It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIOT WATCH Minneapolis BREAKING Officer Yanez NOT GUILTY in shooting of Philando Castile

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He probably would've asked the guy to if he wasn't reaching for something. At that point the cop would've had him put his hands on the vehicle and asked exactly where it was and removed the weapon himself. That's pretty much standard procedure everywhere I think, more or less.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: secretagent77

There's no such thing as "taking all the guns away". This isn't the UK. Don't like it? Move.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: secretagent77

originally posted by: Starbuck799

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Why has the officer been fired if he followed correct procedure? If he did nothing wrong, why is he out of a job now?

originally posted by: face23785
Probably the same reason he was even charged: politics and appeasing the mob.

That's #ed up man!

Yes it is. The Founders tried to design our country so that it wouldn't give in to mob rule. The media has undone a lot of that. They try you on the nightly news with cherry picked bits and pieces and most people never learn the real truth. There's still idiots who think Michael Brown had his hands up and was executed.

Your country is so #ed up. Although I will say that my country, (Canada), isn't much better. So sad.

Yes but at least in Canada and Britain the police do not have to carry guns because no one there has any to start with. We need to take all the guns from the americans so we can be safe here in our own country. We've been thinking of moving to canda to get away from all this gun violence here.

All Canadian Police carry sidearms. All Toronto Police carry Glock 9mm on their hip. But there is very little gun play here. Toronto has 6 million people, and about 60 murders per yer. Almost All of those murders are gangplay, in gangland areas. Don't want to be shot in Toronto?, don't go to gang areas.
edit on 16-6-2017 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

easy to take all the guns away. Pass a law that unless you belong to the miliiary militia you can't have guns, just like the founding fathers intended it. Then after you pass the law, get the military to enforce it, and search the houses and take the guns, simple as that. It's worked in places like australia, britain and canada, it can work here. The 2nd says only militia should have guns, it's very clear.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

....shall not be infringed.

Not easy at all nor will it happen.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Starbuck799

It's similar in the US. Most of our "gun violence problem" is gang-related and suicides. We just have more of it here than other places, so of course we have more gun deaths than other places. It's not a gun problem it's a crime problem.

I don't know how this even came up because this wasn't a gun control case. The cop acted legally in self defense. As far as I know the guy he shot was legally armed, he just made a really stupid decision with it. Carrying is a great responsibility, you can endanger yourself or the people around you if you are irresponsible with it, as this guy was. Unfortunately it cost him his life.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

easy to take all the guns away. Pass a law that unless you belong to the miliiary militia you can't have guns, just like the founding fathers intended it. Then after you pass the law, get the military to enforce it, and search the houses and take the guns, simple as that. It's worked in places like australia, britain and canada, it can work here. The 2nd says only militia should have guns, it's very clear.

That's not what the founders intended at all. There are tons of period writings from the time period explaining this. Please get educated on the issue and don't spread this nonsense, especially in a thread that has nothing to do with it. Also, such a law could not be passed. It would take a constitutional amendment. Much higher bar.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Not really, simple EO from Trump will do it when he feels it's the right time. Guns kill more americans than terrorists. And I have studied the consitiution, it says only miilitia need the guns.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

And I have studied the consitiution, it says only miilitia need the guns.

simple EO from Trump will do it when he feels it's the right time.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Nope, it's not like that here in Canada. It is fairly easy to get a legal gun here. Just fill out an application and get background checked. If you're okay, you got yourself a gun. The difference is that almost no one does it. I was born here, and have lived in Toronto all my life, and I know not 1 person who has a gun. It's all about culture. Really, the only people who have guns in Toronto are the Police and criminals.

But it is true that if you want to get away from gun culture, moving to Canada is a good bet.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Not really, simple EO from Trump will do it when he feels it's the right time. Guns kill more americans than terrorists. And I have studied the consitiution, it says only miilitia need the guns.

The only place you've studied the 2nd amendment is on Bloomberg's website lol if you had actually studied anything from that time period you'd know that's not what it means. The Supreme Court has made numerous rulings on this, and they used period writings as part of their research. The founders did NOT mean that only organized militia should have guns. Essentially the entire citizenry is considered militia, which is why they all have the right to keep and bear arms. That's a well-established fact and it's been adjudicated several times. If you'd done even a rudimentary level of "study" you'd know this. Stop lying and stop spreading lies about the 2nd amendment. People with a brain don't appreciate it.
edit on 16 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16 6 17 by face23785 because: removed Newtown reference, not tasteful

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The supreme court isn't everything, even a lower court was able to overturn a travel ban. Alls it takes is one federal judge and an EO from Trump, if you don't belive me it's coming, fine, but don't say i didn't tell u so.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The supreme court isn't everything, even a lower court was able to overturn a travel ban. Alls it takes is one federal judge and an EO from Trump, if you don't belive me it's coming, fine, but don't say i didn't tell u so.

A lower court overturned the travel ban temporarily, until it gets to the Supreme Court, who are likely to uphold it. Anything else you wanna be wrong about and derail the thread with? Your predictions are meaningless, you don't even know what the 2nd amendment means.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
It's only the militia that gets the guns, and as soon as the governement wants to enforce it kiss you guns goodby e unless you are in the miitia, how hard is that to understand???

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Weird...you didn't finish the amendment.

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Are you trolling?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

dont feed the troll plz

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

Yeah sorry I just realized its the same scumbag trolling in another thread I'm in.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Weird...you didn't finish the amendment.

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Are you trolling?
The first part of the amendment is more than enough to rule on and make an executive order. It's coming, america can't afford anymore gun violence, the guns have to be taken away. Canada, Britain and Australia did it, why can't the USA? Keep the hunting guns at a central place where people can check them in and out if they are going hunting, other than that no need for guns.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

No, it's not.

In fact our SCOTUS has ruled as such.

District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), is a landmark case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held in a 5–4 decision that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense

This is long established and not even argument worthy. I'll restate.

Are you attempting to troll?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It appears he is. Just ignore him. Already been reported. Probably some loser that's been banned a number of times already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join