It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon is buying Whole Foods for $13.7 billion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Is Jeff Bezos trying to become a god?

LINK

This little bald headed geek is again striking the US industrial complex and now the retail food industry is shaking in their boots…

The online retail giant announced Friday that is buying organic grocery chain Whole Foods (WFM) for $13.7 billion in cash. The deal values Whole Foods at $42 a share, 27% higher than where the stock was trading Thursday.

Amazon said Whole Foods stores will continue operating under that name as a separate unit of the company. Whole Foods CEO John Mackey will stay on to lead Whole Foods, which will keep its headquarters in Austin, Texas.

He’s ruined the publishing industry, ruined the retail industry, trying to encroach on the direct mail industry monopoly of UPS and FEDex, owns the Washington Post that has a literal army out to destroy Donald Trump’s presidency, and now wants to buy Whole Foods for 13 billion!

This little guy is without a doubt heading to be a NWO big shot, indeed amongst the 10-13 royal industries that will inherit the world.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

He’s ruined the publishing industry, ruined the retail industry, trying to encroach on the direct mail industry monopoly of UPS and FEDex, owns the Washington Post that has a literal army out to destroy Donald Trump’s presidency, and now wants to buy Whole Foods for 13 billion!

Well, I suppose he cannot ruin Wholefoods since the one by me sucks majorly to the point I will not shop there anymore. Overpriced with limited selection and they are constantly out of items I want.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Is Jeff Bezos trying to become a god?

LINK

This little bald headed geek is again striking the US industrial complex and now the retail food industry is shaking in their boots…

The online retail giant announced Friday that is buying organic grocery chain Whole Foods (WFM) for $13.7 billion in cash. The deal values Whole Foods at $42 a share, 27% higher than where the stock was trading Thursday.

Amazon said Whole Foods stores will continue operating under that name as a separate unit of the company. Whole Foods CEO John Mackey will stay on to lead Whole Foods, which will keep its headquarters in Austin, Texas.

This little guy is without a doubt heading to be a NWO big shot, indeed amongst the 10-13 royal industries that will inherit the world.

It makes sense... Amazon is trying to get into grocery delivery. They acquire Wholefoods which pretty much has a great footprint and brand all over the US and in areas where people are more likely to use Amazon (urban metropolis areas). The stores are essentially a warehouse and Amazon is already building out their delivery fleet. Makes perfect sense from a strategic standpoint. Cheaper and easier than building from scratch.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Coming soon...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Overpriced to the point where everything is almost double the cost anywhere else. I buy products like "Annie's Cheese Crackers" or "Applegate Deli Turkey" at a Trader Joe's or Shaw's for between $2-4 per package, Whole Food sells both of these products for something like $7.50, it's insane people even shop there.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The purchase means nothing other than the fact at some point a limit will have to be put on this and this sort of monopolies.

I fear what very wealthy person who always gets his way will do.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You are absolutely correct, Bezos is chasing the millenial dollar, what there is of it. They dont like to eat in restaurants, they want their food delivered to them. Delivering grocerie or prepared meals to cash in on the "bunkering" phenomenon.

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I love wholefoods. The meat is as close to proper butcher's meat as you can get without actually finding a decent butcher.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Overpriced to the point where everything is almost double the cost anywhere else. I buy products like "Annie's Cheese Crackers" or "Applegate Deli Turkey" at a Trader Joe's or Shaw's for between $2-4 per package, Whole Food sells both of these products for something like $7.50, it's insane people even shop there.

Agreed, though I would go there occasionally when I lived in Oregon because of the fantastic craft beer selection plus it was within walking distance. Other than that, count me out.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, I suppose he cannot ruin Wholefoods since the one by me sucks majorly to the point I will not shop there anymore. Overpriced with limited selection and they are constantly out of items I want.

Try the one in Montclair; I know they use to sell wine.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I love wholefoods. The meat is as close to proper butcher's meat as you can get without actually finding a decent butcher.

Yeah, their meat is fantastic. No other grocery chain comes close imho. Is it is expensive? Yes, but the quality of the meat if far above what I can find at the cheaper grocery chains. Meat is about the only thing we splurge on at Whole Foods when we don't go to a local butcher.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Cant complain really. Just a man and his company kicking ass at capitalism right?

Love or hate Amazon. They have been bringing improvements all around and will cause other companies to improve as well just to compete.
edit on 16-6-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Of course Whole Foods is a great joint, even though you go their and buy a bag of nuts and orange juice and you get a bill of 40 dollars!

The point here though, Bezos is getting into a lot of areas and becoming very powerful.

Not a good thing imo…

He’s a job killer, but of course that’s what the elite wants, consolidation and control

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Hence the well-earned nickname, 'Whole Paycheck'.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Try the one in Montclair; I know they use to sell wine.

It's a tiny mess and they no longer sell wine.

I go to the Fairway in West Paterson when I need to hit the supermarket, otherwise I go to the farmers markets or local specialty stores.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Edumakated

You are absolutely correct, Bezos is chasing the millenial dollar, what there is of it. They dont like to eat in restaurants, they want their food delivered to them. Delivering grocerie or prepared meals to cash in on the "bunkering" phenomenon.

finance.yahoo.com...

Yeah, millennials love Whole Foods. They also love delivery services. This merger makes sense as that is where the market is going. Whole Foods has also been struggling as more competitors have started offering better organic selections.

As much as I love local businesses, I cannot hate on Amazon. The convenience they provide does have value. My wife and I always try to buy locally from our quaint little downtown stores first. However, the stores simply do not have the inventory OR the hours are not convenient enough. I can frequently find damn near any product I want on Amazon and have it delivered NEXT DAY for practically nothing whereas the local stores rarely ever have it in stock.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Its interesting Bezos and the guy at Whole foods both are Shiva’s in destroying established industries….I mean Whole foods crushed the old established A&P and ShopRite food chains, just like Bezos destroyed publishing, book stores and retail shops like Macy’s and Kmart, Sears.

Now Bezos is coming after FedEx and UPS...Their next on the list as Bezos will get drones to deliver mail.

They want us slaves inside our homes glued to a TV, computer, or iphone ordering everything we need remotely like robots.

No more shopping, browsing for hours at a book store, sitting in a park reading...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
People used to worry that grocery stores were going to ruin people, since they would no longer know how to kill and dress animals, or bake their own bread.

This takes it to the point that they won't know what to do if their practically ready to eat foods are not delivered to their door.

My kids get to bake things from scratch with me and they get to help clean fish and game after we get it.
edit on b000000302017-06-16T10:40:19-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 16 Jun 2017 10:40:19 -05001000000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What a whiner.

It costs too muuuch, they don't have what I waaant...

refocusing, if a giant grocery chain consumes whole foods, its because they are too profitable, too healthy and an alternative to ordinary junk food.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Well...I think it's scary...but prices might get lower. The thing is people talk about how expensive whole foods is...and I agree for the most part.

But certain things...like actual food, real produce, I get organic stuff of better quality and cheaper at whole foods. Things like canned sauces or pasta...not so much cheaper.

But a five pound bag of organic carrots, is cheaper than other stores. I like carrots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join