It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Make America White Again" campaign billboard proudly erected in Tennessee

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

a reply to: Slanter

This is where the 1st Amendment runs into confusion land for me. Just because you don't literally say "kill these people", words like "Make America White Again" is an incitement to violence.

There's no way around it! Because to make America "white" again... what's the plan? Vote all the minorities off the island? Nope. The only way to do this is violence.

That's why these pseudo-innocent messages are so infuriating. If you push them on it, they claim ignorance and say "free speech"! But inciting/threatening violence is not free speech. And since you push for something that can only be achieved through violence, what do you call that?

No it is a billboard to get people to go vote for a white guy that appeals to a nostalgic fairytale time that never existed, it is not a billboard to get people to go do violence. unless you call the act of voting violence.

So... how would you make America white again? His billboard claims that's the direction he wants to go. How is it done?

According to academia the white man is evil! White privilege all the other anti white nonsense coming out of academia, are you actually surprised there wouldn't be a pushback sooner or later?

We have celebrations for every other race, yet anyone mentions anything white and the cultural Marxists go bat snip crazy! What goes around comes around! Equality does not EXCLUDE people it should embrace them!

That has nothing to do with my question. The billboard didn't say "white pride" or "value white people again". It said "make America white again".

How do you do that?

It's pushback against the current environment against people who are white???????

I mean, I think the guy is a bit off his rockers, but he is appealing to a certain group who just may vote for him because of being called privileged just because they are white?
In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins!

Those on the Progressive left who have pushed this whole white privilege nonsense should most likely invest in some secure safe spaces!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
a reply to: TinfoilTP

If you watch the video interview with him, he actually says he wants to go back to when white people were the supermajority (he mentions something like 85% of america was white back then) and he wants to return to that. Whether by deportation or violence, that falls under "Ethnic cleansing" in my book.

The troubling part is that he is allowed to run with this message, he obviously will get less votes because of it. Who would work for his campaign that is designed to fail at the start?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
Rick Tyler, An independent candidate for Tennessee's 3rd congressional district has paid for at least two billboards in Polk County, one of them plastered with beatific Caucasian faces with "Make America White Again" emblazoned in large letters, the other depicting the White House ringed with confederate flags with the slogan "I have a dream" on it. Twelve hours later the signs were taken down, most likely by the billboard owners.

When pressed about the message Rick Tyler responded that he has no hatred for people of color, he just wants america to go back to ""1960s, Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver time when there were no break-ins; no violent crime; no mass immigration." "I believe the majority of people like it" He goes on to say.

Tennessee Republican Party Chairman Ryan Haynes stated "There's no room for this type of hateful display in our political discourse. Racism should be rejected in all its heinous forms in the Third Congressional District and around the country." Congressman Chuck Fleischmann also gave a statement today "I totally and unequivocally condemn the billboard and Mr. Tyler’s message and will vigorously fight any form of racism in the 3rd district of Tennessee or anywhere else in the nation."
Link

He seems to think what America needs is to go back to the way it was in the 60s, make white people the super-majority in America again... this is the same sort of speak that preceded programs of ethnic cleansing in other countries. Man, what a piece of work.

That seat has been held by Republicans since the 90s. So I don't think his bill boards are going to change anyrhing. That whole area I'd highly republican. And taking away a seat from them near impossible especially on a racist platform. Just is discussing this is more press than he would normally get.
edit on 6/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

When your vision of America is based upon what you remember from 1960's TV? It's very white. Very White Anglo-Saxon Protestant'ish, even.

It's only when you look around at what America really was/is that you can come to the realization of what she really is. A hodge-podge of every color, creed, and ethnicity the world has to offer. I wouldn't, personally, have it any other way.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Right after they stole it from the Redskins, to be serious though this guy is a clown, and it is not going to happen..he is just trying to fan more flames of division.
Let him say his piece though for all to see who he is.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: XxitsTtimexX

My aunt died about 8 years ago In Tennessee and told me she had never seen a colored person her whole life but she had seen them on TV and they look like nice people. Some parts and towns in Tennessee still have no African Americans. So don't be quick to judge just because it's a different world there.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

This is where the 1st Amendment runs into confusion land for me. Just because you don't literally say "kill these people", words like "Make America White Again" is an incitement to violence.

There's no way around it! Because to make America "white" again... what's the plan? Vote all the minorities off the island? Nope. The only way to do this is violence.

