It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Appoints Son Eric's Wedding Planner to Run Federal Housing Programs in NY & NJ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
You hate her because she is black so you think she could not possibly be up to the task?

Not surprised.

To that end, as a black female who has had the privilege to live in several diverse countries around the world, including Africa, I can assure you that there is no way that I would either work for, nor vote for, a man who I didn’t have absolute confidence and faith in that he can – and will – uphold the same moral standards & expectations in Washington, DC., that I know he has instilled in his children, holds within himself & expects of those whom he employs. His, is now an awesome and great responsibility. But so is ours. Not only have my boss, President Obama & Secretary Clinton called upon each & every one of us to come together now as a united people, but as your personal friend and/or family member, I not only dedicate myself to this collective mission, right here/right now, but I wholly expect each & every one of you to reach out to me directly with your concerns, advice and suggestions for a great Administration and an even greater America.

Sounds good to me and very qualified.

The woman doesn't know the difference between a nation and a continent and she's qualified for what? To pour piss out of a boot? A clueless administration to go with a clueless populace now that's the way to make America great again.

edit on 6120000005130America/ChicagoSat, 17 Jun 2017 08:41:51 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
She is an event planner. Why article chooses to belittle her as "Eric Trump's wedding planner", maybe because she is black

As for experience in Govt, not required and preferable there is none as the "experienced" people have made such a mess.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

We may be looking at the first female POTUS!

So Trump has already fired this woman and hired Oprah? That was quick.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

You hate her because she is black so you think she could not possibly be up to the task?

Not surprised.

To that end, as a black female who has had the privilege to live in several diverse countries around the world, including Africa, I can assure you that there is no way that I would either work for, nor vote for, a man who I didn’t have absolute confidence and faith in that he can – and will – uphold the same moral standards & expectations in Washington, DC., that I know he has instilled in his children, holds within himself & expects of those whom he employs. His, is now an awesome and great responsibility. But so is ours. Not only have my boss, President Obama & Secretary Clinton called upon each & every one of us to come together now as a united people, but as your personal friend and/or family member, I not only dedicate myself to this collective mission, right here/right now, but I wholly expect each & every one of you to reach out to me directly with your concerns, advice and suggestions for a great Administration and an even greater America.

The woman doesn't know the difference between a nation and a continent and she's qualified for what? To pour piss out of a boot? A clueless administration to go with a clueless populace now that's the way to make America great again.

Why do you assume a black woman is only fit to throw piss out of a boot?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
She is an event planner. Why article chooses to belittle her as "Eric Trump's wedding planner", maybe because she is black

As for experience in Govt, not required and preferable there is none as the "experienced" people have made such a mess.

Next time you need surgery be sure to tell them you don't need a surgeon the butcher from the local supermarket can do the job just as good.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Have you ever worked in events?

Can I have a key position in Housing and Urban Development now, and oversee billions of dollars in low income housing vouchers and building renewal projects please?

Doubt it. One would only have to look at your post history to see that you can't be objective, therefore you'd do a lousy job.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Next time you need surgery be sure to tell them you don't need a surgeon the butcher from the local supermarket can do the job just as good.

A choice between a surgeon who had killed his last 50 patients and the butcher... i'll take the butcher thanks.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Not surprised.

Never once mentioned race but you sure seem hung up on it. Do you have a problem with blacks like Donnie? Is little Trumpy trying to make for his past racism when he lost in court for not renting to blacks by installing a black woman in the job? Black guy running HUD now another black put into another government job Trump better watch out or all those good ol Southern boys who voted for him will get upset by not keeping everything snow white.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I've got an idea for the Trump administration, why don't we go out and get a homeless person and put that person as the press secretary of the White House. Surely he won't stink up the place as much as Spicey. LOL!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Not surprised.

Never once mentioned race but you sure seem hung up on it. Do you have a problem with blacks like Donnie? Is little Trumpy trying to make for his past racism when he lost in court for not renting to blacks by installing a black woman in the job? Black guy running HUD now another black put into another government job Trump better watch out or all those good ol Southern boys who voted for him will get upset by not keeping everything snow white.

I was just wondering why you would think a black woman's only skill is to 'piss out of a boot'.
Is it because she is black or because she is woman that you insult her without even knowing her? Or both?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I'm sure that Ms Patton is excellent at her job as an event coordinator. I would also bet all my stars and flags that when she's planning an event, she hires people who have a record of outstanding excellence in their field, and are the most highly skilled in their fields of expertise. Too bad she can't offer the people of New York and New Jersey the same level of professionalism she brought to Eric's wedding.

The fact that she's black becomes an issue due to her lack of experience in housing and urban renewal, government bureaucracies and public service . Does Trump think that black people instinctively know about public housing issues? Did he think that Ben Carson needed a black colleague as his senior advisor? Did the color of her skin come into Trump's equation in his warped justification of hiring such an unqualified person?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I'm sure that Ms Patton is excellent at her job as an event coordinator. I would also bet all my stars and flags that when she's planning an event, she hires people who have a record of outstanding excellence in their field, and are the most highly skilled in their fields of expertise. Too bad she can't offer the people of New York and New Jersey the same level of professionalism she brought to Eric's wedding.

The fact that she's black becomes an issue due to her lack of experience in housing and urban renewal, government bureaucracies and public service . Does Trump think that black people instinctively know about public housing issues? Did he think that Ben Carson needed a black colleague as his senior advisor? Did the color of her skin come into Trump's equation in his warped justification of hiring such an unqualified person?

Well, she has been appointed and we'll see what she does... there's really nothing you can do about it apart from vote next time. Whining and casting doubt on a person's ability just because they are black, a woman, appointed by Trump, or whatever else is just some internal mental issue you have to deal with yourself.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Well, she has been appointed and we'll see what she does...

