It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIOT WATCH Minneapolis BREAKING Officer Yanez NOT GUILTY in shooting of Philando Castile

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The verdict was just announced.

Twin Cities law enforcement are expecting civil unrest.

St. Paul police plan to respond to any protests after the verdict with a new ‘special operations unit,’ commander Josh Lego told MPR News yesterday. Officers in nearby Maplewood, MN were also fitted for gas masks recently.

A memo issued by Maplewood, MN then-police chief Paul Schnell last month read: “Out of an abundance of concern, law enforcement agencies are beginning to develop, and in some instances finalize, plans for civil unrest following the trial…“

www.unicornriot.ninja...

Please post any live streams as they become available.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yanez not guilty in fatal shooting of Philando Castile, fired by city of St. Anthony

The verdict was reached after about 27 hours of deliberation.

St. Anthony police officer Jeronimo Yanez has been found not guilty of all counts in the fatal shooting of Philando Castile.

After 27 hours of deliberation spanning five days, the jury of seven men and five women, including two people of color, reached its verdict shortly after 2 p.m. Friday. It was read in court at 2:45 p.m. Castile’s family angrily stormed out as soon as the verdicts were read. After the first not guilty verdict was read for the manslaughter charge, defense attorney Earl Gray leaned over and squeezed Yanez’s shoulders.

Jurors remained stoic, with little reaction. Prosecutors are expected to address the media at 5 p.m.

www.startribune.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

After all Soros and his puppets are after all promoting "The Summer of Rage"!!

Buckle up folks!

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
While I believe it should be reported if it occurs, I think a "riot watch" thread is in poor taste. It's something CNN or TMZ would do.

ATS should be above this kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Looks like there is a rally/demonstration scheduled at the capital around 7pm.

Good link here

mg

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

This is the CIVIL UNREST forum for crying out loud!

If you don't like it, LEAVE.

PS: could your name be more ironic, watchitburn?
edit on 16-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is the definition of low information reaction. Unless those people know the entirety of the case, their actions are in vain. I suppose that's the norm.

Yanez approached the car window and asked Castile for his license and proof of insurance, which the driver handed over, the complaint states. Castile also told Yanez he had a firearm on him, and seconds later, the officer told the driver not to pull out the gun. Castile said he was not taking out the gun, which Reynolds echoed. Yanez screamed, “Don’t pull it out” and pulled his own gun out, firing seven shots at Castile, the complaint states.

The officer already had his license. He was reaching for something AGAIN. Do the math.
edit on 16-6-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: watchitburn

This is the CIVIL UNREST forum for crying out loud!

If you don't like it, LEAVE.

PS: could your name be more ironic, watchitburn?

I'll post wherever I feel like it.

But if you insist on representing and catering to the lowest common denominator, by all means I hope you enjoy yourself.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Just to add...

The Girlfriend live streamed the event...just saying

mg

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Maybe this will attract the violent leftist cop killer organizers in one place so Trump can round them all up at once.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

Just to add...

mg

After the event. Just enough to miss all the important context....just saying.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Boy, if I was Officer Geronimo I think I'd get the hell out of Dodge for awhile. Maybe pack up the family and boogie on out to greener pastures in some rural area that has a voter base more respectful of LEOs and less likely to come after him with torches and pitchforks over their desired narrative not being coddled by the jury.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It's just another case of a dead man's word against a cop.
They usually have the same outcome.

Cameras would sort this mess out.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Given all circumstances, I would wager that there is actual evidence to support the acquittal. I'm sure we'll find out long after everyone has a shot at being a media tool.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
It's just another case of a dead man's word against a cop.
They usually have the same outcome.

Cameras would sort this mess out.

There was a camera involved in this. It sorted the actual mess out. The current mess is the result of children who grew up never hearing the word "no" from anyone in authority.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Given all circumstances, I would wager that there is actual evidence to support the acquittal. I'm sure we'll find out long after everyone has a shot at being a media tool.
:

Generally speaking there doesn't need to be evidence to prove innocence, just a lack of evidence to prove guilt.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is just a messed up case.

Mr. Castille was a suspect in an armed robbery. He wasn't necessarily the robber, but he "fit the description" and that was one of the reasons they were pulled over. The officer was already jumpy as a result.

Mr. Castille then allegedly told the officer he was armed and the officer told him not to reach for the weapon. Unfortunately, Mr. Castille did... we know him and Lavish Diamond like to smoke weed from her social media posts, so maybe they were high and didn't understand the officer's commands.

Regardless, this seems to fall under the not following instructions tragedy that is so common with these types of cases.

My issue is that the black community activists use these cases to bolster an argument for institutional racism and all we wind up doing is discrediting ourselves. Instead of waiting to see the actual facts of a case, we immediately jump to conclusions and hold up these questionable examples only to have them shot down. It helps no one.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
This is the definition of low information reaction. Unless those people know the entirety of the case, their actions are in vain. I suppose that's the norm.

Yanez approached the car window and asked Castile for his license and proof of insurance, which the driver handed over, the complaint states. Castile also told Yanez he had a firearm on him, and seconds later, the officer told the driver not to pull out the gun. Castile said he was not taking out the gun, which Reynolds echoed. Yanez screamed, “Don’t pull it out” and pulled his own gun out, firing seven shots at Castile, the complaint states.

The officer already had his license. He was reaching for something AGAIN. Do the math.
Even if he had not already handed his license over, he was warned to stop reaching. When an officer gives a reasonable order you obey it. Especially after stating you are armed. Play with fire, get burned.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

Just to add...

mg

WHen is the video of the event? I've seen the aftermath video.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Dude, I am white and I was always taught to be respectful if a LEO decided to pull me over. It's just common sense! They put up with a lot of BS and especially in todays environment where it seems trendy for a certain segment of society who has been lead to believe the police are their enemy!

I am guessing, but just being polite, courteous and compliant got me off the hook about 5 times in my youth. Being a dickhead to a law enforcement officer certainly isn't going to make life easy for you no matter what color you are!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join