It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought on Comey's Testimony

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What I was saying is that he was possibly only concerned about himself, not Flynn.

Yes. I understood. I also agree.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: draoicht

Hi Introvert,

best wishes to You and your family.

The Political Class are certainly a tough audience.

I distrust the idea that the Political Class should define the Rules.

The truth tells itself.

Seems to me they are unhappy seeing their certainties questioned.

The contest is just starting.

Yes. Which it that kind of goes along with the government, or some on both sides that feels Trump is a threat to their way of life. After all. He did say drain the swamp. And if you do drain the swamp, everything goes with it.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Let me posit that the actions of Comey in this particular instance were a shot across the bow of the political class's ship.

If I may continue on that line of thinking.

He is director of the FBI. Does anyone remember Hoover? Yeah that possibility exists also.

It appears he went past a potentially corrupt Justice Department and right to the American people to tell us about something very concerning regarding our government and those in charge.

Yes. That could be true. Or he could be just pissed about being fired. Both are valid speculations and deserve questions and answers. With that said, who would be more corrupt in your opinion. Government or Trump. That is the real question.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

He is director of the FBI. Does anyone remember Hoover? Yeah that possibility exists also.

There was a lot of disinfo put out against Hoover. For example, there is no evidence to suggest he was a cross-dresser.

Lot's of disinfo seems to be coming out against Comey at this time. The comparison is applicable.

Yes. That could be true. Or he could be just pissed about being fired.

I have no doubt he is. But let me clarify that my comment was not just about the Trump issue, but also his going past the JD to release the FBI decision on the email issue. He knew there was not enough to recommend charges and did not want the FBI to appear corrupted along side Lynch, if she declined to prosecute Clinton but was later found to be corrupt.

Both are valid speculations and deserve questions and answers. With that said, who would be more corrupt in your opinion. Government or Trump. That is the real question.

Can't say. Trump is now the "government".

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

There was a lot of disinfo put out against Hoover. For example, there is no evidence to suggest he was a cross-dresser.

That is not the type of info that concerned me though. It was the power that he gained, with all the secrets he knew about the politicians.

Lot's of disinfo seems to be coming out against Comey at this time. The comparison is applicable.

I have not heard of the disinfo against Comey. I have heard speculation, which is all any of us actually hear pending the investigation of anyone politically.

I have no doubt he is. But let me clarify that my comment was not just about the Trump issue, but also his going past the JD to release the FBI decision on the email issue. He knew there was not enough to recommend charges and did not want the FBI to appear corrupted along side Lynch, if she declined to prosecute Clinton but was later found to be corrupt.

You may be entirely right. The only problem I could find in that is assuming that Comey did not have enough evidence. I believe he did have enough evidence, but thought that Clinton was actually going to win. That would mean that he is corrupted also.

Let me ask you this. Why would Trump, knowing already about the investigations, make a comment towards the FBI director to make him feel uncomfortable? If Russia is in cahoots with Trump, why would Trump make such a deliberate mistake to be impeached? I don't know.

edit on 16-6-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

That is not the type of info that concerned me though. It was the power that he gained, with all the secrets he knew about the politicians.

Comey may potentially know quite a bit, but I fail to see what power will come from that.

I have not heard of the disinfo against Comey. I have heard speculation, which is all any of us actually hear pending the investigation of anyone politically.

People have claimed he is the leaker within the FBI, outside of what he gave to his friend to cover his ass. There is no reason to suggest that except to push a political narrative.

You may be entirely right. The only problem I could find in that is assuming that Comey didn't not have enough evidence. I believe he did have enough evidence, but thought that Clinton was actually going to win. That would mean that he is corrupted also.

There is no reason to suggest that. His decision was based on precedence and the law, and no one with knowledge of such things have disagreed, except politicians. Unless more info comes out that the FBI was not privy to, his recommendation will stand true.

Let me ask you this. Why would Trump, knowing already about the investigations, make a comment towards the FBI director to make him feel uncomfortable?

In order to affect the investigations? I'm not sure.

Trump is a businessman and it is not uncommon for businessmen to use a variety of tactics in order to achieve a desired outcome.

Fortunately, those tactics do not fly in government, unless you want to go through this sort of mess.

If Russia is in cahoots with Trump, why would Trump make such a deliberate mistake to be impeached? I don't know.

