It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought on Comey's Testimony

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have been thinking about Comey's testimony, and what he said about President Trump.

It always comes back to this, and I quote.
"He then said, 'I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go,'" Comey writes in his testimony. "I replied only that 'he is a good guy."

That one statement should describe Trump in a new light for some people.

I have heard and read, mostly from the left, about what people think about Trump. He has been called many inflammatory things, and pretty much it just boils down to that they think he is just a despicable and vengeful guy.

The testimony from Comey seems to offer a different opinion.

The investigation of Flynn has caused considerable turmoil in the Trump administration, which raises a question.

Why would someone, anyone, who is thought of as a despicable, and vengeful person, be concerned about someone who brought him so much turmoil?

I think it speaks volumes about who President Trump is.

That is why I think Comey knew that Trump was not obstructing, but it was out of concern for Flynn. That makes him a pretty good guy in my book. As far as Comey, I have never held a high regard for the man, and now I know why.

edit on 16-6-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

So we just ignore Flynns deals with Turkey and the Russians then lying about it. Trump knew what Flynn was up to and may have been the director behind the curtian.

thehill.com...

These investigations are just getting started. Trump is ****** bricks, believe me.

Trump knows this is just the beginning....

www.nationalreview.com...

But thanks, it's entertaining watch Trump followers trying to spin BS into cotton candy!!! believe me.

edit on 16-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is being spun into "Obstruction" accusations.

Like the "Collusion" allegations.

A hopeless attempt at telling a Big Lie.

Even under oath Mr.Comey could not call it "Obstruction"

The whole "Trump is a Monster" narrative will fall apart in time.

Who the Liars are will become clear.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So we just ignore Flynns deals with Turkey and the Russians then lying about it. Trump knew what Flynn was up to and may have been the director behind the curtian.

Certainly not. It does need to be investigated. Being investigated does not make you a bad person. It just means that the government thinks it might be best to make sure nothing was done wrong. The investigation will tell, or not. Political espionage in our country needs to be investigated. And don't forget, this occurred under Obama's watch. It would not take much speculation to think he may also have ties to this. A general who does not heed a President can bring everything crashing down.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You are obviously mixing up the social and interpersonal relations between human beings with workplace relationships.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: draoicht

This is being spun into "Obstruction" accusations.

I agree with you. In order to spin anything you have to have a reason you can make others believe it. None the less, these are questions that need answers. I believe that Trump is innocent not because I supported him. I supported him because I thought he could get the job done.
He has been in the office for six months now, and yes I know political battles are long hard fights, and they should be. What they do is indeed very important to us. The US will hold Trump accountable for his actions. Just because you support someone, doesn't mean you give them a free ride.
I can honestly say this about Trump. He has brought more people from the public into the political spectrum, which is something that has been needed for a very long time now. I haven't seen any actions he has made.

Trump has gone so far as to show us how he likes to be treated. I find it odd, but to each their own. I don't care how his manners are picked apart, dissected, looked at, faulted, it is all irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Wasn't Flynn appointed by Obama? Was he really a Trump's guy? Maybe he was a mole in the Trump team who pretended to be on Trump's side when in fact he phoned Kislyak and then lied to Pence to cause problems for Trump on purpose.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

thehill.com...

These investigations are just getting started. Trump is ****** bricks, believe me.

Trump knows this is just the beginning....

www.nationalreview.com...

I don't believe you for starters and wishful thinking will be the end of the other party if they continue. They should focus on finding a suitable and better candidate for the next election otherwise they will end up like the SPD in my country. Irrelevant and forgotten like they never existed. Democrats are already turning on each other because all the bullsh!t about Turmp isn't giving them any advantage for the next election instead they are keep losing badly. Btw it's sad that you still haven't figured out why Trump is using Twitter so much. Here is a hint. If you talk about it they will come. It's not rocket science.

Trump has nothing to worry about and people are already picking up on that. The ship is sinking and ironically it's not Trumps. Well they brought this on themselves so my sympathies are very limited at the moment. People will be shocked when they find out the true reason why Trump does what he does. Don't worry some day you will see it too.

Heads will explode.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: surnamename57

You are obviously mixing up the social and interpersonal relations between human beings with workplace relationships.

So the President can't speak to anyone in a non political way? What is so bad about letting the Director of an investigation, know where the President stands on the Issue. Just because you disagree with an Issue he is still the President. I know If I was running a Federal Institution, that works for this government, I would want to know what the leader of that government actually thought.

Professionalism is irrelevant to survival. Interpersonal relations are relations that are built on Trust. Is it so bad that our own government doesn't trust itself? Yes this Nation has woke up from a long winter's nap, but if global warming is real, still skeptical, I guess we could say... Summer is Coming.
edit on 16-6-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Wasn't Flynn appointed by Obama? Was he really a Trump's guy? Maybe he was a mole in the Trump team who pretended to be on Trump's side when in fact he phoned Kislyak and then lied to Pence to cause problems for Trump on purpose.

