It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump backs out of Obamas agreement with Cuba!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: seeker1963

No, you are misrepresenting what i wrote to 'win' an argument. That is a strawman attack.

I work at a bar, my boats are pleasure boats, i dont run charters.

If I want to go Cuba all I have to do is butvmy boat on a 170 course and I'll end up near Marina Hemingway.

You appear to be trying to drown out meaning conversation here with baseless accusations.

So tell me have you ever been to Cuba?

Have you ever done research(that is not US propaganda) on Cuba's history?

Have you ever heard of Batista before this thtead?

You make money of your boats right? If you are doing it for free I am wrong, if you are making money off of your venture, I am right!

Doesn't matter if I know any Cubans, my questions and reasoning are common sense, the fact you are going so off the freaking wall tells me I hit a nerve and that most likely means I spoke some truth!

Hell you yourself said, no matter what happens you continue to do what you do! I imagine it isn't for humanitarian reasons but for you wallet?
edit on 16-6-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

No. My boats cost me money. Please look up the acronym for BOAT.

Again, i do not run charters. My boats are not charter boats, they are personal pleasure boats.

I make money slinging drinks at a bar.

The fact you once again misrepresent what I wrote to attack me, tells me you are not here to have a productive conservation. You are just trying to hijack and muddy the thread.

So what do you know about Cuban history?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

No. My boats cost me money. Please look up the acronym for BOAT.

Again, i do not run charters. My boats are not charter boats, they are personal pleasure boats.

I make money slinging drinks at a bar.

The fact you once again misrepresent what I wrote to attack me, tells me you are not here to have a productive conservation. You are just trying to hijack and muddy the thread.

So what do you know about Cuban history?

I didn't attack you! Jesus Christ, I even said I understand how losing money would upset you did I not? Discussion over! You aren't even capable of having a discussion, just calling me a strawman, strawman without answering one simple question, how much money do you make off of your "Pleasure boats". You certainly aren't doing it for free and if they are so expensive to keep up you would be an idiot to do it at a loss?
edit on 16-6-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: kurthall

I thought this was one of the few smart things Obama did.

I can only hope that something better comes from this, but it does feel like we took a step backwards instead of forwards.

Yeah me too.

Smart= opposite Trump

Trump trying to look tough as his forign policy so far is a embarrassing failure but all hes done is make the USA look even more stupid.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Can we please get this guy out of the white house.. seriously.

You get the president you deserve

And when partasian politics resulted in a election where you have two of the most vile candidates in Trump verse hillary ........ you deserve trump.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Sorry, but why should the United States be a doormat for Dictators who get to benefit from diplomacy while giving nothing back?

Well maybe start with Saudi Arabia then....

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I never once said(wrote) I personally make money off Cuba tourism. It must be your reading comprehension that has failed you. I make money bartending/serving, not running boats

All you have done here was drown out meaningful dialect with strawman attacks. (Google it)

Why do you think open trade/ tourism with Cuba is bad?

edit on 16-6-2017 by jrod because: Bold

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Another fantastic move.
Now Cuba may realise they are going to need to listen to their people if they want any help from the US.
If NOTHING is left from Obama's 8 years that would make Trump the greatest President of all time.
For those complaining, I can only assume you are all for imprisoning political enemies, rigged elections, and no free speech and being rewarded for it.

Well the USA is happy to deal with the saudis.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think there are plenty of presidents that have made America look stupid.

Trump wasn't the first, he won't be the last.

Like anything else, I hope something good can come from this.

If not?

Oh well. Maybe the next president will do something different.

Oh, and really? Americans make America look stupid. Honey Boo Boo makes America look stupid. We don't own the monopoly on leaders that do stupid things, but we definitely weren't ####ing geniuses when Obama was in office!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

He just made a deal with the Saudis, why? Because of MONEY!

Obama kissed their ring!

Were you outraged then?

I was.

Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Trump didn't back out of the deal, he just added more restrictions and more benefits for the Cuban people.

I guess people here doesn't want that, or either don't want political prisoners to be free, or the Cuban people to benefit from the money of the US tourist spending in Cuba, or for the Cubans to have elections.

Is all about how bad Trump is for correcting the mistakes of Obama. Obama the frog king.