This is an unacceptable deflection of ineptitude that's getting tiresome. "We'll just have to wait and see" is not an acceptable criteria for the justification of hiring a senior advisor and department head, whether it be for a for profit private company or a government office.

there's really nothing you can do about it apart from vote next time.

I did vote, and there's still plenty the American People can do to affect their government beside voting. For example:

June 16, 2017

Donald J. Trump
President of the United States of America
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20500

President Trump:

I write to ask that you immediately remove Lynne Patton from the position you have reportedly appointed her to within the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

According to the New York Daily News article entitled “President Trump chooses inexperienced woman who planned his son Eric’s wedding to run N.Y. federal housing programs”, written by Greg B. Smith, you have “appointed longtime loyalist Lynne Patton – who has zero housing experience and claims a law degree the school says she never earned – to run the office that oversees federal housing programs in New York.”

Frankly, serving as your family’s event planner and as an employee of the Eric Trump Foundation, which is currently under investigation by New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman for criminal activities, does not qualify an individual to serve as “head of the biggest HUD regional office in the U.S. [which] oversees distribution of billions in cash to public housing authorities – including NYCHA – as well as tens of thousands of rental vouchers and block grants that fund housing inspections and senior citizen programs.”  Nearly 70 percent of New York City Housing Authority’s (NYCHA) operational budget and 100 percent of its capital repair budget comes from HUD, and its aging buildings need an estimated $17 billion in upgrades.  I ask that you appoint an individual who is qualified to oversee such a serious task.

This is not The Apprentice; the federal government is not your personal patronage system.  On behalf of every New Yorker who relies on NYCHA to survive, I ask you to start acting as such.

Sincerely,

Grace Meng
Member of Congress

meng.house.gov...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
"organizational, management and networking skills" - code for this person has no skills but is connected

Trump certainly isn't the first - they all do it. It's even done at most companies - jobs are traded with friends and family.

It's the main reason why all the value from increase in production was transferred from the workers to the top 1%.

My personal experience is that people who get positions this way usually are total failures. Though there are true "management" skills - there is really no substitute for understanding your job/industry.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Not surprised.

I was just wondering why you would think a black woman's only skill is to 'piss out of a boot'.
Is it because she is black or because she is woman that you insult her without even knowing her? Or both?

Her being unqualified for the job is good enough reason for her and Trump being ridiculed. Now you seem to only be able to spout that she's a woman and black so she can do the job. By supporting that idea you don't want a person that can do the job you just want a token for Donnie.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
double post
edit on 7040000004930America/ChicagoSat, 17 Jun 2017 10:54:49 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
triple post
edit on 7050000005730America/ChicagoSat, 17 Jun 2017 10:55:57 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Well, she has been appointed and we'll see what she does...

This is an unacceptable deflection of ineptitude that's getting tiresome. "We'll just have to wait and see" is not an acceptable criteria for the justification of hiring a senior advisor and department head, whether it be for a for profit private company or a government office.

there's really nothing you can do about it apart from vote next time.

I did vote, and there's still plenty the American People can do to affect their government beside voting. For example:

June 16, 2017

Donald J. Trump
President of the United States of America
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20500

President Trump:

I write to ask that you immediately remove Lynne Patton from the position you have reportedly appointed her to within the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

According to the New York Daily News article entitled “President Trump chooses inexperienced woman who planned his son Eric’s wedding to run N.Y. federal housing programs”, written by Greg B. Smith, you have “appointed longtime loyalist Lynne Patton – who has zero housing experience and claims a law degree the school says she never earned – to run the office that oversees federal housing programs in New York.”

Frankly, serving as your family’s event planner and as an employee of the Eric Trump Foundation, which is currently under investigation by New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman for criminal activities, does not qualify an individual to serve as “head of the biggest HUD regional office in the U.S. [which] oversees distribution of billions in cash to public housing authorities – including NYCHA – as well as tens of thousands of rental vouchers and block grants that fund housing inspections and senior citizen programs.”  Nearly 70 percent of New York City Housing Authority’s (NYCHA) operational budget and 100 percent of its capital repair budget comes from HUD, and its aging buildings need an estimated $17 billion in upgrades.  I ask that you appoint an individual who is qualified to oversee such a serious task.

This is not The Apprentice; the federal government is not your personal patronage system.  On behalf of every New Yorker who relies on NYCHA to survive, I ask you to start acting as such.

Sincerely,

Grace Meng
Member of Congress

meng.house.gov...

I am sure Trump will immediate bin the liberal congresswoman letter and ignore her. This position is in his remit to employ. Tough. Better to have loyalist than leakers. That particular Congresswoman had no experience when she took her job , oh and guess what, her daddy was involved in politics too...having to drop out of a re-election run for voting irregularities. That must be the kind of experience you are hankering after.

edit on 17/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

No experience? Really?

She has a law degree, a real one. Not like the fake one that Ms Patton listed on her LinkedIn page. Also, Representative Meng served on the State Assembly before winning her bid for Congress.

As long as we're bringing up parents, have a good long look at Fred Trump and Charles Kushner!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

No experience? Really?

She has a law degree, a real one. Not like the fake one that Ms Patton listed on her LinkedIn page. Also, Representative Meng served on the State Assembly before winning her bid for Congress.

As long as we're bringing up parents, have a good long look at Fred Trump and Charles Kushner!

Ah, so you want lawyers.. that is your idea of political 'experience'. Her daddy was corrupt and she got into politics of his coat tails. Hardly one to talk.

Meanwhile the duly appointed head of Federal Housing Programs for NY & NJ will get on with her new job and you can whine all you like about it.

Much better than the last person in the job... maybe that is the kind of 'experience' you are after?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join