It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon is buying Whole Foods for $13.7 billion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
America’s Amazon Problem

Jeff Bezos has created an empire that’s quickly raising political questions

so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Remember Bezos also owns the WAPO.

He's getting into EVERYTHING

Our communities and the way we engage in commerce will change. Imagine walking into a Whole Foods store and seeing different prices depending on whether you are a member of Amazon Prime — or seeing different prices depending on any other way that you interact with Amazon.

This isn’t implausible. It is what the company does when it opens up stores. For instance, Amazon is creating a chain of physical book stores to take the place of the book stores the company destroyed. In these stores, there are no price tags at all: You scan the items with your phone and have a price delivered to you, personalized by Amazon. Why wouldn’t Amazon extend this to Whole Foods? “Our goal with Amazon Prime, make no mistake,” says Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, “is to make sure that if you are not a Prime member, you are being irresponsible.”

edit on 16-6-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
ATS is today too Orange to understand the threat of Bezos

Orange – Achievist/Strategic Meme – starting 300 years ago

Basic theme: Act in your own self-interest by playing the game to win
•Change and advancement are inherent within the scheme of things
•Progresses by learning nature’s secrets and seeking out best solutions
•Manipulate’s Earth’s resources to create and spread the abundant good life
•Optimistic, risk-taking, and self-reliant people deserve success
•Societies prosper through strategy, technology, and competiti

spiral-dynamics.wholelifewholeworld.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The ATS conspiracy spirit is dead I'm afraid

This last bastion of conspiracy intelligence has faded away...died in the cauldron of left/right bickering

Were being psychologically fleeced

Jeff Bezos, in other words, has a vision. To be everywhere, to be the platform for everything for every consumer. So when Bezos calls you irresponsible for not tithing to Amazon, America has a big political problem.
Amazon’s takeover of Whole Foods means that it can target and eliminate regional competitors one by one as it did with its online competitors. When Diapers.com emerged as a competitor to Amazon, Amazon simply sold diapers below cost until the company capitulated and sold itself to Bezos. There’s no reason to assume Amazon wouldn’t bring the same predatory pricing strategy to bear in every city in America. Why wouldn’t it? Even though predatory pricing is illegal, the government hasn’t enforced those laws for decades. Whole Foods tends to source from local farms as part of a commitment to localism; these farms will now be negotiating with a much bigger entity that is committed to a ruthless model of efficiency.

WAKE UP!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: intrptr
What a whiner.

It costs too muuuch, they don't have what I waaant...

Maybe I can be someone who settles for less in life and shop where I don't want to. Can you teach me since you're such an iconoclast?

Yah, just like labeling that reads 'New and Improved !' if the label reads 'Organic', it probably isn't.

We been sold a 'whole' bill of goods, the store name itself "Whole" Foods is misleading, isn't it.

Finer stores, finer foods, expensive labeling, you know... ambience.

Generally, the less processed and fewer additives food has, the more 'healthy' it is.

Edit: Doesn't matter where you buy it.
edit on 17-6-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Yah, just like labeling that reads 'New and Improved !' if the label reads 'Organic', it probably isn't.

We been sold a 'whole' bill of goods, the store name itself "Whole" Foods is misleading, isn't it.

Generally, the less processed and fewer additives food has, the more 'healthy' it is.

Wow, such an insightful and totally irrelevant commentary. Who cares?

And what's this 'we' stuff. Speak for yourself, you'll never be nearly qualified enough to speak for me.

edit on 17-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Good points on this post and ypur post immediately after it.
What happened to busting up monopolies?
edit on b000000302017-06-17T09:23:40-05:0009America/ChicagoSat, 17 Jun 2017 09:23:40 -0500900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

And what's this 'we' stuff. Speak for yourself, you'll never be nearly qualified enough to speak for me.

Waste of time trying to teach Caesar anything.
edit on 17-6-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

But responded anyway...

How can I not respond to my second favorite poster on the whole site?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

But responded anyway...

How can I not respond to my second favorite poster on the whole site?

Should have said 'poser' , would have been funnier.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'll file it away for future reference when I want to dampen the mood.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Willtell

Good points on this post and ypur post immediately after it.
What happened to busting up monopolies?

I guess it never happened.

Were evolving to a world with a few powerful super corporations that will rule the world. They will be the new gods.

They already own the politicians. Just look at Trumps cabinet. The head of Exxon Secretary of state?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
March 11, 2019

FYI: Whole Foods is reducing worker's hours, because Amazon raised the minimum wage to $15 an hour.

www.fastcompany.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Amazon is a ruthless corporation. I want to stop using Amazon but it is difficult I admit since they are convenient. I hope soon there is a reasonable alternative. Maybe wallmart

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
March 11, 2019

FYI: Whole Foods is reducing worker's hours, because Amazon raised the minimum wage to $15 an hour.

www.fastcompany.com...

What did everyone expect to happen? Plenty of us pointed out that if they raise wages, then hours would be cut or they'd seek to automate.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: carewemust
March 11, 2019

www.fastcompany.com...

What did everyone expect to happen? Plenty of us pointed out that if they raise wages, then hours would be cut or they'd seek to automate.

Isn’t that something, so it ends up, since they also cut their stock options, amounting to a pay cut!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join