It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes white racism inherently a part of conservatism?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So how does that give you some kind of moral high horse to lecture about it?

I have overcome my inherent racism, as all enlightened persons do. That gives me a moral right to criticize those who wallow in theirs.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Why single out only white cultures as racist?

I did not.

To repeat what I said earlier: those who imagine an insult to their race where none was intended are generally racists.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

How are you defining conservatism?

Damn' good question.

I define it as follows: if it ain't broke don’t fix it, and if it is broke fix it very carefully, keeping a weather eye out for the unforeseen side-effects of your fix.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I'm a liberal and believe other races can be racist, there was a recent argument outside my house between a black woman and an Asian woman that had my mouth hanging open in shock. I think abortion I wrong, but banning it just causes more problems. I think the polarisation on this site and the numerous threads with their stereotyping just show this site has lost its core idea of denying ignorance.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Lol that is the definition of pragmatism lol..

Conservatism is wanting to keep the past , hence "conserve" ..

Presently that means deregulation of big buisness and the environment, a constantly expanding military, no government aid (unless your a multi billion dollar company..then you deserve a billion breaks), backing the war on drugs, usually Christian, and lie constantly through propaganda that would get you laughed out of any highschool debate class..

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Why single out only white cultures as racist?

I did not.

To repeat what I said earlier: those who imagine an insult to their race where none was intended are generally racists.

And yet you assume to know my race.

Those who claim to know the race of someone based on comments are generally racist.
edit on 18-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

anyone who speaks in plain language with actual facts is called racist
anyone who cites statistics or use scientific analysis is racist
anyone who adheres to conservative values is racist
anyone who notices differences between cultures, religions, societies is racist
anyone who moves from a dangerous area to a better area is racist
anyone who notices that some races are more lawless than others is racist
anyone who points out that some nation states have failed is racist
anyone who expects laws to be impartial and followed is racist

meanwhile
blacks say its a black thing, whites dont understand
if a black person acts out with anger, aggression and violence it is justified because of historical wrongs they suffered
if a muslim bombs anyone in the world , it is because of how they have been wronged
blacks seek out reasons to justify their being offended by nearly everything
moslems are offended by everything
illegal aliens are excused because they are only trying to better their life and doing the horrible tasks that scare americans
many criminals are driven to their crime becasue of white oppression
race is used by every minority all of the time as a reaon or excuse,
how often has a white person said its because I am white.
different standards apply to minorities than to whites, lower sat scores accepted , affirmative action, etc
The double standard is beyond obvious and the word racist is a unique catch all to cover any action or thought by anyone who actually expects people to behave and follow rules. It is a free pass to excuse bad beahavior or to shut down any and all discourse. What a perfect tool to protect someone from censure.
Same goes for xenophobia, I have a friend in escondido ca. has lived in the same house for 33 years, Went from all white neighborhood until now that he is the only non hispanic, Property values have fallen, crime is rampant, loud dangerous area that feels more like sanchez tboada in tijuana. The neighborhood has fallen apart is he racist? Why is it ok for everything that middle class america once built, lauded and protected to be desttoyed but if anyone notices and says the obvious. They are racist?
Same goes for islamaphobia, isalm cannot be discussed, examined, studied or analyzed and never criticized in any objective way without personal attacks and being called names.
Almost all bad behavior by anyone is dismissed and excused on the basis of anti racism
Almost all behavior by whites is called racist even when it unintentional. So if your brown and commit a crime and are held accountable it is because the system is racist. If you are white and say something someone does not like, you are a racist

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: heavymental

Only in your head and in right wing television..

You couldn't find 10 liberals who would agree with anything you said..

Your opinion of "the left" is 100% based on Fox News types going around and finding stupid people , then pretend like they speak for all of some large group..

Which is ridiculous...

What some random college student says, doesn't decide left wing philosophy..

It is a cheap tactic that would have you laughed out of any highschool debate class.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Once they, the press and whatnot, "established" the republican as racist drum beat they set about on phase 2 Witch was the 2nd amendment is racist as most of the constitution......Not just the part and race. Certainly not racist however was 1/2 of the 1st amendment, LOL

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Na. I am around libs and listen to them and there is a lot of truth in dudes ideas here. Listen to them here, on TV and have hard lib relatives, Libs are also super parrots, chip on shoulder know it alls, myopic, ect no it all self right ect.

(post by heavymental removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Psh...

I doubt it..

