It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Consultant Creates #HuntRepublicanCongressmen In Response To Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

James Devine, a Democratic operative from New Jersey ,created a #HuntRepublicanCongressmen hashtag Thursday, one day after a gunman shot at Republican congressmen in Virginia and wounded Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise.

We are in a war with selfish, foolish & narcissistic rich people. Why is it a shock when things turn violent? #HuntRepublicanCongressmen

dailycaller.com...

The New Jersey Democratic consultant told MyCentralJersey.com the hashtag “HuntRepublicanCongressmen” “speaks for itself.”

Devine went on to say, “Yesterday’s events are the result of escalating rhetoric and vitriol that has been evident in our political system culminating with the election of our president and the chickens came home to roost, you know?”

Devine later added, “I think some people will be shocked and offended,” he said, “and other people might be woken up to the fact that this is nothing that wasn’t invited by things like Sarah Palin’s crosshairs on Gabby Giffords before she was shot.”

According to his website, Devine has worked since 1980 as “a principal counselor, expert tactician or campaign manager to federal candidates, state legislators, county executives and mayors, among others.” He also served as the Democratic State Committee Political Director in 1992-93 and claims to have created the campaign plan that helped Bill Clinton “become the first Democratic presidential candidate to win New Jersey since 1964.”

And people wonder why we can't play nice any more.

There obviously isn't going to be any unity or kumbuy-ya moment.

This is going to be the new normal.

It's reflected here, on social media sites, in the media.

Have at it ATS. . . this is the mud pit and I thought this story deserved this forum.

+32 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This asshole is going to start something this country does not need.

And as for Twitter, where is their no hate speech policy.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

edit on 16-6-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The only way that this becomes normal is if we let it become normal. I doubt anyone on these forums actually agrees with what this man said and even if there is it is a tiny minority.

Your thread almost seems like a caricature of itself, addressing division as if it's a bad thing then promoting said division by posting it in the mud pit.
edit on 6/16/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Thrown out of the window as soon as it doesn't fit their agenda. Like all liberal "media platforms" operate these days.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Blaming "rhetoric" is par for the course with partisan fools.

I know I said some things earlier, my friend says they're extreme...
But I base my belief on my morality of a persons actions...

Not words.

We are in a war...

Speaking for others... what a loser.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Heres what I find hilarious, in these conversations from the left:

We are in a war with selfish, foolish & narcissistic rich people

I mean they always seem point out all the moneyed interests on the right, but neglect to include Clintons millions, Kennedy's, Soros etc.....

Also even though Im no fan of Palin, she didnt put cross hairs on Gifford at all, it was on a map showing locations where they need to win representation.

Dude is sick in the head if he thinks there is any explanation that justifies murder...my gawd.
edit on 16-6-2017 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

This asshole is going to start something this country does not need.

I don't do Twitter so I couldn't tell you.

I think this illustrates the level of unrest we have now.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Nah DB. Most are just blowing off some steam and want to gather followers or even likes. He is an idiot no doubt about it but people like that like to act tough but in reality they are the first who bolt if things get serious.

Fanning the flames to ignite a civil war is not helping either side and there is still hope that people realize that before it escalates further.

When the quiet and invisible ones start acting up then it's time to worry.

edit on 16-6-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The only way that this becomes normal is if we let it become normal. I doubt anyone on these forums actually agrees with what this man said and even if there is it is a tiny minority.

Your thread almost seems like a caricature of itself, addressing division as if it's a bad thing then promoting said division by posting it in the mud pit.

This thread is what we make of it.

Just because it's in the Mud Pit doesn't obligate anyone to automatically be divisive.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Shoplifting $22 worth of merchandise?!

Reading his tweet raging against "selfish, narcissistic rich people" reminded me of his fellow hater, Hodgkinson, who also hated the rich.

Their jealously and hatred toward the wealthy is just as bad as any other hatred and intolerance. It just shows what losers these people are...and who do they blame for their failures? Who else but The Rich! The big bad successful wealthy people.

These are the types that are fanatic Bernie Sanders supporters. Resentful and full of jealousy and hatred, always blaming the rich for their plight in life.

edit on 16-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I agree, all this is is a way to fan the flames, every day there is someone making the fire bigger and bigger and we bite the bait pretty much every time.

This thread is admitting defeat when it comes to "meeting in the middle" which is not a good thing.

link   
We shouldn't ignore the hate.

We shouldn't marginalize it, negate it.

It's real, it's pervasive, it's here. Whether we like it or not.

Now the easy route is to embrace the hate, use it, feel it, eat it, bathe in it.

Lord knows I do that enough.

I envy the stronger people that can rise above it.

But if we're to eventually rise above it, we must first acknowledge that it exists and point it out.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Cultural Marxists getting bitter, jealous, and crazier by the minute.

Now they all come out of the woodwork they've been hiding in.

Let Democrats self-destruct.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Civil war coming soon to a theater near you...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The mud pit only exists so that people can be ruder to one another. There's no reason it should be in this forum other than for the lax rules. That's the only thing this particular forum offers over the other ones.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You have the freedom to be rude or not.

Here you actually have a choice.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The mud pit only exists so that people can be ruder to one another. There's no reason it should be in this forum other than for the lax rules. That's the only thing this particular forum offers over the other ones.

You can always not participate.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The rich are the ones who pay politicians like Clinton and Obama to do what they do. For some reason people are more focused on the puppet and not the ones pulling its strings.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Oh for heaven's sake! Are you seriously arguing about whether DB's thread should or should not be in the Mud Pit!!

Some people will argue about the most stupid things! Argue about something worthwhile! Sheeesh!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join