It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But isn't there a simple solution to free everything?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

So to sum up it has nothing remotely in common with the world we live in.

I didn't say it did. I just said it would be awesome to live in.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think a simple solution would be to end all government programs in relation to welfare: food stamps, Obamacare, unemployment. Also, end the department of education (replace with private schools). Transform entitlement programs like social security, government pensions, etc. & fire all the Federal employees who operate these programs. Take the money from the costs of these programs, divide it by the number of citizens, then write a check to each citizen. It would probably be @ $20-30k per citizen a year, maybe more. Then each person can pay for their own food, shelter, healthcare, school, etc. & there will still be an incentive for people to work in the free market who have ambition & want to make more than $20-30k per year. I think taxes could be lowered too in this framework. Minimum wage could also be abolished if this is implemented.
edit on 17-6-2017 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
The federal government is the creator of money.

It's not enough to print more banknotes, you need to create the value that underpins them.

Without creating value, you are simply making each dollar worth less.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

No inflation. Government creates money. Government destroy money. The budget for each year is created at the beginning of the year, released to society to create services, and destroyed upon the end of the year.

So the builder that you paid to build some houses - does the money you paid him gets taken out of his account at the end of the year?

The shops that sold the food bought with your magic money - do their accounts get emptied when it disappears?

The civil servants that work for your government - do you take back their salaries when you destroy the money?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6
Only a small proportion of society working can more than supply everyone in society with goods and services.

And which poor suckers get to be that "small proportion of society"? Who gets to decide?

The funny thing all these ridiculous ideas have in common - the people proposing them usually sees themselves as the great visionaries who need to sit in a nice comfortable office, behind a fancy wooden desk, ordering everyone else to go out and do the back-breaking work... for free.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Kettu

Archimedes didn't work for money. Archimedes worked for passion. So did Christopher Columbus. So did Einstein. So did Galileo. So did Gauss. So did da Vinci. All the best scientists and inventors out there are self actualized people who challenge themselves, not for money or wealth, but because they are driven by the human spirit.

The quickest way to make a smart person useless is to let him do what he wants.

The Tao of Programming is a great reference in these matters.

www.mit.edu...

A manager went to the Master Programmer and showed him the requirements document for a new application. The manager asked the Master: "How long will it take to design this system if I assign five programmers to it?"

"It will take one year," said the Master promptly.

"But we need this system immediately or even sooner! How long will it take if I assign ten programmers to it?"

The Master Programmer frowned. "In that case, it will take two years."

"And what if I assign a hundred programmers to it?"

The Master Programmer shrugged. "Then the design will never be completed," he said.

A manager asked a programmer how long it would take him to finish the program on which he was working. "I will be finished tomorrow," the programmer promptly replied.

"I think you are being unrealistic," said the manager, "Truthfully, how long will it take?"

The programmer thought for a moment. "I have some features that I wish to add. This will take at least two weeks," he finally said.

"Even that is too much to expect," insisted the manager, "I will be satisfied if you simply tell me when the program is complete."

The programmer agreed to this.

Several years later, the manager retired. On the way to his retirement luncheon, he discovered the programmer asleep at his terminal. He had been programming all night.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Then it is every good person's mission to ensure psychopaths don't take control, and that needs vigilance. It would be hard, but harder than our current situation?

And "they" find ways above the law because of money which currently equates to power.

Also, we went from societies full of slaves and very low living qualities and we partly managed to rise above those systems. All is not done yet, far from it, but that is no reason to abdicate.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: allsee4eye

Do they even print money anymore? I thought it was all just "ones" and "zeros" in some secret data bank tied to Oil or chocolate chip cookies.

They do, but there is serious talk of destroying all but the most minor denominations. In the US this would mean than coinage, 1s, 5s, 10s, 20s and *maybe* 50s remain. Everything else would be electronic. This would allow for minimum free economy while tracking all large amount purchases, and cast suspicion on anyone carrying around a large number of low denomination bills.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join