It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Make America White Again" campaign billboard proudly erected in Tennessee

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm just "triggered" by so many that are defending and justifying and marginalizing what happened. And yes, it happens across all the political ideological spectrum. But I've never seen so many defend such horrid acts.

Politicians do stupid crap all the time. This racist asshole is no exception. Fire him on election day. But don't take away his right to be a stupid racist or kill him.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxitsTtimexX
a reply to: Slanter

The way I see it is he is either a racist or he is stupid..... I mean seriously how did he think people would take that message?

Those two things generally coexist within the same person comfortably.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Some truth? Yeah, there is. You've also to bear in mind that the ones who may advocate such solutions are in the decided minority.

Don't ignore, because those events most definitely showed they're dangerously unhinged, but there aren't very many of 'em, either.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
I'm just going to point out that this was from last year, and he obviously didn't win. Just amazed that someone spent the money and had the balls to do something this egregiously contemptible publicly.

I'm worried this overt white-supremacy is getting more normalized.

Sometimes the system works!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It's called an election. NOT assassination.

You're usually one of the most level headed partisan people on this site.

It was one dude.

The right have had their fair share of nuts, but I'm not going to use them as examples to represent the whole right. Nor will I do it in this case for the left.

Yes people have said dumb things on the internet, do we pick today to take that seriously?

This whole OP is about blaming Republicans for what this wingnut said...you got called on it and now you don't like it? Maybe this thread isn't working as intended for the OP.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I don't think anyone tried to normalize it.

The right on this site instantly started "this is the left" threads, or "the left celebrates" using four tweets as a "source".

So naturally the left leaning members fought that.

Maybe a few dumbasses celebrated.

It wasn't nothing, it was a psycho commuting a horrific atrocity.

That being said, giving him a large platform is what he wanted, let's not give in to his demand.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

do you actually know what a pendulum is ?
edit on 16-6-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

"Make America White Again" campaign billboard proudly erected in Tennessee

I'm all for Rick Tyler exercising his 1st amendment rights.

The question is....How do you make America White again with out getting rid of the people of color that are American citizens and fought in Americas wars to allow some pathetic piece of racist white trash to exercise his first amendment rights.

edit on 16-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

My statement was that neither party should be painted with the brush of a select few actions, one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I disagree.

Someone suggested that we hide the hate.

I disagreed.

I think it needs to be out in the open and talked about.

To keep within the thread, we don't eliminate racism by hiding it. It's like curing sick people by hiding hospitals.

There's a partisan divide and we aren't going to solve it by ignoring it or marginalizing it.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

There was a time, probably around the time your grandparents were young, mine were anyway...when the KKK was the political power in the South. You didn't go anywhere in politics without their approval and/or support.

It was likewise, though not quite as strong, in other parts of the nation. But in the south? Jim Crow and the noose were things to be feared.

The times have changed a lot in the South since then, the twenties and thirties, but it's still lurking in the shadows, and does come out to play far too often for my tastes. I'm moving to Tennessee later this year, and this sort of thing is at the back of my mind... How am I going to react to it? Here in the NW there are bastions of it, white supremacy, in Idaho, Cowboys stomping grounds in Portland used to be a bit of a hotbed for it, as well, though I'm not sure how bad it is now...so I've encountered it on odd occasions, and didn't react well to it. I tend towards reactionary when bigots and bullies come out to play.

This was the KKK during its hey day in the twenties and thirties. This is Pennsylvania Ave.--the White House.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Obviously, you can't. Hence, the delusional aspect of the odious bigotry he espoused on that sign. Kudos to the owners of it for removing 'em.

link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What? Did you miss the part where he was universally panned by the GOP leadership? Hell, the only quotes I included that weren't Rick Tyler's were republicans chastising him for these signs. This Douchebag is an independent.

But i'm still all about blaming republicans huh?

link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: seeker1963

do you actually know what a pendulum is ?

It's a saying, no need to bring physics into it! You know what I meant! Anything else to nitpik about?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

There was a time, probably around the time your grandparents were young, mine were anyway...when the KKK was the political power in the South. You didn't go anywhere in politics without their approval and/or support.

Not exactly The South per se, but when I lived in Texas in the late 90's, this was still very much the case. Unspoken, and behind the scenes, but white supremacists still had a firm grip on the reins of power. While they didn't control everything, they still controlled a lot.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

BLM is made up of all races, creeds, and colors. Your example is merit less!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

There's a partisan divide and we aren't going to solve it by ignoring it or marginalizing it.

From the outside looking in, all I see it hateful rhetoric from both sides. Both cherry picking what they like and don't like to make Picasso narratives.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Can someone EXPLAIN why America needs to be "Made White Again"?

America was NEVER "white"...not really.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Seems about on par with the BLM movement and others....

Seems like they both want the same thing....segregation.....

it worries me that people think this idiotically and still have a right to eat, sleep, breed, vote and speak in society.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

From the outside looking in, all I see it hateful rhetoric from both sides. Both cherry picking what they like and don't like to make Picasso narratives.

When fists are flying, the time for nice talk has usually passed on.

Hell, we're just a few incidents away from a full-blown shooting match.

The time for nice talk and kumbya moments has long ago passed us by.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join