It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Balance - The List of Attacks by Conservatives is Also Disturbing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: theantediluvian

Are you finding and excuse to justify the shooting in Washington?

Really?

Not at all. Please don't make s# up and attribute it to me.

What's the point then?

To show there is hate and violence on both sides not just left or right.

Maybe the sane members of the left and right should come together and denounce violent extremists on both ends of the spectrum in a joint effort rather than point fingers?

There has always been hate across all aspects of political ideology.

But I have not seen a time where such acts were defended, justified, marginalized so much as this.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: MisterSpock

Was going to say the grade school tit for tat sure makes us look like a real sophisticated bunch huh. We got a real good balance going on here.

Yup, sad to watch but frankly I blame myself for thinking that somehow this was a "better" group of people than your average social media dumpster.

I'm sure it used to be, but now nobody wants to do anything more than argue. No truth, no thought, no individuality or unique ideas. Just a bunch of regurgitated opinions blowing around like trash in the wind. I guess for some of us we are only still here out of habit. While I haven't been a member long, I lurked for years. It's kind of sad.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

What about the KKK dude that had a MICROWAVE weapon?

This KKK Guy Tried to Build an X-Ray Weapon To Kill Muslims and Obama, Feds Say

August 18, 2015

A trial is underway in Albany for a Ku Klux Klan member who allegedly planned to use a remote-controlled X-ray weapon hidden inside a van to vaporize Muslims in upstate New York and launch an attack on the White House.

Prosecutors are pursuing three charges against KKK member and former General Electric industrial mechanic Glendon Scott Crawford, who would face a minimum of 15 years in prison if found guilty.

He wasn't just ANY whack job ... he worked for GE as an "industrial mechanic".

Crawford called Islam an "opportunistic infection of human DNA" and noted that informant Matthews was just the third person in New York to know about his Klan membership. He also spoke with the informant about the ability to kill people with radiation, revealing the possibility for installing the weapon in a "Halal Meat" van and employing it against "human targets."

That's pretty FREAKY.
..death by x-rays?

edit on 16-6-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think we on the right have always said that we have a few out there. It would be stupid to try to say there aren't any. It's a big country with a lot of people in it.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

When it comes to incidents of violence and chaos like that, well, psychopathy doesn't pick a side. It's as simple as that.

Exactly. Most of these people were just looking for a justification to do what they were compelled to do with or without politics.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Predictably, in the wake of the shooting two days ago, there are some who refuse to take a stand against political violence regardless of which "side" it comes from. Instead, unable to pass up on an opportunity to engage in political point scoring, incapable of resisting the urge to smear their political opponents by exploiting the situation, they pluck the low hanging fruit.

I'm not interested in arguing about who's more violent or who's more to blame. The fact is that the entire political spectrum has its extremists because the propensity for extremism that leads to violence exists independent of the political leanings. We can blame one another, the media, politicians, whatever — it doesn't matter — the responsible party in every case is the perpetrator of the violence and if it wasn't politics that they used to justify their actions, it would be something else.

Those 10 are all from within the last 24 months. The last three are from the last three months. Let's stop pretending that this is one side's problem and not the other's. This is everyone's problem.

Thing is this guy was a mainstream liberal really, holding basic views not considered extreme like the cases you put up for consideration. In fact his views and dislikes are on display daily unlike the representatives of the extreme cases you offer.

And a very good case could be made that his actions were the product of mainstream provocation. Unlike all the nut cases the conservatives are being made to take credit for.
edit on 16-6-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You are very sick."

Says the guy who has over 125 threads in the mudpit crying about Trump.

Priceless.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Just for reference....

Let's not forget Hillary!

From this

To this!

I have many more, show me examples of the rhetoric from the so called leaders on the right!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

When it comes to incidents of violence and chaos like that, well, psychopathy doesn't pick a side. It's as simple as that.

Exactly. Most of these people were just looking for a justification to do what they were compelled to do with or without politics.

EXACTLY.

The two ENDS of each "side" actually loop back AROUND and meet.

The FAR right is a LOT like the FAR left in many respects.

