It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Balance - The List of Attacks by Conservatives is Also Disturbing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Predictably, in the wake of the shooting two days ago, there are some who refuse to take a stand against political violence regardless of which "side" it comes from. Instead, unable to pass up on an opportunity to engage in political point scoring, incapable of resisting the urge to smear their political opponents by exploiting the situation, they pluck the low hanging fruit.

I'm not interested in arguing about who's more violent or who's more to blame. The fact is that the entire political spectrum has its extremists because the propensity for extremism that leads to violence exists independent of the political leanings. We can blame one another, the media, politicians, whatever — it doesn't matter — the responsible party in every case is the perpetrator of the violence and if it wasn't politics that they used to justify their actions, it would be something else.

Roof Gets Death

A unanimous jury sentenced Dylann Roof to death for killing nine black churchgoers as they attended Bible study in Charleston, South Carolina, in June 2015.

Lafayette shooter had history of right-wing web postings, erratic behavior

John Russell "Rusty" Houser -- the gunman in Thursday's movie theater shooting -- quietly arrived in Lafayette, Louisiana, this month, a 59-year-old man with a string of arrests and a record of "extreme erratic behavior," according to court documents. He'd been evicted from his house the previous year.

Planned Parenthood gunman: I'm on "righteous crusade"

Confessed Planned Parenthood gunman Robert Dear says the November shooting spree that killed three people and wounded nine was part of a "righteous crusade" he's on.

In a phone interview from jail, Dear, 57, told KRDO-TV in Colorado Springs he feels no guilt over his actions.

Dear said his victims were in "a war zone. They were there where the babies were being killed. You go to a war zone. That's what happens."

Jury convicts man who wounded Black Lives Matter protesters in Minnesota

Scarsella and three other men, all wearing face masks, went into an encampment outside a police station in north Minneapolis to livestream Black Lives Matter protests that had closed down a city block. Scarsella, who has a permit to carry a concealed weapon, brought a .45-caliber handgun and fired at demonstrators in what his attorneys say was self-defense. Prosecutors cited a number of texts Scarsella had sent to friends about shooting black people and accused the men of being white supremacists and trying to disrupt the protest.

3 Held in Bomb Plot Against Somalis in Kansas

Three militia members plotted to detonate a bomb at a housing complex in western Kansas where Somali immigrants lived and worshiped, federal investigators said Friday.

The men, who were arrested Friday morning on domestic terrorism charges, scouted out the apartments in Garden City, Kan., stockpiled guns and composed a manifesto about their anti-Muslim motives, prosecutors said.

“Their rhetoric and their speech have revealed a hatred for Muslims, Somalis and immigrants,” an F.B.I. agent wrote in affidavit related to the case.

The plotters planned to carry out their attack on Nov. 9, the day after the presidential election, the authorities said.

Houston Gunman A Trump Supporter, Railed Against 'Homosexuals' During Sunday's Rampage

The gunman who went on a shooting spree Sunday morning in Houston, leaving one dead and six injured, was a supporter of presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump. He railed against homosexuals and Jews during the rampage, before he was killed by police.

Dionisio Garza III, 25, also recently expressed anti-Muslim sentiments on Twitter, and repeatedly criticized House Speaker Paul Ryan and the GOP establishment.

Suspect in mosque shooting a moderate conservative turned extremist, say friends, classmates

In these debates, Bissonnette expressed fairly mainstream conservative views. A hunter, he opposed gun control and was pro-Israel, but otherwise didn't bring up more divisive issues such as Muslims or immigration. But that was a year ago. "I think … something happened. He radicalized a lot," Prus said. "He seemed just a normal right-wing individual."

Trump-supporting college machete attacker wrote about feeling bullied for being conservative

A conservative former college student walked into a coffee shop located on the Kentucky campus armed with a machete wounding two women and asking patrons whether they were Republicans or Democrats, according to witnesses.

The ‘Alt-Reich’ Next Door

White U of Maryland student, who officials say was a member of white supremacist group on Facebook, is charged in fatal stabbing of a black Bowie State student, leaving others questioning how safe they are.

Argument over politics and sports led to fatal Oakley stabbing

Phillip Wade, 38, of Antioch was arrested for allegedly stabbing 57-year-old Anthony Johnson of Pittsburg multiple times at a bus stop in Oakley on Saturday afternoon. According to police, Johnson and Wade were arguing over sports and politics on a Tri Delta Transit bus.

