It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump backs out of Obamas agreement with Cuba!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Nice bait and it took me 5 seconds to blow your narrative to smithereens. The source is WaPo but whatever they can't alter everyhing Trump does. Thanks for playing though. Better luck next time.

Trump announces revisions to parts of Obama's cuba policy

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Inform us UKTRUTH, how does my healthcare affect yours. How do my presidents decisions affect you so deeply that you have spout out great job trump, when the MAJORITY of the people in MY country can't stand the man please UK truth let us know!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
I am on my tablet and can't post a link, could someone help me out and post it. It is on Yahoo, trumps speech.

So it seems trump is now backing out of our agreement with Cuba! WTH? Is this chump that jealous of Obama he has to overturn good things he has done? I can't believe this man!

www.cnn.com...

It was a campaign promise. Those of us who voted for him knew exactly what we were voting for and supporting. I, for one, applaud him for doing yet another thing I voted him into office to do.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It was a one sided bad deal for America, good for Trump he wins again.

Oh, and you can thank Obama for losing Florida for Hillary because of the bad deal he made. The Cuban exiles who fled from Castro's inhumane regime mobilized and came out in force against the Dems and lost Florida for Hillary. Nobody can win the Presidency without Florida.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Everyone needs to calm down and look at what is actually changing. Trump did not actually undo the entire Obama policy with Cuba, just the bad parts.

Trump is tightening restrictions on travel to the island and prohibit transactions with enterprises controlled by the country’s vast military, senior White House officials said.

In a 35-minute speech, Trump said:

“The previous administration's easing of restrictions on travel and trade does not help the Cuban people. They only enrich the Cuban regime.

The regime takes the money and owns the industry. The outcome of the last administration's executive action has been only more oppression.

“Our new policy begins with strictly enforcing U.S. law. We will not lift sanctions on the Cuban regime until all political prisoners are free, freedom of expression is guaranteed, all political parties are legalized, and free and internationally recognized elections take place.”

This was a promise made by Trump when he was campaigning, and as we know, Trump keeps his promises. The Cubans in Florida seem happy.

Before Trump arrived at the Manuel Artime Theater, Lt. Gov. Carlos-Lopez-Cantera welcomed the crowd. He said it was a great day for the Cuban people and that "only in America can the son of Cuban immigrants become lieutenant governor of Florida."

The restive crowd chanted "USA! USA! " and an elderly man in the front row led the crowd in "God Bless America," but the audience soon settled back in to the buzz of conversations.

U.S. Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, who advocated the changes the president announced Friday, said he has a message for the Cuban people: “President Trump stands with you.”

The directive won’t totally erase Obama’s normalization of relations with Cuba. The U.S. would continue to maintain diplomatic relations with its former Cold War foe, keeping embassies open in Havana and Washington.

Donald Trump, in Little Havana

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

He just made a deal with the Saudis, why? Because of MONEY!

Uh, it is what makes the world go 'round. I can't feed my family on sunshine, farts, and patchouli vapors... though there seem to be some inside this country that believe simple existence should qualify anyone for all of life's marbles, it DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. If it don't make dollars then
and GTFO.

The deal with Cuba did not benefit the USA in any way. Hell, the country is still ruled by the same genetics that practically pushed the US to the brink of nuclear war 55 years ago. They have not changed... why in the hell should we?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Wrong. You think the majority is against Trump but it's in fact only the loudest group that wants him gone. Didn't you learn anything when the silent majority slapped Hillary in the face? I mentioned many times that people like you need to move on and let Trump govern the country. Let it go.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Oh, and you can thank Obama for losing Florida for Hillary because of the bad deal he made.

Obviously people who know nothing about Cuba outside of whatever their talking picture box tells them and who never lived under or had close relatives who escaped from Castro's living hell have a firmer grasp on how wonderful Cuba and Cuban politics are. All those former Cubans who truly risked their lives to flee the butcherous SOB in crap like bathtubs roped to oil drums floating across the Pacific to voluntarily live in squalid refugee camps where they knew they'd be beat to hell but at least they weren't under Fidel clearly have no clue as to what Cuba is all about, unlike the enlightened who have amassed their knowledge from media, books, and equally sheltered activists with loud mouths and louder opinions.

:rolleyes:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I was responding to a COMMENT, that's why I brought up the Saudis.....

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

He just made a deal with the Saudis, why? Because of MONEY!

The impression I get is Trump did this because Cuba will not let Trump build hotels in Cuba.

I live in Key West is many friends have made good money taking tourists to Cuba on their yachts. This move hurts the local economy here.

Regardless of the policy change, I will sail to Cuba again within the month.
edit on 16-6-2017 by jrod because: Cellphone err

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Have you ever been Cuba? Have you talked to Cubans in Cuba?

The refugee problem was directly related to the 'wet foot, dry foot' policy the US enacted that gave Cubans who made it to the US citizenship. Once Obama ended this policy, the refugees stopped coming.

No more Cuban rafters, Coast Guard says

“April was the first month in seven years where we didn’t have one Cuban migrant, not one,” Admiral Paul F. Zukunft, Commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard told The Wall Street Journal. “On a typical day at this time last year, we would probably pick up anywhere from 50 to 150 Cuban migrants.”