What a joke.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: seagull

We didn't make Cuba an enemy, Cuba made Cuba an enemy. Thus, I don't see the US as the one that should be reaching out or really even giving two damns about this matter.

Canada and the UK where also enemies once maybe Trump should makes enemies of us too? Cause reigniting old vendettas is such a great idea....

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
He didn't back out of much. He like this part and kept it:

"Trump, however, stopped short of breaking diplomatic relations restored in 2015 after more than five decades of hostilities. He also will not cut off recently resumed direct U.S.-Cuba commercial flights or cruise-ship travel, though his more restrictive policy seems certain to dampen new economic ties overall.

The administration, according to one White House official, has no intention of “disrupting” existing business ventures such as one struck under Obama by Starwood Hotels Inc, which is owned by Marriott International Inc, to manage a historic Havana hotel."

But, he didn't like the small business success from the improving economic ties and screwed real Cubans that live there, unlike the invading corporations:
"But ordinary Cubans said they were crestfallen to be returning to an era of frostier relations with the United States with potential economic fallout
for them.
www.reuters.com...

"It's going to really hurt me because the majority of my clients are from the United States," said Enrique Montoto, 61, who rents rooms on U.S. online home-rental marketplace Airbnb, which expanded into Cuba in 2015."

One way of killing the hotel competition.

edit on 16-6-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
We had a fantastic opportunity to do some real business with Cuba. Now the Chinese will move in and modernize the country and turn it into a tourist mecca....

Thanks trump you covfefe!! Thru free enterprise we could have made some fantasist deals. Trump is as foolish a businessman as he is a politician.

Get off twitter and actually do some research about the global economy you fool.

We could have changed Cuba politically by being economically friendly and establishing a financial interest but that dumb ass felt the need to look tough for the alt right base.

There are billions of barrels of oil off Cubas coast now it will be controlled by the Chinese. Brilliant Donald!!

edit on 16-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The USA makes a nice chunk of money off of the Saudis. Nixon's energy czar negotiated a nice deal in the 70s by which OPEC countries reinvest billions of petrodollars back into the country via using them to purchase US Treasury bonds. Combined into a single entity, OPEC is the 3rd largest holder of US debt, while taken alone Saudi Arabia alone holds $120 Billion. SA is also one of the US' main vehicle and machinery export destinations. We deal with the Saudis because the relationship makes money in US dollars for the USA... and that's without even going down the rabbit hole of the dollar being the world reserve currency and the primary exchange medium by which oil is valued around the globe.

To be blunt, I'd much rather be friendly with Saudi Arabia and pay $3 a gallon for gas than stifle them over ideological and "feel good" reasons and pay $8, $9, or $10 a gallon. That decision wouldn't make any fiscal sense at all.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Thru free enterprise we could have made some fantasist deals.

Fantasist: A person who imagines or dreams about something desired.
Dreams about imaginary deals don't make those deals come true, man. They'd still be pipe dreams at best. Cuba's GDP is $72 Billion, they have next to nothing in resources, they presently have the 3rd worst economic freedom index ranking in the world, Their only real exports of note are sugar, tobacco, and rum... which combine for a gross total of $700 Million worth of exports, or less than 1,4% of the world's sugar, 1% of the world's tobacco, and a third of a percent of the world's liquor exports. In other words, what deals? Seriously, trade with Cuba seems about as lucrative as allowing a homeless guy to test drive a Lexus.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

before the Revolution in Cuba... the Island resort was a Gambling Mecca...a basic blueprint for Vegas which evolved that was not Mob controlled

Fulgencio Batista was the Cuban right-wing dictator overthrown by communists led byFidel Castro.
Despite support for Batista from America during his rule, nothing was done by the superpower to stop his fall from power.

see: www.historylearningsite.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Cuba is a Communist country. Obama was wrong to establish ties with Cuba.

He did it after the election, it was done for revenge against Trump winning Florida; that's exactly what happened.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Normalizing relations with Cuba was / is a good thing. Trump is making a poor decision.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Trump is doing the right thing, trying to make sure the money goes to the Cuban citizens and not the Cuban Dictatorship/Military. Obama's involvement was meant to prop up the Castro regime with financial gains that they desperately needed since they couldn't get it anymore from their allies because of the oil drop.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join