It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writer calls for the anti-Bush crowd to be killed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
United States
United States Divided: How much do some Pro-Bush crazies hate those who oppose the war?
By Dave Zirin
Feb 4, 2005, 23:04

February 3, 2005

New Republic Writer Calls For Anti-Bush Left-Wingers To Be Killed

The words "libelous" and 'the New Republic" have a proud history of walking arm-in-arm. Now, in the esteemed tradition of [former TNR writer who peddled fiction as fact] Stephen Glass, The New Republic has stooped to a new low, publishing a piece that calls for violence, torture, and even death for leading leftists who dare oppose Bush's war on terror and the slaughter in Iraq.

www.axisoflogic.com...

I imagine we'll be seeing more of this as time goes on.

What has happened to this country

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Everybody has a right to their opinions and their beliefs as per the first amendment, it is the one thing the rest of the world truly loves about america. However this is getting to far to call for the murder of those who oppose your views is something we would see in a fascist state.

What has gone wrong?? America feels so different today than it did in the 90s, things are so crazy.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of lunatics to me just mouthing off.
Seem more like "neo-nazi's" than new republicans to
me.
Way too extreme to even pay attention to.

link   
Well that is why we have Guantanamo so US citizens opposing the Bush regime can be send to Cuba and be done with it.

Very soon we are going to see vigilantes in our cities and towns making sure everybody hail to the King in the white house.
Oh else

link   
Another right wing twat mouthing off. He has the freedom to spout whatever sexual fantasies he has. Just like I have the right to suggest that all Christians be fed to lions and starving cougars on National Television to replace Basketball as national sport.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

What has gone wrong?? America feels so different today than it did in the 90s, things are so crazy.

Originally posted by marg6043
Well that is why we have Guantanamo so US citizens opposing the Bush regime can be send to Cuba and be done with it.

Very soon we are going to see vigilantes in our cities and towns making sure everybody hail to the King in the white house.
Oh else

America, if you actually visit, is much the same as it always has been, what with political vitriol and the such. Average, rational people in the States continue to love their country and countrymen without buying into any of this extreme rhetoric, whether it be from the far right, or far left.

Marg, how many US citizens do you know that oppose Bush's policies that have been whisked away to Cuba? Vigilantes? Come on, please get some fresh air folks, it's good for you.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kyle325is

Marg, how many US citizens do you know that oppose Bush's policies that have been whisked away to Cuba? Vigilantes? Come on, please get some fresh air folks, it's good for you.

When you be my age you will see the sarcasm in older peoples post.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kyle325is

Originally posted by marg6043how
many US citizens do you know that oppose Bush's policies that have been whisked away to Cuba? Vigilantes? Come on, please get some fresh air folks, it's good for you.
The time is coming soon, and if you dont realize this you are blind.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
To clarify my post, if you dont see what is happening you are blind. Study your American history and the constitution of the United States, then we'll talk.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This writer is as horribly wrong as George Soros is, comparing Bush to Hitler. Everyone wants to cultivate hate these days to control the masses. It's happened in the past, and we're not learning from our past. We're changing history to say people were justified in their hatrid, and as a result we're not learning from our past. I expect a major war is coming because we're too foolish to look back at humanity's history and learn from it.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I know what you mean Dg, in a more serious note, (sarcasm aside) the public call for violence of any way against people that disagree with bushes political agenda can become very dangerous if is taken to reality by fanatical groups.

People you realized that the same way we have radicals on other countries we have radicals in our own country.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You will see more and more of these kind of neo-Nazis popping up. I am just waiting for some ATS member to agree with him.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Just wait till next election, Bush can't run, so the states with more then 75% republicans will break away and form Bushganda. It will be funny, all the bush babies crying for emporer Bush, King George, while the other 38 states laugh at them. At least Ohio won't be in Bushganda, or any of the states out west, just the confederate states and Alaska.