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: heavymental

anyone who speaks in plain language with actual facts is called racist
anyone who cites statistics or use scientific analysis is racist
anyone who adheres to conservative values is racist
anyone who notices differences between cultures, religions, societies is racist
anyone who moves from a dangerous area to a better area is racist
anyone who notices that some races are more lawless than others is racist
anyone who points out that some nation states have failed is racist
anyone who expects laws to be impartial and followed is racist

Hell, just a few more and you'd have the '10 Commandments', or would it be the "10 Derailments"?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
According to the left, being white in itself is considered racist. The MSM doesn't help either by saying that people like Alex Jones are racist. Being Alt-right means one is against the establishment right & against career politicians on both sides. This is not to say that they're are no racists in the Alt-right, only that they make up a small percentage. The establishment Democrat party is supported by racist groups like La Raza (The Race), Black Lives Matter & religious extremist groups like the Muslim Brotherhood. The Alt-right trusts alternative news sources & status quo Democrats trust MSM deep state propaganda. Like in the past when Democrats supported the status quo of slavery & Republicans opposed the status quo, which freed the slaves. True Republicans just want smaller government, where Democrats want larger government by stealing property from one & giving it to someone who didn't earn it. There's a way to make everyone happy. We need to get rid of government social programs, as well as, the agencies & employees which enforce them & implement a national wage of $20-30k per year. This can be done under our current tax system. It can enable people to pay for their own food, housing, healthcare & education through the free-market & still give incentive for those to work who want to make more money. It could also eliminate minimum wage & eliminate employer requirements to offer healthcare, which can stimulate the economy.
edit on 18-6-2017 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Lol that is the definition of pragmatism lol.

No, it is not.

Conservatism is wanting to keep the past

And what do you think 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' means in terms of society, culture and poltical systems?

Or do you want to keep the broken remains of failed past institutions as well as the ones that have proved their value over time? Why? For sentimental reasons? Nostalgia?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

And yet you assume to know my race.

So you're not white?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: toysforadults

How are you defining conservatism?

Damn' good question.

I define it as follows: if it ain't broke don’t fix it, and if it is broke fix it very carefully, keeping a weather eye out for the unforeseen side-effects of your fix.

That's the best definition I've heard in a while.

Conservative philosophers also tend to emphasize the notion of inheritance, that it is not only practical, but a duty, to pass on the good of our forefathers to our children. I suppose that would be its moral imperative.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Present conservatism is based on nothing more than

"I shouldn't have to pay for that"

Which is laughable because the things they say they don't want to pay for are usually a drop in the bucket compared to the billion dollar back room deals that rarely make the paper..

They are meaningless things that sound good.. but have been a disaster..

The war on drugs, the patriot act, the Iraq war, glassdegal, citizens united....every single horrible modern policy is a conservative policy.

edit on 18-6-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Which is laughable because the things they say they don't want to pay for are usually a drop in the bucket compared to the billion dollar back room deals that rarely make the paper..

Let's keep this honest:

The Democrat politicians make the same backroom deals, push for American Imperialism, overseas Neoliberalism, and so on all just the same as the GOP critters.

In fact, the Hillary Campaign was the biggest special interest juggernaut in history netting some $1.5BILLION in 'donations' from all the same kinds of banksters and military contractors and insurance comapanies and the like as the "conservative" politicians ever would.

Sure, the Democrat politicans pay all kinds of lip service to the kind of stuff you like to hear, but they're every bit as bought and pad for as anybody else ever was.

Which is what dumbfounds me all this bickering that goes on between "liberals" and "conservatives" (which by the by warmongering is a Neocon thing not some thing inherent to conservativism), as the REPUBLICAN & DEMOCRAT politicians are the same kind of scum, doing the same kinds of things for the most part, yet everyone fights each other as if those parties actually represent them or their values (just because they talk the talk; nevermind that they rarely walk the talk).

This has irked me for as long as I've been tuned in, but its just nuts nowadays the lib's are scratching for war int eh streets defending phony ass politicians as if they're any better. Not to mention openly worshiping multinational corporations which the liberals I remember 10 years ago HATED corporatism.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Republicans believe that people should take personal responsibilities and that everyone has the power and knowledge to better themselves (cue left: RACISTS!)

Liberals on the other hand believe minorities need free handouts because they are not smart enough or strong enough to do it themselves (cue left: WE'RE TOLERANT AND INCLUSIVE!)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join