It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Appoints Son Eric's Wedding Planner to Run Federal Housing Programs in NY & NJ

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
President Trump's choice to head up HUD's Region II is drawing criticism. While controversy surrounding Trump appointments isn't exactly news, this is one that I believe will raise a few eyebrows among even some of his supporters — the casual supporters anyway.

The President has appointed Ms. Lynne Patton to the position of Regional Administrator, the top spot for HUD's Region II, which covers the states of New York and New Jersey. A little background courtesy of New York Daily News:

President Trump chooses inexperienced woman who planned his son Eric's wedding to run N.Y. federal housing programs

She’s arranged tournaments at Trump golf courses, served as the liaison to the Trump family during his presidential campaign, and even arranged Eric Trump’s wedding.

Now President Trump has appointed longtime loyalist Lynne Patton — who has zero housing experience and claims a law degree the school says she never earned — to run the office that oversees federal housing programs in New York.

Patton was appointed Wednesday to head up the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Region II, which includes New York and New Jersey, where she’ll oversee distribution of billions of taxpayer dollars.

Patton’s tight relationship with the Trump clan dates back to 2009, when she began serving as the family’s “event planner.”

“Responsible for organizing, executing and assisting with upscale events and celebrity golf tournaments,” her LinkedIn profile says. “Handle celebrity talent acquisition for various marketing projects, philanthropic events and golf tournaments.”

She apparently also served as one of the 16 members of the board of directors for Eric Trump's charity and assisted with casting for two seasons of
The Apprentice.

While she certainly seems to be an accomplished person, it's not clear how her accomplishments qualify her for the the position or in fact, how many of the qualifications she claims are genuine.

What seems abundantly clear is that what she might lack in relevant professional experience, she more than makes up for in other areas:

As head of the biggest HUD regional office in the U.S., Patton will oversee distribution of billions in cash to public housing authorities — including NYCHA — as well as tens of thousands of rental vouchers and block grants that fund housing inspections and senior citizen programs.

Patton is one of the handful of African Americans within Trump’s inner circle and a passionate Trump promoter. Last year she made a video entitled "I'm proof Donald Trump isn't a bigot.”

Trump first placed her as a White House liaison at HUD in February. While there, she’s fired off multiple flamethrowing tweets for him and his family.

When comedian Kathy Griffin tweeted a photo May 30 holding a phony bloody Trump head, Patton tweeted, “To date I've always had a mutual respect for opinions on the other side of the aisle but tonight @kathygriffin can go f--k herself.”

On June 9, she retweeted a cartoon about leaks depicting Trump taking a wrench to a leaky pipe upon which ex-FBI Director James Comey’s head was affixed. She wrote "Just when you think you've fixed them all, another one pops up."

Aside from her lack of experience in housing policy or anything relating to housing (I assume she lives in some sort of dwelling, does that count?), the appointee is drawing fire for claiming degrees she doesn't hold. On her LinkedIn profile, she lists a JD from Quinnipiac University's School of Law. When contacted by NY Daily News, the school registar informed the paper that she attended two semesters and did not graduate.

She also lists Yale University under education in her profile with no furthers details. The article states that HUD officials couldn't explain that discrepancy either and finally, that Ms. Patton didn't return calls seeking comment for the story. On the plus side, it does appear that her University of Miami BA in English is legit, so there's that.

Let's do a breakdown, shall we?

* Relevant experience? No.
* Degree in relevant area of study? No.
* Honest about qualifications? No.
* Twitter Trumpologist? Yes.
* Knows how to throw a party? Yes.

Clearly I've been going about things all wrong. I can tweet with the best of them, I throw a helluva party and I too can lie about degrees I don't hold. Might be time to get onboard this gravy train before it runs off the rails!
edit on 2017-6-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sounds like a good non-Swamper.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Clearly I've been going about things all wrong. I can tweet with the best of them, I throw a helluva party and I too can lie about degrees I don't hold. Might be time to get onboard this gravy train before it runs off the rails!

"The Wall" is where you want to be. I have already in place an LLC, business plan, office, for a vendor of services application already approved. It's gonna be yuuugggeee, believe me. Now if I can find a redhead with large breast for a secretary to help me with the contracts....I'm in business. This one tied in with a previous LLC so I had a good trac record.... se habla Espanol...

btw....there are plenty of grants, low intrest loans available even for contractor start up. I'm gonna get me some, believe me.
edit on 16-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

"The Wall" is where you want to be. I have already in place an LLC, business plan, office, for a vendor of services application already approved. It's gonna be yuuugggeee, believe me. Now if I can find a redhead with large breast for a secretary to help me with the contracts....I'm in business. This one tied in with a previous LLC so I had a good trac record.... se habla Espanol...