I don't think he's in cahoots with Russia. I think he's vain and wants his presidency to be held in high regard. He wants to put this all behind him, but is ignorant of the rules of the game he is playing, which is not one he knows much about.
edit on 16-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

By the way, thank you for the reasonable conversation.

It's rare and most welcomed.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Comey may potentially know quite a bit, but I fail to see what power will come from that.

That does seem to be another question.

People have claimed he is the leaker within the FBI, outside of what he gave to his friend to cover his ass. There is no reason to suggest that except to push a political narrative.

True.

There is no reason to suggest that. His decision was based on precedence and the law, and no one with knowledge of such things have disagreed, except politicians. Unless more info comes out that the FBI was not privy to, his recommendation will stand true.

I can understand that. What I don't understand is that if he would leak information to try to save himself from Trump, why would he open himself to questions involving the left also. He is playing both sides in my opinion, although I have not even a shred of evidence to support it.

In order to affect the investigations? I'm not sure. Trump is a businessman and it is not uncommon for businessmen to use a variety of tactics in order to achieve a desired outcome. Fortunately, those tactics do not fly in government, unless you want to go through this sort of mess.

Maybe. It is just something that nags at me. I know Trump seems to be careless at times. We have all seen it, we all know it. But it also seems that he is methodical. But everyone can slip up I suppose. It just seems to be a really big slip up, if you know what I mean.

I don't think he's in cahoots with Russia. I think he's vain and wants his presidency to be held in high regard. He wants to put this all behind him, but is ignorant of the rules of the game he is playing, which is not one he knows much about.

I don't think he is either, but I really don't know. Perhaps you are right, maybe he is not privy to the political hurdle. That is one of my reasons for supporting him though. Our government has not been trying to help our people for quiet some time now. And it definitely goes well beyond these last eight years.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

By the way, thank you for the reasonable conversation.

It's rare and most welcomed.

You as well. I have had my fill of my own smartass comments. They never lead to understanding, at least most of the time.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Deep down, I think Trump is a decent person. I just think he is out of his element...out of his league...

Perhaps it was not Flynn he was worries about. Perhaps he wanted that monkey off his own back so he could move on from it.

So many low information folk on both sides of this issue. You're not one of them and often make me think. Good example you are setting for real discussion.

I came late to being a Trump supporter and one of the reasons I did was when I started digging in to see what kind of guy he really was, I found that he was the type of guy who hung out on the construction sites with the workers more than the developers and that he's not really a Republican in the modern sense. He also seems to be raising some pretty good kids who love him very much and a loyal friend it seems. To me that says a lot.

Having said that, I believe his talk with Comey was a little bit of both: Loyalty to his appreciation and friendship with Flynn AND he's ready to get past the daily hammering of something he knows he's not personally guilty of.

That he's pretty much hated by both red and blue career politicians does seem to suggest he's an outsider and a danger to the status quo of our political sell-outs in Congress, Senate, and Non-elected bureaucracy.

He IS the stereotypical abrasive New Yorker--and that can be hard to stomach lol--but once you get to understand them they're usually alright.

He's certainly not perfect, but given a chance, I think he will win some haters over.

I've never voted for a Republican Presidential candidate before Trump. I hate the Bush Crime Family with a passion. Not many Dems either, but I did vote for Obama first time around. He disappointed me greatly though. Maybe Trump will too--and I will get irate and apologize publicly here if he does and dog the HAY-UL out of him.

What is your opinion of Ivanka, btw? I'm thinking she might possibly be a good choice for our first female President.
edit on 16-6-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

That does seem to be another question.

Indeed. What power would come of that knowledge?

What I don't understand is that if he would leak information to try to save himself from Trump, why would he open himself to questions involving the left also. He is playing both sides in my opinion, although I have not even a shred of evidence to support it.

I don't see him saving himself from Trump. I see him saving the integrity of the FBI, apart from a corrupt JD and bringing the facts to the people, regardless of the outcome.

Maybe. It is just something that nags at me. I know Trump seems to be careless at times. We have all seen it, we all know it. But it also seems that he is methodical. But everyone can slip up I suppose. It just seems to be a really big slip up, if you know what I mean.

It is a big slip-up, considering what has occurred. That is why I said he is out of his element. He does not know how things should work in the government and the rules they have to follow.

I don't think he is either, but I really don't know. Perhaps you are right, maybe he is not privy to the political hurdle. That is one of my reasons for supporting him though. Our government has not been trying to help our people for quiet some time now. And it definitely goes well beyond these last eight years.

