It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In A Panicky Tweet, President Trump Lies About Rod Rosenstein

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

And Congress could do their job. And the press could be about publishing news in an unbiased way instead of creating news. Our immigration laws could be enforced.

Lot of things could be happening that aren't. So while I agree with you, on the spectrum of screw ups in America this is pretty low.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

As president, he's always presidential
lol

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

No one would think that IF trump had not said he fired him because of the "RUSHER" story.
And if he hadn't told the Russian spies he invited into the oval office that he'd gotten the nut job out of the way.
Let's not pick and choose history baby doll.

The biggest question in this whole thing is WHY isn't trump interested in the hacking story and why he refuses to protect us and punish them. What good is a commander in chief who invites the enemy in and tells them our secrets. And doesn't protect the American people or our democratic process?
Why ? Why does he praise Putin and put down his own people? Why can't he say anything bad about Putin ?
Why does he continue to try and halt the investigation?
If there's nothing to this why the hell is he acting this way and not getting enraged that the Russians did what they did?
Why? It makes no sense that he fights this story. It makes him look guilty if he's not and if he's not it's very very odd behaviour.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Nope he can't fire Mueller.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Why would he be disbarred if he doesn't recuse himself?

Be honest now...you're making this up as you go along aren't you?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

There's only one boss there guys.
One.
The buck stops at the Resolute Desk.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: DanteGaland

Wow, this is ridiculous. Your interpretation I mean. You don't find it odd that a guy who recommended firing comey thinks that firing comey may have been obstruction? Why would he make such a recommendation if it would be obstructing justice.

More importantly this makes rosenstein into a possible witness. So if he wants to keep from being disbarred, hell have to recuse himself.

Second, rosenstein is not the only one who can fire Mueller. Trump can fire anyone in the executive branch. Trump holds the entirety of the power in the executive. Those beneath him are only using power granted to them by him. This is the design given in the constitution and the local doj regs don't supersede them.

No, Trump can't fire Mueller. Only Rosenstein can. And Rosenstein can't be disbarred either. I never thought the day would come where I'd agree with Silly.
edit on 6jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

As the man who wrote the memo used by trump as justification (rightly or wrongly) for firing trump, rosenstein is a witness to the firing. As a witness he can't be in charge of the investigation or investigators, the ethics rules are crystal clear on this.

If he doesn't recuse himself I will personally report him to the bar (not that they won't already know), a formal complaint will force them to take action.
edit on 18-6-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

You're wrong on both accounts. That's what happens when you listen to silly.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You're wrong on both accounts. That's what happens when you listen to silly.

Please provide a source which highlights where I'm wrong. Thanks in advance.
edit on 6jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Article 2 of the US constitution:
"The executive Power shall be vested in the President of the United States of America."

Rule 3.7 of the rules of professional conduct set forth by the ABA:
"A lawyer shall not act as advocate at a trial in which the lawyer is likely to be a necessary witness."

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

If he doesn't recuse himself I will personally report him to the bar (not that they won't already know), a formal complaint will force them to take action.

LOL.

You're going to "personally" report him?

I'm sure an *attempted* report by lil ol' you will definitely force them to "take action."

LOL

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Trump's biggest mistake has been hiring Democrats and leaving Democrats and Obama loyalists in place. If you want proof Trump is stupid, that's the best proof of all. He is bringing down his own administration by not draining the swamp, like he said he would do.
edit on 18-6-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You have no idea who I am, your petulant response proves who you are though.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You have no idea who I am,

No, I don't. But you certainly seem to think you're so very important.

your petulant response proves who you are though.

Not really. You post in the mud pit, and then whine about petulance after acting like you personally can influence a federal recusal? Lol. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

"No, I don't. But you certainly seem to think you're so very important."

No, I don't. I simply know how the process works and how seriously breaches of ethical conduct are taken by bar associations.

"Not really. You post in the mud pit, and then whine about petulance after acting like you personally can influence a federal recusal?"

I never insinuated that. You may have read into it too far, but that was never what I said or intended to say.

"Sorry if I hurt your feelings."

Don't flatter yourself, you couldn't hurt my feelings if you tried

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I wouldn't say that's stupidity as much as naivety. He doesn't view people as ideological and as such, didn't understand that no matter how magnanimous you are, if you're a republican all you'll get is hatred. I think he's learning that now, but time will tell. Continuing to make these mistakes will be inexcusable in another 6 months.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join