The remarkable change is due to a drastic measure taken during the last days of the Obama administration in negotiation with the Cuban government: the elimination of an immigration policy for Cubans known as “wet foot, dry foot.”

PS, Cuba is surrounded by the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean. Claiming they floated across the Pacific shows an informed reader that you are very ill informed about Cuba.
edit on 16-6-2017 by jrod because: Add link

edit on 16-6-2017 by jrod because: Quote

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah i never understood why keeping campaign promises is suddenly a bad thing. It makes zero sense. I would love a leader who actually does what he has promised. Merkel for instance promised tax reductions and nearly 13 years later we are still waiting for those. Thanks Merkel.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Foooph.

I'm betwixt and between on this.

What does the US get out of opening up relations with Cuba? Why do we need to always get something? It opens a door that has needed opening for the entirety of my life. Fifty plus years.

Enough. More than enough. The regime in Cuba won't survive the Castros. With our foot in the door, maybe, just maybe an enemy (?) can be turned into a friend/ally, maybe both.

I have several friends whose families were forced to flee Cuba, and they were against opening relations again, but as they grow older, most of them are older than I am, they've begun to wonder if they might just be able to go home. They love it here, and have made lives, but it's not "home". It's Castro they hated, not Cuba.

I'm with them. That, and I want to be able to buy good cigars!!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yet he can make a billion dollar weapons deal with Saudi Arabia

Trump has no morality, believe me this wasn’t based on any

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

If Cuba would do business with Trump(i.e. let Trump build hotels and develop real estate there), then we would not such bully style restrictions in place.

The hypocrisy and ignorance displayed here is amazing, almost overwhelming.

Can anyone who is cheering this policy, explain to us Why dont we have restrictions againat Saudi Arabia?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
PS, Cuba is surrounded by the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean. Claiming they floated across the Pacific shows an informed reader that you are very ill informed about Cuba.

No, it was a simple brain fart. I haven't been on the Atlantic in 2 decades, whereas I live right smack on the Pacific in the Cook Inlet of Alaska.

I have not visited Cuba, but I sure have known plenty of Cubans over the years, including the one my cousin married.

The refugee problem was directly related to the 'wet foot, dry foot' policy the US enacted that gave Cubans who made it to the US citizenship.

Duh. In absence of that policy, Cubans arriving in the US sans visas are returned immediately to Cuban, and handed over to a Cuban government legendary for imprisoning, torturing, and crushing anyone who tried (and failed) to escape from their island. They were trying to escape from communist driven poverty and brutality, not piss off the communist leadership and make their received treatment from that same leadership even more brutal.
edit on 16-6-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Why do we need to always get something?

Because life isn't a charity ball or a warm fuzzy brigade with a daily box of kittens and puppies frolicking around everyone's feet. It's the same reason very, very few people make paper airplanes out of $100 bills and throw them off the top of a cliff in a windstorm... why reach out if there's nothing tangible to be had in doing so? This is true in personal dealings to some degree, but it becomes a MANDATORY requirement when you're talking about governments who are handling money that isn't theirs, but rather belongs solely to the people they taxed to obtain it. If it doesn't pay for itself AND yield monetary benefits, then it should never be done by governments, period.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Hazardous1408

UK truth acts like the biggest trump supporter on the p!anet, everything from A-Z.....arguing for things he personally will in NO WAY affect HIM but it does thgopse who have to live with this liar and chief!!!!!

What's with the multiple
stuff on all your posts?
You do realise that it makes it even less likely anyone will listen to you, right?
Continue, though, it's quite funny.

edit on 16/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

"I am canceling the last administration's completely one-sided deal with Cuba," Trump said.

Casting the Obama administration as people who looked the other way on the Castro regime's human rights violations,
Trump said that he, as President, will "expose the crimes of the Castro regime."

The previous administration's easing of restrictions of travel and trade does not help the Cuban people. They only enrich the Cuban regime."

indeed... Trump has the goal of deals that benefit America First... the Obama deal let the Cuban suppressive Military take charge of setting up travel & business enterprises by the Cuban People as the basis of Trade/commerce/interaction with the USA..... how is that Obama deal great ?

Trump is setting up a new, rejuvenated mass of Cuban citizens as the Agents that will drive the new Economy...
instead of having the Communist Government and Military running=-the-show of renewed 'open-borders' with the many USA businesses ready to set up shop operations in Cuba with Cuban citizen partners

Obama's deal was a USA on-ITs-knees, and paying the repressive Communist government for limited contact with the people of Cuba getting the trickle-down pennies that fall thru the cracks of A system that requires the Bribing of officials for a chance at a piece-of-the-pie
edit on th30149764935016422017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Hazardous1408

UK truth acts like the biggest trump supporter on the p!anet, everything from A-Z.....arguing for things he personally will in NO WAY affect HIM but it does thgopse who have to live with this liar and chief!!!!!

And this policy effects you how? I'd love to hear the mental gymnastics on how this impacts you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join