It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Appoints Son Eric's Wedding Planner to Run Federal Housing Programs in NY & NJ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

She doesn't need congress approval either, you don't get it, her position is a minor position.

Lord have mercy. Do I have to spell it now.

Oh, I forgot, is a Trump appointee so hell is suppose to make big news.

Time to impeach Trump for appointing to positions he can appoint people whomever he feels like it

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
How about Obama setting Kumar (Kal Penn) a phat job at the White House to pay for his White Castle's?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You got to love the selective memories of some around here.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

She doesn't need congress approval either

Never said she did.........?

you don't get it, her position is a minor position.

Really? If you call the top director of New York's and New Jersey"s Department of Housing and Urban Development, plus senior advisor to Ben Carson as well as managing $59 Billion dollars in housing vouchers a renewal programs.

I don't know about you, but when my car needs work, I hire a mechanic. When my wiring needs to be fixed, I call and electrician, not a party planner.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Let's get real. Trump was sued by HUD. Trump is in the business of housing, to some degree. Don't let's pretend that having one of his loyal lackees at HUD won't serve his business interests in some way. Come on ATS, try to be more discerning.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Agreed, when/if it is presented, she will say "yes boss."

However, you would find this in every administration.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Not this blatant though. Patronage is one thing but this flies in the face of even that, as she has no background that even minimally qualifies her. This administration is starting to look more like the Lannisters from GoT than a serious effort to govern.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
I don't know about you, but when my car needs work, I hire a mechanic. When my wiring needs to be fixed, I call and electrician, not a party planner.

Have you ever worked in events?

Event organizing is actually a pretty sophisticated position. Even just the managers of half the specialty firms the planners hire as warranted aren't the stuff of wet noodles.

The kind of people that can pull off huge events could get stuff done in quite a few governmental situations I can think of (especially political campaigns now that I think of it), and networking is one of the main planks of their whole profession.

Getting some big shots attention with jobs well done and this whole outcome doesn't surprise me just looking at it on the surface. These people are hooked up with some big shot upper echelon types all the time.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I probably should cut you some slack...I know how sick you are.

???? News to me but thanks I guess?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Hey is call payback after elections, Trump is in charge he can appoint whomever he wants for this lower positions.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I wonder why Trump puts AA in his administration in jobs they lack experience for?

Interesting.

Helloooo! barak obama ring any bells?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Have you ever worked in events?

Derp. Is it anything like brain surgery?

Yes. You name it. I have worked and coordinated events, public, private, political, charitable, fund raisers, golf tournaments and weddings. I've also worked for the Mayor's office and the Planning Commission in my town. Can I have a key position in Housing and Urban Development now, and oversee billions of dollars in low income housing vouchers and building renewal projects please?

People who don't know or care about what they're doing can cause more damage than good. Look at Flint Michigan.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

So an events coordinator becomes a housing & development professional, and then criticizes Trump for hiring an events coordinator into a housing & development position. And in the process the critic belittles self!

I cant even make this stuff up folks!

GOTCHA!!!

edit on 16-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Well, by that logic, defending Trump's choice, I'm just as qualitied for the job as Lynne Patton!

The upshot is, I'm no more qualified for the post than Lynne Patton is for her experience.

edit on 16-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
A wedding planner? I bet the lunchrooms in the offices are going to be nice.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Meh, not a billionaire, might be ok..a better pick than say.. DeVos

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

A wedding planner. Why not? All of Trump's supporters will say it's a good choice. LMAO.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Check out the winner Obama chose for this position!

Mirza Orriols (née Negron-Morales), HUD’s Deputy Regional Administrator for New York Found Guilty by EEOC of...

Ms. Orriols (née Negron-Morales), was not only not disciplined for her illegal actions, she was promoted by HUD! The employee (Thomas Saracco) who was discriminated against was an employee with a recognized disability.

New York, NY -- HUD’s Deputy Regional Administrator for New York Found Guilty by EEOC of Repeatedly Intentionally Discriminating Against an Employee in Her Department.

storify.com...

But, but, but OBAMA...

Obama is past and your saviour Trump is NOW!
Deal with it!

(post by RazorV66 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Hey is call payback after elections

That's the mentality of a child, hopefully not the POTUS. Payback is not the point. The point is to have a vision and lead. You know, Make America Great Again. Not Make America Pay Again.
edit on 6/17/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join