Anyways, didn't see any democrats calling for the deaths of anti clinton, wait there weren't any. Well, not like anti-Bushs, cause they actually have proof, facts, and reality supporting their veiws. All clinton did was get head, Bush leads into 3 wars, only one is right, sends off Americans to the slaughter for oil, and was in power under the most powerful attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor, and no matter what Bush Babies tell you, it was Bushes fault, not Clinton. Bush was in power for 8 months, was given documents that told him OBL was going to attack us with planes, he did nothing but go on vacation, the most amount of vacation any president ever had, including REoosevelt, a 4 term president.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Just wait till next election, Bush can't run, so the states with more then 75% republicans will break away and form Bushganda. It will be funny, all the bush babies crying for emporer Bush, King George, while the other 38 states laugh at them. At least Ohio won't be in Bushganda, or any of the states out west, just the confederate states and Alaska.

Anyways, didn't see any democrats calling for the deaths of anti clinton, wait there weren't any. Well, not like anti-Bushs, cause they actually have proof, facts, and reality supporting their veiws. All clinton did was get head, Bush leads into 3 wars, only one is right, sends off Americans to the slaughter for oil, and was in power under the most powerful attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor, and no matter what Bush Babies tell you, it was Bushes fault, not Clinton. Bush was in power for 8 months, was given documents that told him OBL was going to attack us with planes, he did nothing but go on vacation, the most amount of vacation any president ever had, including REoosevelt, a 4 term president.

This is the kind of hypocracy that almost drove me away from ATS. All sides of an issue have crackpot extremists. To deny that is to put on polarized sun glasses that allow you to only see what you want to see. If you genuinely believe one side or the other is the only side with sick-os or crackpots, one of two things is true about you. 1, you're one of those crackpots. 2, you have never researched where the other side is coming from and have allowed yourself to be indoctrinated with propoganda and don't even realize it.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Will they be going after the anti-Bush righties? I'm a righty and I want Bush impeached.

Or do they think all conservatives are sheep?

Hmph. I've been asked if I'm a liberal because I do NOT want Bush as President.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
it seems junglejake is the only intelligent poster on this whole thread. kudos to him for being rational and not accepting any far left or right propaganda. finally, someone who does deserve a vote for way above award.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Pretty rock, (sorry, can't spell and won't even try your username),
I have a friend who's a constitutionalist. I admit, I group people into left and right, and assume they vote based on this. There were a few things Bush could have done (*but didn't) which would have lost him my vote. However, most of polarized America falls into the pro or anti Bush lines based on ideology. Please understand that I know you can lean to the right and not support Bush, but most people don't see an alternative. my posts are directed at the majority that is right and bush voters or the opposite. I recognise your group, but will be addressing the larger group. I hope you can forgive me for what society has labeled insensitivity but what I see as good debating practice.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The worst about this is that if say, any of you, was a writer for some sort of media and you said something along the lines of this about the "leading republicans" you would end up in jail since you treaten and call for the death of the US president and his gang ...

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think it might be going a little far to call TNR's article an attempt to intimidate, simply because nobody in their right mind would take it them seriously.
The article in question was probably the work of some under-fed neocon jackazz who fights wars vicariously by cheering on troops and "defending them" (against people who are speaking out to help them, ironically enough). If there was any substance to a man like that he'd be in the military killing people first-hand, but instead he openly admits that he needs some kind of superhuman Arnold-Ashcroft hyrbid with an automatic weapon to do his killing for him.

Bottom line: the empty can rattles the most. Many neocons are completely unwilling to defend their beliefs in person. It's not just violence that scares them- the mere idea of a heated arguement is too much for some of them. I'm not quite as liberal as some would want me to be (I used to call myself a neo conservative) but I'd like to think that I'd stand in front of somebody and tell them they were wrong instead of scampering back to my desk to write an article about reporting them to the Fascisti!

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
All this sounds like the start of the 2005 civil war *cough* John Titor *cough*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join