It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Make America White Again" campaign billboard proudly erected in Tennessee

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Rick Tyler, An independent candidate for Tennessee's 3rd congressional district has paid for at least two billboards in Polk County, one of them plastered with beatific Caucasian faces with "Make America White Again" emblazoned in large letters, the other depicting the White House ringed with confederate flags with the slogan "I have a dream" on it. Twelve hours later the signs were taken down, most likely by the billboard owners.

When pressed about the message Rick Tyler responded that he has no hatred for people of color, he just wants america to go back to ""1960s, Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver time when there were no break-ins; no violent crime; no mass immigration." "I believe the majority of people like it" He goes on to say.

Tennessee Republican Party Chairman Ryan Haynes stated "There's no room for this type of hateful display in our political discourse. Racism should be rejected in all its heinous forms in the Third Congressional District and around the country." Congressman Chuck Fleischmann also gave a statement today "I totally and unequivocally condemn the billboard and Mr. Tyler’s message and will vigorously fight any form of racism in the 3rd district of Tennessee or anywhere else in the nation."
Link

He seems to think what America needs is to go back to the way it was in the 60s, make white people the super-majority in America again... this is the same sort of speak that preceded programs of ethnic cleansing in other countries. Man, what a piece of work.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

The way I see it is he is either a racist or he is stupid..... I mean seriously how did he think people would take that message?

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Well, the current social solution appears to be to simply shoot him because of his beliefs.

I, on the other hand, while support his right to free expression, would not vote for him and would strongly encourage others to vote for someone else.

But hey, that's just me.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Seems about on par with the BLM movement and others....

Seems like they both want the same thing....segregation.....

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

"Make America White Again"

the blisteringly obvious question for mr tyler :

when EXACTLY was america white ?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

What could go wrong?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

"Make America White Again"

the blisteringly obvious question for mr tyler :

when EXACTLY was america white ?

Last ice age?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

What's to be said?

He's delusional.

As DB said, he's got a right to say it, and I've a right to say he's delusional, and that folks shouldn't vote for him.
edit on 6/16/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well, the current social solution appears to be to simply shoot him because of his beliefs.

I, on the other hand, while support his right to free expression, would not vote for him and would strongly encourage others to vote for someone else.

But hey, that's just me.

Absolutely 'cause that happens all the time, huh DB? How long are you going suck the teat of that tragedy to push your politics?

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

As long as I ####ing want, scooter.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

What agenda? That this delusional wanna-be Congress critter has a right to say this stuff? DB is correct, he does, just like we have a right, a duty even, to point out his delusions, and urge people not to vote for him.

That agenda??? What would you rather be said/done about him?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

As long as I ####ing want, scooter.

Longer than three days? At least a week or so I reckon.

edit on 2017/6/16 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Easy, Cowboy.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Easy, Cowboy.

Sorry.

But it's been 48 hours and people want to blow it off like it's been a century ago and ancient history.

There's a truth to what I'm saying though.

If people don't like him, there is a process in place to get rid of him.

It's called an election. NOT assassination.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Well sort of stupid but no stupider than Mexicans dragging Mexican flags through the streets of SW US or inner city Black Power BS.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Well, I would also like to return to a time of less crime, less illegal immigration and no wars. Unfortunately, I don't see how that is going to happen.

Wanting things to be better isn't really a bad idea.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It's called an election. NOT assassination.

You're usually one of the most level headed partisan people on this site.

It was one dude.

The right have had their fair share of nuts, but I'm not going to use them as examples to represent the whole right. Nor will I do it in this case for the left.

Yes people have said dumb things on the internet, do we pick today to take that seriously?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm just going to point out that this was from last year, and he obviously didn't win. Just amazed that someone spent the money and had the balls to do something this egregiously contemptible publicly.

I'm worried this overt white-supremacy is getting more normalized.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

In many respects, we already have segregation.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Seems about on par with the BLM movement and others....

Seems like they both want the same thing....segregation.....

How many times does one have to say, "When the pendulum swings too far one way, eventually it will swing back the other?"..

<<   2  3  4 >>

join