Of course the government has not been trying to help the people. They try to help themselves in a variety of ways. The problem is, Trump appears to have broken the very basic level of rules with his actions and it may be out of purely selfish reasons, beyond personal profit.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

So many low information folk on both sides of this issue. You're not one of them and often make me think. Good example you are setting for real discussion.

Much appreciated. I'm sure many would disagree.

Having said that, I believe his talk with Comey was a little bit of both: Loyalty to his appreciation and friendship with Flynn AND he's ready to get past the daily hammering of something he knows he's not personally guilty of.

That's not necessarily unreasonable. I'm sure he wants to get this nonsense over with and be assured that he has the confidence of those under his watch. The problem is that there is a way to go about doing that.

It appears he may not have gone about this the right way.

He IS the stereotypical abrasive New Yorker--and that can be hard to stomach lol--but once you get to understand them they're usually alright.

True, but regardless of his particular style, there are rules we have in place for our elected leaders. They are in place for a reason and we should hold them accountable.

He's certainly not perfect, but given a chance, I think he will win some haters over.

None of us are perfect. I welcome the opportunity for him to win me over once we get past this nonsense, if we can.

I've never voted for a Republican Presidential candidate before Trump. I hate the Bush Crime Family with a passion. Not many Dems either, but I did vote for Obama first time around. He disappointed me greatly though. Maybe Trump will too--and I will get irate and apologize publicly here if he does and dog the HAY-UL out of him.

Funny enough, I'm a registered Republican. I voted for Ron Paul.

I did not vote for Obama and I did not vote for Hillary.

What is your opinion of Ivanka, btw? I'm thinking she might possibly be a good choice for our first female President.

She seems much more reasonable than her father. Intelligent and articulate.

We shall see how she develops.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

What does Flynn have on trump.
That's the question.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: draoicht

Who the liar is is already painfully clear.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: surnamename57

You are obviously mixing up the social and interpersonal relations between human beings with workplace relationships.

So the President can't speak to anyone in a non political way? What is so bad about letting the Director of an investigation, know where the President stands on the Issue. Just because you disagree with an Issue he is still the President. I know If I was running a Federal Institution, that works for this government, I would want to know what the leader of that government actually thought.

Professionalism is irrelevant to survival. Interpersonal relations are relations that are built on Trust. Is it so bad that our own government doesn't trust itself? Yes this Nation has woke up from a long winter's nap, but if global warming is real, still skeptical, I guess we could say... Summer is Coming.

There is always a point beyond which a superior/subordinate relationship may run off the rails and give rise to doubt.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Oh please.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Let me posit that the actions of Comey in this particular instance were a shot across the bow of the political class's ship.

If I may continue on that line of thinking.

It appears he went past a potentially corrupt Justice Department and right to the American people to tell us about something very concerning regarding our government and those in charge.

Yes. That could be true. Or he could be just pissed about being fired. Both are valid speculations and deserve questions and answers. With that said, who would be more corrupt in your opinion. Government or Trump. That is the real question.

Considering these people are obama appointees, they should not be trusted at all and replaced.

Especially the justice branch.

Flynn was fired by obama but not for russia or turkey so why the hoopla now? www.quora.com...

The dems are trying to pin everything the obama admin has done, on Trump and his admin.

Tax returns? Go deep into the IRS corruption during obama, lerner, koskinen (ol turtle face)

ETA; and talk about thin skinned, comey got his feelings hurt and committed a crime to get revenge.

edit on 6 17 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

We didnt hear all of it either. What did he testify to behind the "closed door sessions" after the public testimony? Without knowing that....every speculation is based on what we heard...and we didnt hear it all.

The Intel committees now after Trump/Pence and whoever else...HEARD ALL the testimony...that we only got 1/2 of...so there is prob. some good reasoning(s) we didnt hear that validates pursuing further. Including against Trump...

Any opinions on Comey and others we pose.... is only based on 1/2 of it all.
edit on 17-6-2017 by mysterioustranger because: err

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

What does Flynn have on trump. That's the question.

I have never looked at it from that angle. I could not even guess as to what it might be.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: surnamename57

There is always a point beyond which a superior/subordinate relationship may run off the rails and give rise to doubt.

Very true. That could happen. That may be just what happened.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join