It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump backs out of Obamas agreement with Cuba!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I am on my tablet and can't post a link, could someone help me out and post it. It is on Yahoo, trumps speech.

So it seems trump is now backing out of our agreement with Cuba! WTH? Is this chump that jealous of Obama he has to overturn good things he has done? I can't believe this man!

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I thought this was one of the few smart things Obama did.

I can only hope that something better comes from this, but it does feel like we took a step backwards instead of forwards.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Trump is playing the game where he's blaming a people for the wrong doings of generations passed. Same as the people who blame Germans for the holocaust or people in America for enslaving their culture.

Pretty pathetic.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Can we please get this guy out of the white house.. seriously.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I can only hope that something better comes from this, but it does feel like we took a step backwards instead of forwards.

What are we getting out of Obama's deal?

Cuba still gives us the middle finger!

Sorry, but why should the United States be a doormat for Dictators who get to benefit from diplomacy while giving nothing back?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Thank you for the link!!!!!

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Ok, that seals it for me. Trump ran just to get revenge on Obama for mocking him years ago.

He seems hellbent on dismantling Obama's legacy, even the good parts. He's cutting off our noses to spite Obama.

What a grown up.

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Another fantastic move.
Now Cuba may realise they are going to need to listen to their people if they want any help from the US.
If NOTHING is left from Obama's 8 years that would make Trump the greatest President of all time.
For those complaining, I can only assume you are all for imprisoning political enemies, rigged elections, and no free speech and being rewarded for it.

edit on 16/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What are we getting out of Obama's deal?

Cuba still gives us the middle finger!

Sorry, but why should the United States be a doormat for Dictators who get to benefit from diplomacy while giving nothing back?

I remember these arguments when Obama did it.

My reply is still the same.

It gets our foot in the door, no matter how limited. It removes us from the specter of "interfering" with another government.

The Castro Regime is dying whether we do something or nothing.

It would be better if we had a presence there after it died instead of establishing one after every other nation swoops in.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

UK truth? Do you even live in the US?!!! If not worry about your own country, your opinion is not even valid if you don't live here and have to live with OUR policies, as the UK is NOT America!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
From what I read, Trump thinks the Cuban regime is still very oppressive of its citizens and is the reasoning to his stance. Is that true?

Although Trump said he was "completely" canceling Obama's Cuba policy, the change is posture is only a partial shift from Obama's policy.

Diplomatic relations between the United States and Cuba will remain open, as will the newly opened embassies in Washington and Havana. And there will be no further restrictions on the types of goods that Americans can take out of Cuba, including the country's popular rum and cigars.
Trump said he is keeping the embassy open "in the hope that our countries can forge a much stronger and better path."

The changes do, however, tighten restrictions on Cuba and ratchet up rhetoric on the Castro regime in hopes that it will lead to a transition of power on the island. Many presidents, though, have predicted the end of the Castros and, to date, none have been correct.

CNN

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

UK truth? Do you even live in the US?!!! If not worry about your own country, your opinion is not even valid if you don't live here and have to live with OUR policies, as the UK is NOT America!

You know nothing about me or my involvement with the US.

link   

Put simply...

That's BS of a high degree.

Even if I agree this is a bad deal...
I'm from the UK so me agreeing with you on that must be worthless.

SMDH.

link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

He just made a deal with the Saudis, why? Because of MONEY!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Trump is just playing to his alt right base and trying to win back favor from Hispanics.

His credibility is has been tweeted to death and now just a parody of himself.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

UK truth acts like the biggest trump supporter on the p!anet, everything from A-Z.....arguing for things he personally will in NO WAY affect HIM but it does thgopse who have to live with this liar and chief!!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Go make a thread about it. This is about Cuba, not Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Trump unveils new restrictions on travel, business with Cuba

"I am canceling the last administration's completely one-sided deal with Cuba," Trump said.

Casting the Obama administration as people who looked the other way on the Castro regime's human rights violations, Trump said that he, as President, will "expose the crimes of the Castro regime."
"They made a deal with a government that spread violence and instability in the region and nothing they got, think about it, nothing they got, they fought for everything and we just didn't fight hard enough, but now, those days are over," Trump said. "We now hold the cards. The previous administration's easing of restrictions of travel and trade does not help the Cuban people. They only enrich the Cuban regime."

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Obama kissed their ring!

Were you outraged then?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join