It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escaped Georgia Inmates Who Killed 2 Guards Caught By Armed Citizens

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: rexsblues

originally posted by: hutch622
Meanwhile in the rest of America how many people were shot dead .

93 Million in the past 24 hours according to the Governer of Virginia.

If the elites are looking for way to cut down on the population, they really ought to try Terry McAuliffe's brand of legal gun ownership. It seems to work really well. His America will be entirely depopulated any second now.

Man, it's getting awfully quiet around my neighborhood, where the heck is everyone?

Loads guns.....

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Watched a video on local news this morning of the homeowner. He never pulled his gun. He was in the car with his kid backing out of the driveway. They walked onto his property and laid down in the driveway. They think it may have been because his car resembles a cruiser.

Can't find the video on the local site -apparently not important enough locally to post the video.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

Oh ok so all the national media just made that part up? Because they loooove the armed citizenry? Right...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Oh ok so all the national media just made that part up? Because they loooove the armed citizenry? Right...

He was armed. But he said himself he never pulled his gun. Don't care what national media says. If the man himself says he didn't pull his gun then I would tend to believe him over the media. Wouldn't be the first time the media spun a story for whatever reason they have.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Found the video at this link- www.newschannel5.com...

Quote from the accompanying article.

hat's when the men immediately laid down on the concrete of his driveway and surrendered. Hale never had to confront the men or draw his weapon.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Thanks for the link. I will admit it looks like the media really screwed the pooch on this one. Can they get anything right?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Thanks for the link. I will admit it looks like the media really screwed the pooch on this one. Can they get anything right?

They don't care about "right" - they care about clicks and sales.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Doesn't it strike anyone else as odd though? I mean they shot and killed 2 prison guards during their escape, encountered numerous civilians while on the run, including tying up an elderly couple in their home. Why would they lay down and surrender at the mere sight of this guy? Even if they thought he was a cop, it makes no sense. Not saying it didn't happen, because I believe the local news outlet and the man's account. I just find it really strange?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It appears to be really sloppy work by the media. I mean this is from an MSN article:

The man credited by law enforcement with holding two Georgia prison escapees at gunpoint until police arrived rejected the "hero" label the day after their capture and said credit should go to forces well beyond his control.

And this is from the same article, 4 paragraphs later:

He said he never had to pull out his weapon — but the wait was agonizing. More than 45 police officers began showing up within three minutes, he said.

This Fox article may explain where the confusion came from:

The trooper says the homeowner held the two at gunpoint with a neighbor he called until the Rutherford County Sheriff's Department could get there to arrest them.

So they didn't just make the "held at gunpoint" part up, they were apparently mistakenly told that by one of the law enforcement officers. But that's really sloppy work by the media. A lot of them just copy and paste whole sections of articles from AP without even reading them to make sure everything is internally consistent. If they would bother to do this little thing called proofreading they would have seen that didn't jive and maybe did a smidgen of additional research before publishing. That's #in embarrassing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join