Yea, right.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Yea, right.

www.govexec.com...

You should get in on the swag too amigo! But be forwarned...Donk's need not apply ....lol

www.citylab.com...

www.azcentral.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It sounds as if President Trump believes this African-American woman has proven herself to have impressive management and organizational skills, as a result of working with her over many projects over a number of years.

Sounds like a much better choice than the typical political campaign donor.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thanks but I have been in on the swag for a long time the only difference is I don't feel the need to brag or lie about it especially on a anonymous internet site.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I wonder why Trump puts AA in his administration in jobs they lack experience for?

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Thanks but I have been in on the swag for a long time the only difference is I don't feel the need to brag or lie about it especially on a anonymous internet site.

Fine, I'm proud of my efforts in the entrepreneurial world.
Also proud of my accomplishments in the biz.

Please stop stalking me then.

I probably should cut you some slack...I know how sick you are.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Question is can you afford the pay to play fee?

Who knows maybe she can do the job better then most? Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Fine, I'm proud of my efforts in the entrepreneurial world.

Please stop stalking me then.

Stop replying then.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You hate her because she is black so you think she could not possibly be up to the task?

Not surprised.

To that end, as a black female who has had the privilege to live in several diverse countries around the world, including Africa, I can assure you that there is no way that I would either work for, nor vote for, a man who I didn’t have absolute confidence and faith in that he can – and will – uphold the same moral standards & expectations in Washington, DC., that I know he has instilled in his children, holds within himself & expects of those whom he employs. His, is now an awesome and great responsibility. But so is ours. Not only have my boss, President Obama & Secretary Clinton called upon each & every one of us to come together now as a united people, but as your personal friend and/or family member, I not only dedicate myself to this collective mission, right here/right now, but I wholly expect each & every one of you to reach out to me directly with your concerns, advice and suggestions for a great Administration and an even greater America.

Sounds good to me and very qualified.
edit on 16-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

She will likely do a great job. Would you prefer a staffer that has been sniffing political bung hole as a career?
edit on 16-6-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Why do you feel compelled to demean and slander this black woman?

Her linkedin clearly shows (N/A) to indiciate she went to school for a JD but did not comlpete the degree.

J.D. (N/A)
1998 – 2000

She was not lying to anyone but you are.

Still waiting for obama's school records....

The linkedin also clearly states she was Senior Advisor to the very successful Trump campaign. That is a hell of a lot more than a wedding planner.

Senior Advisor & Family Liaison
The Donald J. Trump Campaign
June 2015 – Present (2 years 1 month)

And before now she served as a senior advisor and PR for hud. No housing experience is required for this particular position. But now she has HUd experience.

Senior Advisor & Director of Public Engagement
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
January 2017 – Present (6 months)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Check out the winner Obama chose for this position!

Mirza Orriols (née Negron-Morales), HUD’s Deputy Regional Administrator for New York Found Guilty by EEOC of...

Ms. Orriols (née Negron-Morales), was not only not disciplined for her illegal actions, she was promoted by HUD! The employee (Thomas Saracco) who was discriminated against was an employee with a recognized disability.

New York, NY -- HUD’s Deputy Regional Administrator for New York Found Guilty by EEOC of Repeatedly Intentionally Discriminating Against an Employee in Her Department.

storify.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Alright, I'll say it. Was she hired because she's a black women, and black people instinctively understand public housing? She's to be Ben Carson's senior advisor and oversee the HUD office of New York and New Jersey. Neither one of them are qualified, but we gave Ben Carson a pass, kinda, because he would have the best advisors.

Trump promised to hire the best of the best, but he hires stereotypical people who are uniquely unqualified and fundamentally disapprove of the mission statement of the offices they hold.

This appointment shows Trump deep disrespect for the poor and disenfranchised.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
No more or less qualified than when Clinton appointed Andrew Cuomo. He started the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac/sub-prime fiasco...In other words, HUD is rife for dangerous mismanagement, Trump should seriously rethink this.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The hypocrisy, is devastating the minds of liberals since Trump got into the white house

Every president appoints whomever they feel out of their arses to positions whenever they take the White house after an opposition party is defeated.

Now this makes news because is Trump.

Hypocrites.

Get over it, its Trump administration now.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

No, it's making new because the woman is a party planner, not a low income housing administrator.
edit on 16-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

An even planner organizer?

We may be looking at the first female POTUS!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join