Wade’s Facebook page outlines increasingly hostile statements and threats towards Muslims and African-Americans. On May 19, Wade posted a threatening racist statement concerning former president Barack Obama along with the gun emoji and the emoji of a man wearing a turban.

Those 10 are all from within the last 24 months. The last three are from the last three months. Let's stop pretending that this is one side's problem and not the other's. This is everyone's problem.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Tit for Tat,

The ultimate culmination of logical discussions.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
For balance???????

SMH.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
OK, now you have to subdivide the ones who motivated by racism from the ones who were actually motivated by the victim's politics.

There is a difference you know.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Wondered where this went.

Lets not forget the Mountains of hateful rhetoric that could be condensed from multible right-wing sites like brightfart or stormer.

But hey of course they're gonna cry victim, it's their go-to "who me?" defense.
Their usual hypocrisy on parade, nothing new, same old BS from people who vote to poison children & leave disabled people to die.

K~

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Are you finding and excuse to justify the shooting in Washington?

Really?

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Really?

Of course.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Really?

Not at all. Please don't make s# up and attribute it to me.

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Are you going to post that in every thread?

Weak sauce.

link   
Seems pretty obvious . But , reason just doesn't sit well with some . Especially those who just want to drive Americans apart . It seems as though there are some foreign actors whose full time job is to spew divisive vitrol on sites such as ats .

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Really?

What's the point then?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'm DISCOVERING it's not really a left or right thing...

People, in general....

Are disapointing.

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Really?

What's the point then?

To show there is hate and violence on both sides not just left or right.

Maybe the sane members of the left and right should come together and denounce violent extremists on both ends of the spectrum in a joint effort rather than point fingers?

link   
Let's not forget:

Kansas man charged with hate crime in killing of Indian

Attacker allegedly yelled 'get out of my country' before opening fire on two Indian men, killing one of them, in a bar.

And

Asian Man Beaten by Man Shouting ‘We Are White Power,’ NYPD Says

Steven Zatorski, 48, was arrested and charged with assault after witnesses told an NYPD transit cop about the beating, according to police.

The 30-year-old victim was near Third Avenue and East 53rd Street in midtown on Monday morning when police say Zatorski came up at random and shouted, “You are a f------ immigrant!”

Police said Zatorski kicked the man twice in the leg and punched him in the face and back of the head, all while shouting, “Go back to your country” and “We are white power.”

While political affiliation is unknown, it can be speculated...

link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Was going to say the grade school tit for tat sure makes us look like a real sophisticated bunch huh. We got a real good balance going on here.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Really?

What's the point then?

It's like when you were a little kid, and you did something wrong, so you immediately tell on someone else(friend or neighbor) about something they did. It's a knee jerk tactic used by children to "spread around" blame and take focus(hopefully) off themselves.

Everyone's done it at some point, most people just stop using it past 12 or 13 though.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

When it comes to incidents of violence and chaos like that, well, psychopathy doesn't pick a side. It's as simple as that.

Ending my affiliation with the left or right was exceptionally freeing. The cognitive dissonance is palpable.

edit on 16-6-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

link   

What exactly is the point of this thread...Or the one you reference in your OP?

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Are you here to promote more violence? Some more of that "conservatives are going to strike back" bulls# that you've been talking for days now and then disingenously trying to walk back when you called out on it?

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Kali74

I don't think that the government should take over the media.

But if violent leftists continue to harm everyone who doesn't think like them, I would strongly encourage firing back.

then it was all pretending that you were being misconstrued:

So if a violent leftist is firing at someone, they should just take it?

You are very sick.

But then today, right back at it:

a reply to: seasonal

What's going to happen is conservatives are going to start striking back.

And then it will be wall-to-wall coverage of how violent conservatives are.

If you kick a dog long enough, even the good ones will start to bite.

Your whole worldview is skewed. It's in no small part for folks who believe bulls# narratives like the one you were just pushing that I wrote this thread. Now you're to top it off, as if you haven't racked up enough intellectual dishonesty, you disineguously try to miscontrue my posting today.

"You are very sick."

Enjoy.
edit on 2017-6-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join