It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grenfell Tower Fire - the resident's blog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Like many people, I have been watching the full horror of this most horrific of tragedies unfurl on the news and in the papers.

There is a lot of anger surrounding all of this and tensions are running high.

By way of a bit of background for those who are not familiar with area, the tower block in question is located in one of, if not the richest parts of London. Houses in this area probably cost millions of pounds and yet here in the heart of this affluent community stood a tower that was occupied predominantly by people who had travelled to the UK from Africa - the very poorest people in society. The juxtaposition of the rich and the poor in this area could not be starker.

This is in part why people are so angry I suppose. Whilst millionaire professionals lived in large houses and mansion flats there is a very real question mark hanging over the decisions taken in respect of the social housing provided to the poor.

Anyway, when this story broke, some journalists referred to a blog written by a residents action group nearly a year earlier. I think I have tracked down that blog and would be grateful if my fellow ATSers would also take a look.
grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Indeeed and the reason the tower was refurbished with the crappy cladding was just so it looked better as viewed by the rich homes. This was all down to " looks" and the same cladding was going to be used on other towers in this borough. Won't now I hope.

Some of the Victims
edit on 16-6-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Just realised that this has been posted in completely the wrong place - sorry posting from a mobile is not that easy!

Please feel free to move.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Inc_9x
Just realised that this has been posted in completely the wrong place - sorry posting from a mobile is not that easy!

Please feel free to move.

Maybe that's why I'm not able to star your post

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Here's a good place to continue:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Or indeed here :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16-6-2017 by Mikeapollo because: Corrected URL

new topics