It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In A Panicky Tweet, President Trump Lies About Rod Rosenstein

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Pretty sure trump said he's being investigated.
Lol
Hey i know this song. It's called don't pay attention to what he says let me tell you what he means.
Last week Paul Ryan begged us to forgive his lack of knowledge of big city DC protocols having come from the backwoods of fifth avenue and wild central park west on the uncharted island of Manhattan and now we have his surrogates to clarify his meanings because apparently he can't articulate his ideas sufficiently.
Ignorant and confused...all that's missing is the drool.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

No one cares about the republican healthcare plan.
Word.

Start a thread about all the rest of that.
Lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
After his clerkship, Rosenstein joined the U.S. Department of Justice through the Attorney General’s Honors Program. From 1990 to 1993, he prosecuted public corruption cases as a trial attorney with the Public Integrity Section of the Criminal Division, then led by Assistant Attorney General Robert Mueller.

So Rosenstein, Mueller and Comey all have known each other for decades.

This does not look good, they need to be recused.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Wow, this is ridiculous. Your interpretation I mean. You don't find it odd that a guy who recommended firing comey thinks that firing comey may have been obstruction? Why would he make such a recommendation if it would be obstructing justice.

More importantly this makes rosenstein into a possible witness. So if he wants to keep from being disbarred, hell have to recuse himself.

Second, rosenstein is not the only one who can fire Mueller. Trump can fire anyone in the executive branch. Trump holds the entirety of the power in the executive. Those beneath him are only using power granted to them by him. This is the design given in the constitution and the local doj regs don't supersede them.
edit on 17-6-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Ha haha!

Trump is clearly mocking the media reporting that he is the focus of Mueller's investigation.

Trump is pointing out how absurd it is for the media to report such nonsense because if it were true that Trump was being investigated for firing Comey, Rosenstein would have had to recuse himself already since he is the one who advised Trump to fire Comey.

It is a media witch hunt, a complete farce and I can't believe so people still buy into it.

Does anybody else think it's a little weird that the president of the United States would need to fall back upon his orange minions to translate his technoburbles to the rest of the world?
Is it weirder that there is a cadre of Trumpkins that takes that conceit upon themselves?
"I speak Trump...listen to me, not that orange guy!"

Does he even know he is being filtered? Does he care?
edit on 17-6-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: it needed it.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What's so bizarre is that Trump has done this to himself

He’s ruined his own presidency with Twitter and the firing of Comey.

He wasn’t under direct investigation until he fired Comey, which led to him being investigated for obstruction of justice

The irony is that Comey is the one that handed him the election.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I hear a lot about this "ruined presidency" but what do you have to show for this statement? Trump clearly isn't even shaken by what's going on (did you listen to his speech yesterday?) nor are those around him (they'd be jumping ship if they actually thought there was trouble).

His agenda is moving forward (the aca repeal and replace will be voted on in the next two weeks, he just pulled out of the Paris deal and reversed obamas Cuba policy). Dems have lost every special election so far and look to be on pace to lose GA06.

Trump was exonerated from the Russia collusion bs (hence the change to obstruction garbage) and will win at getting rosenstein recused and replaced by someone who will slowly strangle the special counsel with rules.

Outside of left wing echo chambers, where two weeks ago they were convinced trump was done and would be impeached over Russia collusion, where is the ruined presidency?
edit on 17-6-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Sigh,

Rosenstein TOLD Trump to fire comey and then he did because he said so?

Really?

lol.

Wanna buy a bridge?

edit on 6 17 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So Trump was advised to fire comey and decided to do that
So who's decision was it
The advisers or Trumps
I don't understand

It was a trap by rosenstein.

I'll tell Trump to fire comey and when he does, coz I have complete control over him, we get him for obstruction.

Seems plausible and very likely.

OY!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Are you playing dumb? Or is it a natural state?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

"Panicky"? No.

"Angry"? Yes.

ETA: Trump asked Rosenstein to give him a reason to fire Comey. Rosenstein gave him a reason, and Trump took it. Who ordered who? I dunno, but Rosenstein is involved as much as Trump is.

Rosenstein gave Trump an official recommendation and reason to fire comey.

As he should if he can't do it himself or whatever.

Whether Trump used it or not is immaterial.

Did Trump give a reason or not?

Did he even need a reason?

People are reading too much into the word "told".

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Are you playing dumb? Or is it a natural state?

I work at it, what's your excuse?

Trump pulled the trigger.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Trump is a human limbo stick for his supporters. It's mind blowing.

He keeps going lower and lower and his supporters keep playing along. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
edit on 17-6-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yeah but Trump was a better option than Hillary

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Being vindicated doesn't mean much when it comes to witch hunts.

Here is a man who had proof he was 40 miles away when a murder happened and was still prosecuted and found guilty.

www.cbsnews.com...

Here is a man who was 1000 miles away and still spent 20 years in prison.

www.nbcnews.com...

Innocent means nothing when they are out to get you and not out for truth.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Raggedyman

Rosenstein told Trump to fire Comey. Trump fired Comey. Rosenstein took office on April 26 and Comey was gone on May 9. Trump never did anything to Comey from January until April. It was Rosenstein who did it.

No. Trump decided to fire Comey first. He then called Sessions and Rosenstein to direct them to come up with reasons to justify getting rid of Comey. Since Sessions recused himself, the dirty work fell to Rosenstein. Rosestein has no dog in this race. He is apolitical. He was a federal attorney serving both Dubya and Obama. He was just following orders from his boss, the POTUS. His career as a political atheist was the reason Trump hired him in the first place. As proof, Rosenstein was confirmed by the Senate 96-4.
edit on 6jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

"Panicky"? No.

"Angry"? Yes.

A president who is too easily angered is not fit as a president.
Just saying.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Anger over a Witch hunt is justified IMO. It's the whole premise behind innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yeah but Trump was a better option than Hillary

Not really. Both are equally as bad. At least Trump instilled optimism in America slowly.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Anger over a Witch hunt is justified IMO. It's the whole premise behind innocent until proven guilty.

He could have acted presidental at least.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join