It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump backs out of Obamas agreement with Cuba!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Trumps presidency is strictly to settle a vendetta with the former potus, thats it. If Obama cured cancer, Trump will ban the cure basically.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I have been to Cuba and their infrastructure, their standard of living is higher than most of the Caribbean, including Puerto Rico.

Yes they do not have much in the way luxury, but they are not starving, their people are taken care of.

Also they have better healthcare than US citizens....

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
For those complaining, I can only assume you are all for imprisoning political enemies, rigged elections, and no free speech and being rewarded for it.

aka: in favor of doing business with most of the non western world (as we do).

Cuba however is different because...reasons.

feckless partisanship bro

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well, while reading the article I found this and it says that Cuba is willing to talk a deal with the USA. www.cnn.com...

So Trump's action is kind of a big show, he already had this on the table with the leaders of Cuba already. I think this will go fairly well. Boy, Trump likes to glorify things doesn't he.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I would ask you how does anything improve if someone doesn't make the effort?

Cuba as a friend is a vast improvement over Cuba as an enemy, and this agreement was a beginning. If Trumps intent is to improve upon the deal--great. But if it's an attempt to return to the "good ol' days", then not so great.

As an ally, the US can help guide the aftermath of the Castro regimes demise, as bad as Castro was, Batista was no better. Better us, than China, or, as unlikely as it may seem, Russia; as Cuba's partner.

If Trumps intent is to totally abrogate the agreement with no replacement, that is totally and completely misguided idiocy on the part of the administration--not to mention short sighted in the extreme.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Trump just turned Florida red for 2020.

He's without a doubt going to win re-election.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Also they have better healthcare than US citizens....

Ah, that old chestnut.
Cuba has an Orwellian healthcare system by which all are created equal, but some (foreigners with money, the ruling class, and personal confidants of the rulers) are more equal than others (the common Cuban)
www.therealcuba.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.nytimes.com...
www.nationalreview.com...
www.nytimes.com... wh=99857A177C57BF9B8D564AE9506125D2&gwt=pay

Oh, and not a low standard of living you say? Well, let's tie that together with the healthcare issue and slap one out of the park...
blog.acton.org...

But Cuba is near the bottom of the least when it comes to compensating health care professionals. Doctors in Cuba earn somewhere between $30 and $50 a month ($360 to $600 a year). At the high end, doctors with two specialties can earn as much as $67 per month.

What about cost of living? Isn’t it much cheaper to live in Cuba? No, in fact it can be quite expensive. A young doctor would have to work for more than a week just to afford a gallon of milk (average cost: $7.10). If he doesn’t have such expensive taste he can go forgo the dairy for cheaper fare: a pound of potatoes only cost about one day’s wage (90 cents).

Your threshold of "luxury" clearly sits a hell of a lot lower than my own, and probably lower than all but the most down and out bums on the street.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Most Floridians want the embargo to end.

I am a Florida native and can tell you, the few who oppose open relations with Cuba, while vocal, are greatly outnumbered by the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

We didn't make Cuba an enemy, Cuba made Cuba an enemy. Thus, I don't see the US as the one that should be reaching out or really even giving two damns about this matter.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

a reply to: xstealth

Most Floridians want the embargo to end.

I am a Florida native and can tell you, the few who oppose open relations with Cuba, while vocal, are greatly outnumbered by the rest of us.

You are hardly non biased though! You have already came out saying you are making bank on the old deal, so of course you are pissed! I don't blame you, however it makes me hard to trust you and your take on things considering you already admitted how it will hurt your income!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Conparing dollar figures from a communist country where citizens are given food, housing, coffee, even beer and trying to relate that to our capitalism outlook is trying to compare apples to oranges.

Does Cuba have problems? Of course, however the US embargo makes the life for the average Cuban tougher.

Trumps policy is like a privileged bully picking on the kid who gets free lunch at school because that kid won't share his dessert.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Nice strawman attempt.

Never said I was making bank on Cuba chartes, but tons of charter boats in South Florida have done well selling the Cuba vacation. Now they have to come up with a new business plan.

The irony is many of those company's owners were Trump supporters.
edit on 16-6-2017 by jrod because: Jabb

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Very stupid move. Trump has basically told the world they can't trust the US and the agreements they make.

a reply to: kurthall

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

To imply that the US was somehow faultless in the deterioration of relations is not quite accurate. If that's what you're doing...

Batista and his cronies were owned by US interests, or interests based out of the US, criminal and otherwise... They helped him retain power until Castro and his crowd succeeded in ousting him. Not much of an improvement, I'll grant you that.

But the time has come to let that enmity go. It's over. If we can have beyond civil relations with the govt. of Vietnam, why not Cuba?

I'm not saying don't be careful. But to return to the old animosity is foolish and short sighted and will cost us in the long run.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Nice strawman attempt.

Never said I was making bank on Cuba chartes, but tons of charter boats in South Florida have done well selling the Cuba vacation. Now they have to come up with a new business plan.

The irony is many of those company's owners were Trump supporters.

Was nothing strawman about it! You are the one who said you were making money off of your trips. I even said I understand how it would upset you!

I guess I was right to not trust your judgement if you want to go that direction?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well the deal is going to stay mostly the way Obama did it, what change is the way money is to be used.

Most Cuban Americans, Cuban refuges and immigrants in Florida are very pleased with the changes.
One of the agreement is that money generated from Tourism goes to help the Cuban people and not to finance the military, that is one of the best deals.

I find no problem with the request.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie
Very stupid move. Trump has basically told the world they can't trust the US and the agreements they make.

a reply to: kurthall

Or he basically told the world that Obama had bad judgement and some of it needs to be rescinded.

I guess it depends what lens you look at it through. I tend to believe Obama had bad judgement.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

No, you are misrepresenting what i wrote to 'win' an argument. That is a strawman attack.

I work at a bar, my boats are pleasure boats, i dont run charters.

If I want to go Cuba all I have to do is butvmy boat on a 170 course and I'll end up near Marina Hemingway.

You appear to be trying to drown out meaning conversation here with baseless accusations.

So tell me have you ever been to Cuba?

Have you ever done research(that is not US propaganda) on Cuba's history?

Have you ever heard of Batista before this thtead?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Perfectenemy

If Cuba would do business with Trump(i.e. let Trump build hotels and develop real estate there), then we would not such bully style restrictions in place.

The hypocrisy and ignorance displayed here is amazing, almost overwhelming.

Can anyone who is cheering this policy, explain to us Why dont we have restrictions againat Saudi Arabia?

Then prove that's the reasoning because if you wanna claim hypocrisy and ignorance, then I say your doing nothing but spreading propaganda. It's your opinion that Trumps reasoning is because they won't "do business". Definitely not a fact. I liked an article on the first page that explains his reasoning and it's CNN of all sources.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Cuba is a Communist country. Obama was wrong to establish ties with Cuba.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join