity in our guts and our circulatory system. It is also used in the Mylen sheath of our nerves. Think about this, that then think about guys who eat venesin and buffalo. Anything that eats naturally and has a ruman. We do need some vitamin c to process this and collagen too. People want a tender steak or roast but do not realize that this protein is missing.

Now this elastin binding protein is heat stable but to eat the meat without the natural aging where the enzymes break the bond of the meat means it is tough. This protein is stable throughout the natural aging process, I do not know if wet aging destroys it though, I could not find any information on that. So, this protein gives us a tough heart, if we do not have it it is softer and more prone to damage of certain types. If a person gets too much in their heart, then that is no good either, so balancing the diet is good. But you would have to eat a lot of this protein to cause too much to be in the body, it would take years of constant consumption. Someone who ate a real lot of deer and buffalo all the time might have a risk of too much. Just alternate some pork, fish, and chicken in and no problem. A tough chicken would also have this protein in it, but I guess nobody likes to have old chickens anymore, they make good soups. If a soup company buys old laying hens to make soup out of, it may be in the broth, it can actually disolve in the juice, it makes the soup gel a little tougher when you cool it. The jelling is from collagen usually, the toughness comes from the elastin binding protein. Even jello might containsome of this, it also can be powderized.

People have no clue about some of the properties of food I talk about.
edit on 17-6-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Beef is best finished on grain, barley and oats preferably. Grass fed and corn fed beef tastes gross. Never around here would a farmer sell a beef straight from the pasture, always fattened up for a month on grain.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Fascinating information, and no, I certainly had no idea about all of that! So much we don't know!! I do love bison, for what it's worth, but it's ridiculously expensive these days!! Much appreciated info!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join