Both are authoritarian.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

At every turn on this issue, you've gone for the tough guy retaliation talk. Then you have the nerve to come in here and try to smear me for trying to bring some perspective the topic instead of the countless circlejerks about "weaponized liberals" and other made up terms that I guess you prefer?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You don't know that. These could mostly be in fact political reactions. Dude at the ball park was CERTANLY on about his political conclusion. You trying to tell me he had a problem with baseball?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The funny thing is that there is no balance though.

The amount of attacks on Conservatives is 100:1 when compared to attacks on Liberals over political beliefs.

I was a very liberal person at one point and still am in some regards but became disgusted with this type of behavior from liberals and decided that I did not want to be associate with this behavior. And this is LONG before Trump ever even entered the political spectrum.

link   

At every turn on this issue, you've gone for the tough guy retaliation talk. Then you have the nerve to come in here and try to smear me for trying to bring some perspective the topic instead of the countless circlejerks about "weaponized liberals" and other made up terms that I guess you prefer?

This isnt perspective you offer really. This is an attempt to associate for a moral equivalence.

link   

You're not bringing perspective.

You're marginalizing it.

And I can go where ever I damn well want.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Right. Sad that political affiliation in America seems to be a platform for such. Shouldn't be...

The big man has probably had enough of the bull#.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: marg6043

Are you finding and excuse to justify the shooting in Washington?

Really?

Not at all. Please don't make s# up and attribute it to me.

What's the point then?

To show there is hate and violence on both sides not just left or right.

Maybe the sane members of the left and right should come together and denounce violent extremists on both ends of the spectrum in a joint effort rather than point fingers?

There has always been hate across all aspects of political ideology.

But I have not seen a time where such acts were defended, justified, marginalized so much as this.

Why so much hate? Its just politics.

Politicians at the end of the day are all just useless lying wind bags brought and bribed by some special intrest group. Hardly worth killing over.

UK we have our arguments but there is never such hate.

When a MP was murdered here it was not turned political , instead all sides banded together to denounce it.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

"And a very good case could be made that his actions were the product of mainstream provocation. Unlike all the nut cases the conservatives are being made to take credit for."

I'd just like to point out that Robert Lewis Dear Jr. killed a man at a planned parenthood right after Fox News and Carly Fiorina obsessed over the phony planned parenthood recordings for weeks, even unilaterally declaring them still valid after they were debunked as edited. After his arrest his justification for his actions was "No more baby parts."

Crazy or emotionally unbalanced people are suggestible, it's a given.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
For MORE perspective:

Over the past 10 years (2007-2016), domestic extremists of all kinds have killed at least 372 people in the United States. Of those deaths, approximately 74% were at the hands of right-wing extremists, about 24% of the victims were killed by domestic Islamic extremists, and the remainder were killed by left-wing extremists.

LINK

SEEMS like pot, meet kettle on ATS...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Here, people immediately started blaming Trump, conservatives, right-wing rhetoric for the actions of this guy.

It is what it is.

*shrugs*

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Oh hell he's just parroting what he's been programmed with.

They've been pushing their "culture war" & "second amendment remedies" for better than a decade now.

Even as recently as today we see their mouthpieces inciting thoughts of civil war.

The Washington Times’Judson Phillips, the founder of Tea Party Nation, echoed a similar sentiment in his analysis of Wednesday’s shooting. “The first skirmishes of a second American civil war have begun,” he wrote. “No, this is not a metaphorical analogy to that bloody conflict that killed approximately 620,000 Americans. It is an objective statement of the reality in America.” Since the election of 2016, the left has gone crazy. Their version of the tea party is called Resistance, and the spearhead of that is a loosely formed terrorist group called Antifa. Antifa is short for Anti-Fascist. The irony of their name is not lost on those who actually know history, as their tactics are straight from the fascist playbook.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Hate crimes have been on the rise since Obama beat them so badly.
In response they doubled down & helped Putin install Trump with his hateful ignorant rhetoric.

Now the rabble feel emboldened & crimes are multiplying at a record pace.

So let them dream their "Turner Diary" fantasy, I'll just warn them to be careful what you wish for.

K~

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join