Now that is an excellent question..

Regardless if he was Obama's guy or Trump's guy. If he was Obama's guy then that would make Comey's characterization of how his "feelings" toward how Trump is seem all the more unbelievable. He can't be both? Maybe somewhere in the middle perhaps?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Professionalism is irrelevant to survival. Interpersonal relations are relations that are built on Trust. Is it so bad that our own government doesn't trust itself? Yes this Nation has woke up from a long winter's nap, but if global warming is real, still skeptical, I guess we could say... Summer is Coming.

And therein lies the problem. Trump can't be Trusted. He can't even get together a proper staff or cabinet because people don't want to be associated with the coming train-wreak. Even the GOP is distancing themselves from Trump. Can't blame them if they want a viable career in DC.

www.nytimes.com...

www.politico.com...

And Trump dosen't pay his debts....Character counts, believe me.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And therein lies the problem. Trump can't be Trusted. He can't even get together a proper staff or cabinet because people don't want to be associated with the coming train-wreak. Even the GOP is distancing themselves from Trump. Can't blame them if they want a viable career in DC.

Trump can't be Trusted? Why? Because of what the outgoing administration is saying about him? Comey openly admitted that Trumps campaign had no collusion with Russia.

What can't he be Trusted then?

It wasn't because of the GOP that he could not get his cabinet. He picked his Cabinet members. Like all Presidents do. It was the Dems that slowed that process down. Trying to find a reason to hang on. Just like the GOP does when power is transferred. Anything to make the other party look bad. Even if it is true, then our government has de-evolved into not just not trusting, but also slandering. The public eats it up.

Some of the GOP might be distancing themselves, but the GOP was against him in the beginning also. Trump is not a threat to the people of this nation. He is the threat to our government.

Its all good though for real. Nothing happens to our long time leaders when they do something wrong. And Presidents, lol, forget about it. Just look to the past to see how much trouble they are in.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

There are no Questions that should not be asked.

The Realpolitik of this is simple.

A Republican House and Senate will not impeach on this.

It's a Comey fairytale..

Not the first one he has told.

I agree that it is illustrative of simple concern.

The Trump family are enduring a very brutal induction into US politics.

Hopefully for everyone, the truth will win.

A "citizen" president is refreshing.

The professional Political Class have no place in a real Republic.

Too many Cultural Marxists for my taste.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Deep down, I think Trump is a decent person. I just think he is out of his element...out of his league.

Why would someone, anyone, who is thought of as a despicable, and vengeful person, be concerned about someone who brought him so much turmoil?

Perhaps it was not Flynn he was worries about. Perhaps he wanted that monkey off his own back so he could move on from it.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Deep down, I think Trump is a decent person. I just think he is out of his element...out of his league.

That would be my thought also, but I don't think he is out of his league. I have never seen our government work so much. There is plenty to keep them busy. Trump made sure of it. Good or bad. I still think they are over paid, with all the donations going into their retirement.

Perhaps it was not Flynn he was worries about. Perhaps he wanted that monkey off his own back so he could move on from it.

That is something that very well could be true. Allow the investigation to move forward one more month. Then stop all funds funneled into the FBI and then we might get some answers. Have the people in our government agencies never watch 24hrs?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

That would be my thought also, but I don't think he is out of his league. I have never seen our government work so much. There is plenty to keep them busy. Trump made sure of it. Good or bad. I still think they are over paid, with all the donations going into their retirement.

That is true. Too bad all that hard work seems to be in the Justice Department.

That is something that very well could be true. Allow the investigation to move forward one more month. Then stop all funds funneled into the FBI and then we might get some answers. Have the people in our government agencies never watch 24hrs?

What I was saying is that he was possibly only concerned about himself, not Flynn.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Hi Introvert,

best wishes to You and your family.

The Political Class are certainly a tough audience.

I distrust the idea that the Political Class should define the Rules.

The truth tells itself.

Seems to me they are unhappy seeing their certainties questioned.

The contest is just starting.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Hi Introvert, best wishes to You and your family.

Thank you. To your's as well.

The Political Class are certainly a tough audience. I distrust the idea that the Political Class should define the Rules. The truth tells itself. Seems to me they are unhappy seeing their certainties questioned. The contest is just starting.

That is reasonable.

Let me posit that the actions of Comey in this particular instance were a shot across the bow of the political class's ship.

It appears he went past a potentially corrupt Justice Department and right to the American people to tell us about something very concerning regarding our government and those in charge.

The contest is just starting.

I have no doubt.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I think "potentially corrupt" Justice Department is too kind a description.

I believe Mr.Comey is out of his depth.

The "Times are a Changing" and he has been caught on the wrong side of that.

Cognitive dissonance takes time to resolve.

He is not the only one facing this struggle and Mr.Trump looks to be having the same problem.

I think he might surprise his critics yet.

Hopefully for us all.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join