It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In A Panicky Tweet, President Trump Lies About Rod Rosenstein

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Coming from RED STATE - a conservative source, we learn TODAY that Trump is turning on Rosenstein!

The President of the United States is off the rails this morning. He’s tweeting about Russia and the investigation into Russian influence during the 2016 election.

Apparently Trump sent out THIS tweet:

I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 16, 2017

I wonder if THIS is why Rosenstien made odd remarks YESTERDAY -- a thread about THAT is HERE on ATS

The article CONTINUES...

Notice how Trump is putting the “blame” for firing Comey at the feet of Rosenstein?

That was the initial story the administration told the public. Trump was acting on behalf of Rosenstein’s recommendation. Less than two days later, Trump said it was entirely his decision when he spoke with NBC’s Lester Holt.

Now he’s accusing his own Deputy Attorney General of engaging in a witch hunt. This is pretty remarkable stuff from Trump.
Red State

Will Trump try to FIRE Rosenstien to insert his own "YES" man? Rosenstein is the ONLY one that can fire Muller though. ALSO, I thought Trump claimed HE was ALREADY vindicated at this point? Remember, Sean Spicer has SAID that the POTUS tweets ARE official statements!

Remember what Rosenstein SAID about his memo:

“My[Rosenstein] memorandum is not a statement of reasons to justify a for-cause termination."

LINK

The memo was about how Comey MISMANAGED the email thing, and WASN'T a straight-up recommendation. Trump though DECIDED to use it as such.

I think we can expect the GOP propaganda machine to begin RUNNING full-tilt with HIT PIECES on Rosenstein!

edit on 16-6-2017 by DanteGaland because: corrected RED STATE link

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

trump should know as well as his supporters Twitter posts once they are out can't be undone. Sure he can delete them, but once posted its out there.

He has said Obama "wire tapped" him with zero proof, he has eluded to Comey tapes, still no comment almost 2 weeks later, other than trump saying "don't worry you will be very disappointed". He constantly trys to deflect what is going on with Russia by tweeting about " crooked Hillary".

trump is the worst POTUS in my lifetime second is Bush JR, at least Bush was somewhat likeable. trump just walks around as if he is the king! Total idiot.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is smoke and mirrors and all planned out between Trump, Rosenstein, Mueller, and possibly Comey in the background to distract the public from Obamacare repeal.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So Trump was advised to fire comey and decided to do that
So who's decision was it
The advisers or Trumps
I don't understand

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
"Panicky"? No.

"Angry"? Yes.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
This is smoke and mirrors and all planned out between Trump, Rosenstein, Mueller, and possibly Comey in the background to distract the public from Obamacare repeal.

That's QUITE possible. Orchestrated misdirection. We've seen it before.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Rosenstein told Trump to fire Comey. Trump fired Comey. Rosenstein took office on April 26 and Comey was gone on May 9. Trump never did anything to Comey from January until April. It was Rosenstein who did it.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
"Panicky"? No.

"Angry"? Yes.

ETA: Trump asked Rosenstein to give him a reason to fire Comey. Rosenstein gave him a reason, and Trump took it. Who ordered who? I dunno, but Rosenstein is involved as much as Trump is.
edit on 16-6-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I'm not sure. Nothing can be done if the republican congress pass it together as one. Only constituents can change it, but the congress has shut out all opposition and opinions. And their constituents voted for that.

I'm pretty sure Trump is in early stages of dementia. I worked with elderly patients for 20yrs. No sleeping is dangerous to the elderly mental stability.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

He could just be one of those people with chronic insomnia.
Harry Reid was very obviously slipping into dementia by the time he finally retired. John McCain and Nancy Pelosi are showing clear signs as well.

I would add Maxine Waters, but I'm pretty sure that's just insanity

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

trump is the worst POTUS in my lifetime second is Bush JR, at least Bush was somewhat likeable. trump just walks around as if he is the king! Total idiot.

And Bush Jr. CAN paint...(with actual brushes, not fingers)

edit on 16-6-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

How VERY ... strategic...

Any evidence to support this THEORY?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So Trump was advised to fire comey and decided to do that
So who's decision was it
The advisers or Trumps
I don't understand

That is the THING.

He wasn't. Rosenstein stopped JUST SHORT of recommending firing Comey. Trump USED the memo as an excuse, and ADMITTED it to Lester Holt.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Ha haha!

Trump is clearly mocking the media reporting that he is the focus of Mueller's investigation.

Trump is pointing out how absurd it is for the media to report such nonsense because if it were true that Trump was being investigated for firing Comey, Rosenstein would have had to recuse himself already since he is the one who advised Trump to fire Comey.

It is a media witch hunt, a complete farce and I can't believe so people still buy into it.

P.S. redstae was one of the most ant-trumo sites during the election and still is.
edit on 16-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

No it's not. First off Mueller and Rosenstein do not care about the Repub healthcare plan they are democrats who I would assume are opposed to it, and I am sure they are not loyal to Trump. Second there is no need to do any distracting - it will either pass with Republican votes or it won't pass, there is no convincing any democrats.

Obamacare does not even need to be repealed, by the end of next year you won't be able to even get insurance for it anywhere because all of the insurers will have pulled out. Stop pretending like it is a system that will survive - it will not it is already DEAD. I am sick of this liberal BS. Therefore when anyone claims millions will die with the republican plan - how many will die when they can't buy insurance at all? It is a total spin job, and Trumps administration has done a terrible job of explaining it.

Do you understand Obama literally stole 300 billion from Fanny and Freddie to pay for obamacare cost overruns? This has been confirmed by Munuchin. That is literal theft from stockholders. He is basically Bernie Madoff - and nobody in the press is talking about it. He did that rather than admit it is an abysmal failure costing far more than predicted.

Look the republican plan sucks, I'm not going to say it doesn't - but it sucks less than Obamacare. The only real healthcare reform involves cutting medical costs by 50% or more. That will never pass through congress, unless the nation is in crisis.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Rosenstein MAY want to recuse himself...

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has privately admitted to colleagues that he may have to recuse himself from the ongoing federal probe into whether any associates of President Trump coordinated with Russian efforts to meddle in the 2016 race, ABC News reported Friday.

LINK

It would make it HARDER for Trump to FIRE Muller...

edit on 16-6-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The fake media cooked up this story using "anonymous sources" in response to Trump's tweet pointing how illogical the premise of him being investigated for firing Comey is.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
"Panicky"? No.

"Angry"? Yes.

Oh, he's panicky.

With the brown stains to prove it.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I attributed Rosensteins comment to this event on Wednesday.

www.upi.com...

He mentioned countries in his tweet. I found that odd until I came across this story.
And I heard some whispers of info coming out of Russia but I have not heard anything since I heard that mid afternoon or so. So I don't know.
Rosenstein says he's been wanting to make this plea to the American people and including countries could just be him casting a wide net. Funny he makes this public service announcement twenty four hours after congress votes to tighten sanctions on Russia though.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

None of them are an elderly president with nuclear codes and all that, so I'm not worried about their lack of sleep.

<<   2  3 >>

join