It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Balance - The List of Attacks by Conservatives is Also Disturbing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: seeker1963

Is that what ketsuko meant by what happened in virginia?

My reply was meant for Painterz who asked this question.

Out of curiosity has there ever been a left wing terrorist attack in America?

Sorry for the inconvenience!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: ketsuko

Actually it isn't.

Terrorist attacks are aimed indiscriminately.

Nope, Aiming attacks indiscriminately is not part of the definition of terrorism although it is a tactic that can be used to cause terror.

terrorism - the systematic use of terror, violence, and intimidation to achieve an end

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No problem.

Actually a good answer to that question.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So an armed group (intimidation) showing up at a protest is now terrorism?

Stretching things too far, if you ask me.

edit on 16-6-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Why are racially inspired attacks attributed to conservatives? I'm sure there are there are those situations where this is true, but to flatly associate racism with conservatives shows a false bias in perspective.
edit on 16-6-2017 by AntiDoppleganger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I see what your trying to do but it's not the same. This guy just hated blacks had nothing to do with politics. Being a racist is not just one party or the other they both are.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Meh both sides bat# crazy .

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I see what your trying to do but it's not the same. This guy just hated blacks had nothing to do with politics. Being a racist is not just one party or the other they both are.

If that guy was in a VOTING booth...

Tell me, would he vote DEMOCRAT though???

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Some branches even still vote Democrat because it's in their charter from all that time ago when Democrats were the Conservative party... some voted for Obama. LOL

I guess it's true, racism is indicative of lower intelligence.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AntiDoppleganger
Why are racially inspired attacks attributed to conservatives? I'm sure there are there are those situations where this is true, but to flatly associate racism with conservatives shows a false bias in perspective.

You should live in the Panhandle of Texas for a little while and confirm that it's not a "false bias"....

It's the very reason I leased my 180 acres of cotton and onions to a guy and left my old home place. Toxic atmosphere of Racism and faux Christianity. No thanks.

edit on 16-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

That hardly seems fair.

We know that the majority of black people vote democrat.

Would you also say that all black on white crime is to be associated with democrats?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is a tough subject.

I think its good that ante made this thread, and I don't mind the other one either.

Although it may bring out the worst in people, it is better to have a discussion and get thoughts out in the open rather than keep them buried.

I fully acknowledge that there are nuts in all ideologies, race, genders, religions, etc.

This does not mean we can't say some are worse or different, but at the end of the day, all people and groups have a dark side.

I personally feel that we should not blame anyone but the actual nuts for their actions.

However, it is perfectly reasonable to look at the reasoning they may have had for their actions, and see if we can use that to make adjustments.

So I ramble on about the deep state alot. If someone goes out and hurts someone while yelling about the deep state, I don't fee at all responsible. But if people on here pointed out how my words could have negatively influenced someone, thats a fair point, and that discussion may make me adjust my rhetoric to ensure I am hedging against violence.

So in that vain, I will continue to point out troubling things, and have debates on these issues.

But I know that all sides have nutjobs, and I only blame those people for their actions, even if I criticize ideologies that could be seen as justifying those actions.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Well, my dad can beat up your dad.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

That hardly seems fair.

Would you also say that all black on white crime is to be associated with democrats?

Some would say that. I've seen too many of that on Fox News.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TREESNAKE1111

Generalizing entire groups based off political affiliation is wrong? Who woulda thunk

Not Eric trump . He thinks democrats aren't even people . I wonder where he gets that attitude from .

Eric's right. Democrats aren't people. They're snowflakes.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I had to stop at Dylann Roof.

Roof was not a republican or even a conservative.

Roof burned the American flag. Show me one sane conservative who burns the US flag.

Roof waved the confederate battle flag, a flag created by DEMOCRATS.

The KKK was a DEMOCRAT orginization.

Anyone who thinks this is mic dropper is a joke:

"The KKK was a DEMOCRAT orginization"

I'm done talking to you. But please keep posting this garbage in my threads, your filler helps them get to the front page.

Uh, don't let facts get in the way.

Southern Democrats formed organizations that violently intimidated blacks and Republicanswho tried to win political power.The most prominent of these, the Ku Klux Klan, was formed in Pulaski, Tennessee, in 1865. Originally founded as a social club for former Confederate soldiers, the Klan evolved into a terrorist organization. It would be responsible for thousands of deaths, and would help to weaken the political power of Southern blacks and Republican

www.pbs.org...
edit on 6jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Grambler

That hardly seems fair.

Some would say that. I've seen too many of that on Fox News.

Well that's a terrible argument too

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Allow me to clear some things up since there seems to be a focus on Roof I guess? Out of the 10 I listed? Roof claimed inspiration of "conservative" beliefs. I am in no way trying to put the blame for any of these actions on anyone but the perpetrators.

Everything Known About Charleston Church Shooting Suspect Dylann Roof

Last Rhodesian was discovered at 8:03 a.m. on Saturday, June 20 when a Twitter user found a website registered under Roof's name. Emma Quangel told The Daily Beast she paid $49 to see what lied behind the domain and then discovered his personal website.

The website features a manifesto where Roof wrote he was radicalized via the Internet following the Trayvon Martin case. Roof wrote he researched "black on white violence," which took him to the website of South Carolina-based hate group the Council of Conservative Citizens (formerly the White Citizens' Council).

You can read his pro-segregation, white nationalist manifesto here.

While he's an unhinged extremist and bigtory is certainly not unique to the Right, Roof's views do fall on the political right. I know that's going to make people uneasy. It's not exactly a warm cozy feeling that somebody whose political views undoubtedly fell on the Left side tried to assasinate Republican politicians practicing for a charity baseball game either.

That's really the overaching point here. Nobody wants to be smeared by association to crazy assholes but when it comes to the reverse, hypocrisy abounds. This isn't to say that liberals shouldn't question why there are college kids who feel that it's right to riot to shutdown a public speaker or that conservatives shoudn't do some soul searching in regards to why it often seems that right-wing extremism has a racial or religious bigotry component.

What doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere is being in denial because reality is uncomfortable.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Why pretend that you have any idea what you're talking about? I just don't get it. Anyone who isn't a first order thinker regurgitating absurd propaganda memes knows why the point the poster was trying to make is stupid. Immediately.

Start here. More here, here, here and here.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Again, I agree with you. But I think that someone like Roof's views are very fringe, whereas, say, imagery of killing Donald Trump, or the demonization of conservatives is fairly mainstream.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join