It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Balance - The List of Attacks by Conservatives is Also Disturbing

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It is a tough subject and I agree 100% with this:

I personally feel that we should not blame anyone but the actual nuts for their actions.

However, it is perfectly reasonable to look at the reasoning they may have had for their actions, and see if we can use that to make adjustments.

You can see flashes of it here and there.

Do folks on the Right think that the average person on the Left doesn't cringe when we see a dumbass white college kid screeching that he "hates white people?" Of course we do. Do we shake our heads when we see a riot to shutdown a speaking engagement by Milo Yiannopoulous? You bet. And it drives me nuts to see idiots talking about "safe spaces."

I can only assume that there are similar reactions from those on the Right when they see Richard Spencer giving his, "Hail victory! Hail Trump!" salute. I'm sure it's uncomfortable too when a GOP politician gets busted dropping the N-bomb. And I'm guessing most people on the Right are actually repulsed by the likes of a man like Kevin Swanson saying that gay people should be murdered using OT punishments — not that different from ISIS hate preaching.

Yet when we get these things thrown in our faces and people demand we account for then, we reflexively go on the defense. It's a normal response to being attacked. Few support these things so they won't defend them but disavowing any sort of ideological kinship rarely yields a result. What's that leave?

"Well what about this guy? Huh?! Look at that person from your political tribe!"

We trap eachother and ourselves in a vicious cycle of tit-for-tat. Even this thread to some degree, despite my intentions, is a part of that cycle. The best we can do is try to get enough people to stop doing it and break the cycle but then we risk finding ourselves ignoring real issues that should lead to some introspection and reflection on the state of our politics.

In a way, it's like having somebody insult a member of your family. "Yeah, my brother is an asshole but he's my brother. I can say he's an asshole but if you do, you're getting punched in the mouth."

So I think maybe the answer is for everyone to stop exploiting examples of the most extreme individuals to smear one another and we should then take that opportunity to clean up our houses.

I dunno, I'm slightly intoxicated now and definitely rambling.
edit on 2017-6-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Fair enough. Roof is definitely on the very outer fringe. I'll concede that when it comes to Trump, there's a level of hysteria that has led to an unfortunate acceptance or at least acquiescence to or permissiveness of an excess of violent imagery.

That's not to say that it's without very recent precedent from the other end of the spectrum.

Do you not remember the eight years of Obama being called a traitor and that being allowable in mainstream conservatism? Run this search in Google:

site:www.abovetopsecret.com traitor obama

A few of the results from the first page:

Barack Obama Is a Traitor (2009)
Is President Obama guilty of High Treason? (2011)
Everyone Who Voted for Obama is a Traitor to the US (2012)

This is from March of this year:

Barack Obama's close confidante Valerie Jarrett has moved into his new DC home (staging a coup)?

Obama is like a stage 4 cancer that just will not go away.

So my question is how do you deal with an attempted coup? I'm thinking drone strike. I know some of you will say that the president can't just drone an American citizen, but it has been done before. Oh yeah by Obama himself. I say turnabout is fair play! In my opinion Obama is a traitor to this country and to our constitution!

Openly calling for the assassination of the former president? Maybe ATS isn't the best source to sample to determine what's acceptable in the mainstream?

Ted Nugent’s repeated calls for Obama’s death didn’t stop Trump from hosting him at the White House

Nugent’s 2012 comments about Obama — who he has called a “piece of s--t” and a “subhuman mongrel” — are far from the only threat he’s made against prominent Democrats. As the Daily Beast chronicled, Nugent discussed shooting Harry Reid during the National Rifle Association’s annual meeting in 2015. In January 2016, he called for both Obama and Clinton to “be tried for treason & hung.” Nugent once called Clinton a “worthless b---h” and called for her to “ride one of these [guns] into the sunset.” He told Obama to “suck on my machine gun.”

Trump co-chair wishes death on Obama, calls 1st lady male

A wealthy businessman who co-chaired president-Elect Donald Trump's state campaign confirmed to The Associated Press on Friday that he told an alternative newspaper he hoped President Barack Obama would die from mad cow disease and that the first lady would "return to being a male."

Carl Paladino, a millionaire real estate developer who unsuccessfully ran for governor in 2010 as a Republican, made the comments in response to a survey by Artvoice , a Buffalo publication that asked local artists, performers and business owners for their New Year's wish list.

Asked what he would most like to happen in 2017, Paladino responded that he hoped "Obama catches mad cow disease after being caught having relations" with a cow, dies and is buried in a cow pasture.

Asked who he would like to see "go away," he said Michelle Obama.

"I'd like her to return to being a male and let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla," he wrote.

The inauguration of Obama was followed a month later by the formation of the Tea Party. The III%ers were founded a month after he was elected, in response to his election.

See what just happened? There was truth in what you said and I was willing to concede to your point but you delivered it wrapped up in an partisan insinuation. I was compelled to respond with what looks superficially to be tit-for-tat.

I believe we need to dial back the vitriol, particularly the allusions to violence but it's got to be a mutual drawdown.
edit on 2017-6-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This must be the counter thread to the one I just left a message in. lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This is 100% the Lefts Fault. Stop blaming the Right when it was a Leftist Assassination Premeditated plot.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

I just read through 6 pages of conservatives saying how unfair it would be to blame them for the examples that were given in the op...

and here you are with your blaming the Left, for this one...

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Matthew 7:5

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Blarneystoner

You are the one sorely in need of a history education my friend.

Start by up looking up the Klanbake rally at the 1924 DNC convention.

You seem to be missing the point. Yes, there were Democrats who were segregationists but the philosophy of segregation is not Liberal ideology... it is a Conservative ideology. Are you claiming that Republicans are Liberal? If so, you are the one sorely mistaken.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

How can you post this...

I'm not interested in arguing about who's more violent or who's more to blame.

Then list the examples you used?

Oh I get it..
It is the old "everybody does it" excuse so you don't have to deal with the facts of the actual case in question.
Gotcha
Carry on

(post by LiberLegit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm a bit shocked this thread exists. Are people really trying to justify this? it's textbook psychopath thinking... somewhere deep within, they themselves know this was wrong (the orchestrated attack on republican congressmen), however in order to clear their (the OP) conscience, they need to give an excuse to themselves...

the list of conservative (as the OP puts it) people who committed murder are just as crazy and messed up as the liberal guy last week - end of story. The common denominator is crazy evil people lashing out with their political, religious, ideological views... ISIS, Those crazy Baptists that protest soldier funerals... the list is never ending.

finding a common denominator to fit your personal needs is effed up beyond belief... i'll do some research and find if all these shooters wore Levi Jeans, if so, i'll blame that....

The OP needs a visit from a head doctor ....

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheErlenmeyerFlask
however in order to clear their (the OP) conscience, they need to give an excuse to themselves...

I doubt this. If anything it is a reply to the argument that only the left is violent because there are no right-wing rioters.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiberLegit

That's it? All of those combined doesn't even amount to 1 Muslim attack death toll. I hope the next truck of peace takes a detour right into your spine.

I seriously HOPE you didn't make a death threat against another member!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join