It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIOT WATCH Minneapolis BREAKING Officer Yanez NOT GUILTY in shooting of Philando Castile

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sk126

Are you a mind reader now?

You are having trouble with a few facts in your statement. First, when he decided to carry a handgun, he literally took his life and those he wished to protect into his hands. Secondly, it wasn't his daughter, it was the loudmouthed egotists that had a large hand in his slayings daughter. Also, there is that small issue of being high on pot. While that in and of itself isn't a huge deal, there was a child in the car.

High and armed while driving with other people in the car. As another poster like to put it, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

Kill yourself

Another extremist. I look forward to seeing your picture plastered on the news soon.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sk126
Kill yourself

It is perfectly okay to disagree with people and discuss those disagreements. It is completely unacceptable to tell others to kill themselves because of those disagreements.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I've been in multiple juries, and a grand jury, and the thing I've found consistently, is that the jurors really do try to come up with the right verdict. You might have a single racist I suppose, in a jury.. but unless the majority of a jury is racists, typically they come up with what is the right decision, providing they were given the correct and truthful evidence. There is a reason there is trial by a jury of your peers.

Confusion about instructions doesn't equate guilt. If it had been a person of another race, would this even had been a thing? Of course not. Personally I feel terrible for the guy, because he was first trying to be honest with the cop about having a firearm (which should have been the cops first clue he wasn't going to use it.. otherwise he would not have told him about it), and I think he was trying to obey the instructions of the cop.

But you can't ignore the fact he was high. Had he not been, perhaps he would have understood when the police told him to stop. I think a straight-thinking person would not think it is ok to first tell a cop you are carrying a gun, and then reach into your clothes to pull something out. I think that was probably a very relevant part of the juries decision.

But people don't care that a jury took the time and effort to try and get a right decision.. they just want blood, whether it makes sense or not. I don't think there is any incident between a non-black cop, and a black suspect, where the black suspect dies or is injured, that will in any way end well for the cop. Which just isn't right. How can you even do your job like that?

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join