That's why these pseudo-innocent messages are so infuriating. If you push them on it, they claim ignorance and say "free speech"! But inciting/threatening violence is not free speech. And since you push for something that can only be achieved through violence, what do you call that?

No it is a billboard to get people to go vote for a white guy that appeals to a nostalgic fairytale time that never existed, it is not a billboard to get people to go do violence. unless you call the act of voting violence.

So... how would you make America white again? His billboard claims that's the direction he wants to go. How is it done?

When was it white? You seem to think it was white at one time. Looks like his billboard appealed to your beliefs.

I'm quoting the billboard.

What thread are you in again?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I voted for him because he is willing to speak the truth like this.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Left, right, front or back one thing is for sure this guy isn't very bright and has issues. Would never vote for someone like him. His way of thinking is going in the wrong direction. One does not need to be a member of an ideology to see that.

edit on 16-6-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Need to start proof reading

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

When your vision of America is based upon what you remember from 1960's TV? It's very white. Very White Anglo-Saxon Protestant'ish, even.

It's only when you look around at what America really was/is that you can come to the realization of what she really is. A hodge-podge of every color, creed, and ethnicity the world has to offer. I wouldn't, personally, have it any other way.

Well, it makes some SENSE that TV back then was like that...

That particular DEMOGRAPHIC probably had the most $$$ to spend on products being advertised.

It's always, ALWAYS about money.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Pretty much.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

When your vision of America is based upon what you remember from 1960's TV?

It's only when you look around at what America really was

The country would be far better off if it was like 60's TV, it was wholesome and built around family values. But as you say, the country wasn't quite the way it was depicted on TV.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

How often does the same thing happen on the other side of the fence though? Just as much if not moreso. The word liberal is basically a slur nowadays, if someone calls someone else a liberal it's usually in a negative or condescending way.

I'm sick of both sides doing it personally.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

According to academia the white man is evil! White privilege all the other anti white nonsense coming out of academia, are you actually surprised there wouldn't be a pushback sooner or later?

We have celebrations for every other race, yet anyone mentions anything white and the cultural Marxists go bat snip crazy! What goes around comes around! Equality does not EXCLUDE people it should embrace them!

That has nothing to do with my question. The billboard didn't say "white pride" or "value white people again". It said "make America white again".

How do you do that?

It's pushback against the current environment against people who are white???????

I mean, I think the guy is a bit off his rockers, but he is appealing to a certain group who just may vote for him because of being called privileged just because they are white?
In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins!

Those on the Progressive left who have pushed this whole white privilege nonsense should most likely invest in some secure safe spaces!

Then why not say "make it equal" if he thinks there is inequality for white people?

Instead, he said make America white again. Again. When do you think he was referring to when he says "again"? He's not fighting backlash; he's wanting to remove minorities or make them invisible. By "again", he's either referring to the Jim Crow era or worse.

How would you do that? That's my point. It's an incitement to violence because there is no peaceful way to accomplish his wet dream. Like I said, he can't exactly vote black people off of his island.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
it's so refreshing to see people can actually discern the Mentalists from the rest and would never demonize an entire race based on one or a couple of persons viewpoints.

I'm glad that this is how it always is here. there's never some roller coaster of 'outrage' dragging with it anyone whom remotely fits a description.
it's good that this guy doesn't represent an entire race.

one hope any Mentalist with eccentric views will always get comments respecting their freedom of speech... right?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Of course that's what he's referencing.

His delusion is, of course, thinking that it was "white" to begin with, or ever.

He is, as so many of his ilk, regardless of color or religion or whatever, a coward, too afraid to look beneath our differences and realize that we aren't so different after all, when it comes right down to where the rubber meets the road.

All he sees, and the ones like him, are the differences, little realizing, or caring, those very differences are what can help us see how much alike we really are.

But that's a hard road, looking past the differences to what binds us as humans--humans, regardless of the color of our skin, the name of our God. Love of family. The need to help others.

They prefer to travel the easy road. Hating those differences, and ignoring what makes us all much alike in many ways.

His loss. Unfortunately, his loss is also ours, because we, who see past the differences, are forced to clean up his, and his ilks, messes.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

The crazy thing is...there are many people out there like him. He just happened to have some money to run for something and put up a billboard.

In a town where there is voter apathy and probably just as many racist as there are not...he could win a seat.

Also, im sure he will also get reprecussions for this and not understand why such as his restaurant going under.

Racism is ugly and is still very much alive today. Its unbelievable what he did, but these racist do not think they are doing any harm.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join